Lebron James - "I've had 3 bad games in 7 years..."

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Dru50, May 13, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Lebron James - "I've had 3 bad games in 7 years..."

Not sure if there are are NBA or specifically Cavalier fans around here, but did anyone else catch Bron-Bron's act after his teams second epic drubbing at home in one series the other night?

He came across as a real ****-off, and if I were a fan of the Cavs I wouldn't be happy about two things - 1) that your star player didn't really seem to give a crap, on or off the court about the dismal performance by the team and himself and that he didn't take any personal responsibility for the loss, and 2) that his disinterest in the game might be an indication of a 'one foot out the door' mentality when it comes to staying in Cleveland after this year.

As a fan of hoops, I will be rooting for the Celts tonight, if for no other reason it will make for great drama in the offseason if 'The King' gets bounced in the 2nd round when his team had the best record this year.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Really better than kobe now aint he, The NBA is a joke, they just hype the cavs up every year

NUMBER 1 SEED THERE SO GREAT

Best record every year, then they hit the playoffs and play like shit right along with Lebron. They are done while every hates on kobe he will be getting his 5th ring

3. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

They were going to get bounced by D Howard anyway so he just said forget it lets lose now

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Lebron needs to shut up and play ball. Someone should have talked to him before he started talking about the fans being spoiled. I'm a huge Cavs fan, as you know Dru and I could go on and on about all this, but I won't bore everyone.

I do predict however that Lebron goes off tonight and you guys can catch game 7 Sunday afternoon at the Q. Just one man's opinion. I'm looking for a 40-10-10 type game from my boy tonight!

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

it all depends on wether Lebron wants to be "hurt" tonight or not. I hope they lose so I dont have to watch his teammates do those stupid acts before and during games, praising Lebron.

7. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I really liked Lebron before this season. I had no ill will towards him at all, but this shit is just ridiculous. Dude has some serious growing up to do. I still can't believe how he acted while the Cavs got waxed in game 5. I've NEVER seen a star player on a team that basically needs him to even have a freakin' prayer to win, act so apathetic towards the game. Very disrespectful in my opinion.

8. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

i thought the nba closed down after Micheal Jordan quit? lol just kidding. but really i dont think i have watched a game since...

9. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Shut up. All you do is play college football. You don't know nothing about basketball.

10. Hova

Case restedddd

11. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

And the biggest baby of a star player ever gets bitchslapped by Celtic TEAM play.

Cleveland fans, say it with me, "Goodbye Lebron!"

I hope your front office isn't stupid enough to keep Mike Brown. Never have I seen a worse coach. How he doesn't get in Lebron's face and tell him to be a fuckin' man and stop passing the ball when he should be trying to will his team to win is beyond me.

12. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

How the hell was that coming off like a jerk off? He stated that hes had 3 bad games and he spoils EVERYONE with his game play, which is never really bad saying his play is always expected to lead them to a victory which is a true statement.....Lebron will probably not return to cleveland and i dont blame him if he doesnt, this dude had a triple double in the game 27 points 19 rebounds and 10 assists, who else showed up besides him and mo? NOBODY, he should leave in my opinion because every attempt by the cavs to get "better" is a fail and its all being put on lebron no matter what

13. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

what do you want from him? to not pass the ball when hes not open? its his teams fault for not knocking down the open shots when they should have and could have

14. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Please. How many times did his man go under the screen, leaving Lebron wide open for a dribble drive or a jump shot for him to only pass the ball?

Winners don't pass the ball when the rest of the team is counting on you. If he's truly the best player in the NBA, then he takes it upon himself to will his team to score.

He shot the ball 7 times in the ENTIRE 4th quarter. 7 TIMES! What star player that's expected to CARRY his team (because he is because his "supporting" cast is a bunch of nobodies besides the corpse of Shaq) doesn't what the ball every time down the stretch? Apparently Lebron.

15. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

not that he didnt want the ball, they doubled and tripled him every time he got the ball and he allowed his team to get so many open looks he made the smart pass, and they didnt knock it down blame that on him? your retarded if you really think he should have just went through triple teams all 4th qtr.

16. Hova

Mike Brown is a TERRIBLE coach. That is the majority of the blame for lebrons development, He is all raw talent and needs works mentally as A player. He falls apart every year when it counts. The NBA crowned him way to fast.

17. Hova

And NINE turnovers in an elimination game? Are you serious? Make that FOUR bad games in your "Illustrous" career. Lmao

18. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Yea a bad game with a triple double? Get out of here... Ive never seen a player get that and still be called out for not trying hard enough to carry a team thats supposidly his best supporting cast? Your hater point blank

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

This is it right here. Lebron is 260 pounds, why does he always receive the ball at the three point line? You can't run some back screens and get him the ball on the block. I guess he would have to develope a low post game first, most 6'8" 260 pounders do try at least to develope one.

20. Hova

They are 0-5 when down 2-3. That explains his big game ability.

21. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

A "hater" no. As I've said before, I used to like Lebron, until I actually got back into watching NBA basketball again instead of the occasional game. That entire team is a bunch of whiners to the ref and they have one of the worst coaches I've ever seen. Mike Brown is atrocious.

Having gotten back into watching more games, and especially all of the playoffs again, the Cavs are trying to play street ball with the man on offense. You can't expect street ball coaching to work in the NBA people. Good lord.

Never the less, why didn't they spread the floor, give Lebron the ball at the high post and go at it like one of the announcers said during the game (think it was Mark Jackson or Van Gundy but I'm not for sure)? Why take away Lebron's most talented area by clogging up the lane?

I'm just glad the refs stopped calling bullshit calls when Varejao has the ball down low. Never have I seen a player get away with more bullshit than Varejao does, especially taking "charges". It's pretty bad when even the announcers go, "Wow, that wasn't a charge at all." Pretty bad.

And, as for Lebron taking a bunch of crap of losing these games, well, it comes down to how he handles it in the media. He never takes the blame for having a poor game (like game 5 where instead of taking the blame for having a poor game, pretty much throws his teammates under the bus for not having a good game either). Never takes his team on his shoulders being down by double digits with little time left and responds. He folds under pressure when it really counts. THAT'S why he gets all the blame because a star player doesn't have that happen. A star player wants the ball in his hands at the end of the game (ala Paul Pierce at the end of this game, requesting the ball be in his hands to direct the play instead of Rondo). A star player steps his game up and continues to try instead of folding under pressure and being a ghost on the court and basically giving up.

It boggles my mind that this guy is the idol of so many. Wow.

22. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Did he we watch the same game here? He hit 2 big 3s to pull them within 4 then they constantly tripled and doubled him who the hess wont dissapear then? Like avery johnson said the entire 4th qtr looked like lebron vs pierce, garnett, rondo, and allen... If you want to talk someone pullin a dissapearing act look at mo williams 20 points in the first half 2 the rest of the way? I dont see anyone else in the league being as criticized as lebron is for not "showing up" when his team totally stands there looking for him to win it for them. The celtics saw it and started leaving them wide to go double him and they choked.... This dude leads them in scoring, rebounds and assists and still gets blamed you are a hater. And every player thats a star gets calls and when they dont they cry EVERYONE OF THEM!!! And you point out lebron like hes the only one to do it. Again this is everyone blaming lebron and not his team no one helped all series id throw them under the bus too (which he didnt do by stating everyone gets spoiled by his good play) when you see his team shut down like that putting it all on him they are to blame not the star

23. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Still didn't answer my question. Why did they not spread the floor and let Lebron create? Why didn't he call that play himself and continue to make plays? Why did he pass the ball several times at the top of the key instead of drive to the basket and get a foul like he always does?

Answer those questions and I'll take your "arguments" seriously (you won't so I'm going to stop looking at this thread now because the answers are simple: #1 - Mike Brown is a horrible coach #2 - Lebron, for some reason, decided he wanted to quit and stop trying #3 - See the answer to #2).

Give me ANY other VALID reason besides the poor play by everyone else around him. Taking into account the fact that his supporting cast is mainly jump shooters than can't hit wide open shots more than 40% of the time, much less contested shots very often and you'll see that again the decision boggles my mind that they wouldn't send Lebron to the rim more often to get the defense to rotate.

Of course, then you have to take into account the fact that Mike Brown is a steaming pile of shit as a coach but you can't use that as an excuse. Lebron is the point guard, he calls the plays. Overrule your retard head coach, but Lebron isn't mature enough to just ask for the ball, spread the floor, and make a play, apparently.

But, anyway. I'll be going on now since I know you won't supply a REAL answer.

24. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

hahahahahahha, he is no point guard but the leader of the team.

LeBron tried to take over the game when he hit the back-to-back 3s. Bron tried to create but it was just one of those nights where he produced but turned the ball over and you just can't do that and expect to win, I mean the Cavs had 20+... TWENTY PLUS turnovers!

He has to have help to set himself up though. I mean look Jordan had Scotty, Tony, and Harper for goodness sakes. Mo disappeared and he is about the rest of the scoring the Cavs have.

LeBron needs help and the Cavs better sit down with him and say we are going to spend the money and bring in some players just like the Cs did 2 years ago with Allen and KG. If not he is going somewhere else.

Mors I don't really know if I can take anything that you say as a good argument.

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Why do you guys get so heated and insulting in your arguments, is it really that important, I mean I know the e-peens are huge out there but chill.