Leaving league

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Jan 4, 2011.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Guys, I am going to have to take a leave of absence from the league. I feel you guys deserve an explanation as to why I am leaving, as this isn’t just a case of tired of the game or anything along those lines.

My fiancé has a 15 year old nephew who was living with his mom in Texas. Tori’s (fiancé) brother and his ex wife were basically at war, and Wanda (the ex) did everything she could to keep little Chris away from Big Chris (his dad), and all of his family (us). A few days before Xmas, Wanda was arrested on possession and intent to sell Marijuana and Peyote (? Not sure the spelling but apparently it’s popular down near the Mexican border in Texas?). This was her 3rd arrest so the courts stripped her of custody and was either going to place Chris with his Dad (back in NY) or his grandmother and rest of her family in Texas. I guess the fact that he had lived in Texas so long, they didn’t just automatically award Big Chris custody, I don’t know.

Little chris, now back in our lives all be it thru the courts, flew up for Xmas. He was going to see how he liked it up here and if he wanted to move to NY. He had an awesome time, and as fate would have it, when he was scheduled to fly back, the snow storm hit so he got delayed a few days. Over those extra days, he decided he wanted to come back to NY (a giant blessing in the form of 20 inches of snow and a sanitation dept slowdown). They are in the process of finalizing all the documents and working it all out. He is a great kid who has gone thru a ton of shit in his life, but has remained out of trouble thru it all. The family is, as you can imagine, happy as can be, as in like a 3 week span it went from not even talking to this kid to now he living back in NY. My fiancé is probably the happiest of them all as she used to babysit Little Chris every day when they were younger.

So what does all this have to do with me leaving the leagues. Big Chris currently lives up in Kingston NY (upstate in the mountains for those of you who don’t live here). He has a shit job, doesn’t have a pot to piss in, can barely pay his own bills let alone take on a 15 year old. Once everything gets done with the courts, he is moving back down to NYC. For the time being, Little Chris is staying with me and my fiancé. And in a few weeks, so will Big Chris. So we just added a 15 year old and a 36 year old to our household. My entire life at home has now been tossed on it’s head. Add in that I only have 1 Xbox, and Little Chris’s room is my old “game room”. He plays Xbox all the time, and since I just have the one, I’m not going to kick him off for an hour or 2 to play a game of NCAA. Since before Xmas when they have been down, I think the longest I have been able to play has been about 45 mins while playing Black Ops split screen with him.

So then the question begs, why not just go buy another Xbox. Well, in 5 months, me and Tori are getting married. Add in we just took on a 15 year old, who came to NY with a duffle bag with 2 days worth of Texas weather clothes in it. We prob have spent between $1000-1500 in the past 2 weeks buying him clothes and furniture and stuff he needs. He hasn’t even been enrolled in school here yet. Dropping $200 for a Xbox right now just isn’t really the smartest idea when we have no idea what expenses will be coming up and from which direction. And truthfully, if I did go out and get one, I still don’t know how much time I would have to play as we have a full house right now, and as we get closer to the wedding in May, we will be doing more and more running around for that. So it doesn’t make a ton of sense right now.

Bottom line, life has gotten in the way again of my NCAA playing time, similar to last year. I know some of you (guys in Tradition) are probably saying blah blah blah, same story. And if I was in your shoes, I probably would be thinking the same. I do feel you all are owed an explanation though as many of you I have become friends with, and all of you have been dedicated to the leagues, so it’s not fair that I haven’t been over the past few weeks.

All that has happened has been a blessing for my family. And right now, my free time is more needed and better spent with them than playing in the leagues. There are other guys out there who would be better owners/members than me right now and they deserve a chance to be in 2 great leagues.

Tradition guys:
    Ryno you’re the commish now. You want to boot me from the T1 for good, or even from the site for being a 2 time quitter, I understand bro. Wouldn’t blame you. I won’t ask to be back in next year. If you guys want me, you guys can ask me. If not, thanks for the opportunity to let me play in the godfather league on the site for the past 3 games. Been a blast

Uprising guys:
    A lot of you are T1 guys, but there are a few of the “newbies” left. You guys have been awesome and a great addition to the Tradition Sports Online family. I would recommend many of you for premier league spots next year. And I hope one of you want to step up and be commish to keep the league going. If any of you do, pm me.

This post got to be a lot more long winded than I wanted or originally intended it to be. But I feel you guys deserve a full explanation. If any of you read the entire thing, I apologize for the length but thanks for reading. Hopefully some of you understand and we can still be cool.

Mike

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Dammit Juggs...Just Dammit.

I was just starting to like this league.

3. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

That sir is a crazy couple of weeks. Good luck with everything

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

blaza, take over as commish

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[​IMG]

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

We need a Commish.....someone step up or the league dies....:(

7. jfosh

jfosh Super

this league is great....ill keep it going

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

It's all yours Foshe, will transfer the commish duties tonite sometime.

I don't know if you have someone in mind for Nebraska already or not, but I'll put myself on auto before I transfer commish just incase. Also, I think smalls is back (?), so he is TCU again.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Somebody advance this ish!!!

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Can I move to Nebraska?

11. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Juggs, I thought you did an awesome job with the league. I hope everything works out for you

12. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Are we advancing tonight?

13. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I can advance it before I transfer commish duties, but that is now Foshe's call. Not sure if he has someone for Nebraska and if he wants to give them a chance to play

14. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I am back!!!! Just to clarify. We are continuing, no restarting, correct?

15. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Is there a spot in the Tradition league that needs to be filled :D

16. osudds2014

osudds2014 Walk On

Life happens...thanks for starting this up to give new guys a chance

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Rusty - Nebraska. I quit

And fuck you for even asking.

18. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

[​IMG]

19. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Hey I saw the message on xbox live. I am willing to commish if need be.

20. jfosh

jfosh Super

I got your message juggs and retired from the other dynasty. So you can transfer it my way.

21. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

will do tonite when i get home, prob around 8 or so