LeBron James Show's More Childish Behavior

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jmillhimes, Jul 9, 2009.

1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

LeBron James Show's More Childish Behavior

Well, some have not yet heard about this so I will post what I have..

WOW... I knew LeBron was childish but this is a real issue. I was blaming Nike but Ive turned back to James. After the jam, James spotted the camera's and had them taken up...WOW.(n)

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

This is a bitch move if I've ever seen one.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I will need a reliable link to believe this.

As much as people want to hate on him, he has been nothing but a role-model for the rest of the league. He is never in trouble and he holds his head up in defeat. He never talks bad about his teammates or decisions his coach makes. He also does a good job of putting a positive spin on things like when the big Kobe vs Lebron campaign was out (even thought Kobe has done a nice job about this lately too).

I would even go as far as to say that he was humble given the immense amount of talent and money he has. Get off the hateraid.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

5. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Also, just do a search on yahoo sports. They have several articles up.

I just think James has way to high of an ego. Yeah, the guy was born with a great gift yet he is really starting to show himself off as a true asshole. He may have been upset about the playoff loss but you dont just leave the court without atleast say congrad's to the other team or ATLEAST the coach. He is showing signs of childish behavior. He is young, but in the league you must grow up quick. He has been around long enough to know better.

Aside from this story. Shaq and James are recruiting alot of free agents. Ariza, the newest Rocket was even called by James himself last week. Ariza made a comment about James leaving Cleveland and James said "HE PLANS ON STAYING AFTER 2010". This could have been hear-say. Maybe a ploy to get more people to sign? Either way, they will need more help then what they have now

6. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

That's a pretty good link. Bayless said it all - kid's a punk. MJ must just shake his head at this crap.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Bayless? Skip Bayless? I have rocks in my driveway that know more about sports. Skip Bayless was the moron who starte the Troy Aikmen rumors about him being gay. Just because Aikmen didn't parade around with supermodels and was a private guy.

I don't see anything that says James whined about it and demanded the tapes be destroyed. Looks like Nike was trying to avoid an NCAA infraction by removing the tapes of college basketball players.

8. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    That yahoo link seems more like a blog than an actual reporting.

They can speculate and make him out to be whoever they want. Say that he ordered Nike to destroy the tapes. He's been dunked on in the NBA by far less talented people than Crawford. The question I'm asking is, why would he care?

Obviously people are going to know about it.

I just think it's cheap to take shots at people when they should be applauded. I can't imagine the type of life I would have to live if I sneezed on some lady in public and a yahoo article showed up 20 minutes later.

I don't really know why I'm arguing about it. I hate NBA basketball. Lebron and Kobe are a few guys who bring passion to a increasingly boring sport.

10. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

"I have rocks in my driveway..." LOL, that is sweet.

I don't really give 2 shits about the NBA or Lebron James but I have to say that for a guy who was touted as the next Michael Jordan from about 8th grade on, Lebron has about as much class and humility as could be expected for someone his age. I am amazed that he is not more cocky and more of a primadona. How many people could handle that kind of praise and attention at such an early age and stay anywhere near sane?
    He didn't shake hands with the Orlando Magic after a tough playoff loss, he supposedly had tape destroyed of him getting dunked on, blah, blah, blah. Come get me when the dude rapes or assaults someone because up to this point I think he has handled this unbelieveable amount of pressure at such a young age pretty damn well.

11. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Agree 100%.

12. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

:rolleyes:

I understand Everyone has different opinion's about LeBron James. I understand the dude wants to own Billions. No Problem. I do have a problem IF he was the one who demanded the tape be taken. I dont see a problem with getting dunked on. Sure, you are the King but who cares. As I said in my first post, I was all ove Nike for this because it's an image thing. I have now read two or three reports that blame James for pointing out the tape. He has several taped sessions laying around so why not keep this one for instructional use.

I know some of you love Kobe and LeBron, however I have been a fan of the NBA for around 10 years and I think athletes such as James should be held to NBA standards. LeBron follows the dress code and goes to team meetings. However, childish acts like the Orlando series and the dunk tape will bring you bad press. Someone in his position must realize this.

His age has nothing to do with it. How long has be been in the league? 5 -6 years now. Kobe had his incident in Colorado but we didnt see him upset over a loss. He would shake the hands of the other team. If he did anything stupid on camera off the court, he didnt fight to have it held back. This is not a James hate thread. Rather a discussion on whether he put up another childish act or did the right thing by grabbing it.

13. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Wow. That's a pretty high standard you guys are setting for NBA players - as long as they don't rape anyone (or even if they do - Kobe), then they're classy and humble.

I see it from the perspective of the top sport in Canada - hockey. Kids like Crosby are followed by the media from the age of 12 or younger. They too get millon-dollar endorsement deals (not, I know, to the extent of NBA players). But they seem to be held to a much higher standard of behaviour.

I'm constanly amazed that some people in society seem to get a free pass on being assholes just because they can throw a ball really well.

14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

LBJ has used some poor judgement for sure. I have heard more and more stories about the turd he really is.

Getting jammed on isnt really that big of a deal I doubt thats why the tapes were taken, I am in line with what Drifter said.

I love the NBA and it is getting better and better more and more stars good teams. The playoffs this year were fantastic.

15. BRUCE80

So you have Kobe tagged as a rapist? Do you know this for fact? He romped some skank who was in his hotel room in the middle of the night.. She had other dudes jizz in her panties and were supposed to believe Kobe who could have about any chick he wanted forced it on her?

I am not saying he did or didnt, the only two people who really know what happened are Kobe and the girl. I am just stating the other side to what you say above.

In both cases nobody really knows what happened...were all guessing as are the idiots at ESPN.

Kobe made a huge mistake and it cost him some giant ring for his wife and a payoff to the girl who may have been after that from the get go.

Lebron and the "dunk tape" who really cares. Its not like in his five years in the league or so someone else hasnt had him on thier poster.

Courtney Lee of all people..it has happened before.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zLNPDKNoyho&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zLNPDKNoyho&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

16. BRUCE80

On this point I couldnt agree more.

17. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah that's a bitch move for sure. This Jordan Crawford isn't some jackass off the street. He was a transfer from Indiana to Xavier and alot of people think he'll be playing in the NBA in a year or two and will be Xavier's best player next year. Oh well, he's the only hope Cleveland sports has right now so us Cavs fans will just deal with it and hope he resigns next year.

18. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Because there is no way the media could make an honest guy look like an asshole by blowing up retaded shit on yahoo? I'm not saying it's the case one way or another, but I do hold my judgement on people until I know something outside of what some joker on yahoo, Skip Bayless or Ed Werdner reports.

There are professional athletes that are assholes, in fact, most of them are probably in the NBA. I just think that when you look at professional basketball as a whole, guys like Lebron should be examples of how to act, especially when you consider skillset, age and level of endoresements.

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

When you're in the spotlight like Lebron James is, bad things are gonna happen. You're occasionally going to be portrayed as being either better OR worse of a guy than you actually are. And the truth might be somewhere in the middle, or it might be somewhere far to either side. Who knows? But you're GOING to be portrayed badly at some point no matter what.

As Peter Griffin said: "“It's like anal sex with Kobe Bryant, you can kick and scream all you want….but it's gonna happen.”

edit: Personally, I have no idea how he would (whilst playing in a pickup basketball game) order the tapes to be confiscated. You're telling me that after he got dunked on... He said "ok stop the game." Then called his agent, who called Nike, who called security, etc? I mean Nike is running that camp. They probably saw it as protecting their huge investment to keep a video of him getting facialed off Youtube. It's stupid but that's how I imagine this went down.

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

BTW... you think YOU GUYS don't give two shits about the NBA. Try having the only team in your hometown that ever won anything stolen and turned into something called "The Oklahoma City Thunder," lol.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    That's probably the best way of putting what I was trying to say. Who knows?

AND LOL at the family guy quote!

That's what Bruce and I were hitting on. Even the reports say that they continued the game. And he has been dunked on before by people who are far less talented. Big deal...

22. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Yes Raz, come get me when he does something serious, until then I think this "kid" has handled things incredibly well.
    I enjoy a good hockey game from time to time and have always considered myself a Pens fan if I was pushed for an answer but let's not get so ridiculous as to compare hockey teens in Canada, such as Crosby, to the media spotlight/scrutiny Lebron was and is under every second of his life here in the US.
    Sure there are bad people that do bad things in professional sports, and I am as fed up as anyone that many seem to get a pass (Donte Stallworth anyone?), but let's not let team loyalties or jealousy cause us to blow up very minor issues like not shaking a teams hand one time or this dunking incident to say that Lebron is a bad person. Ridiculous.

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yikes don't get me started.

24. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's a non-story. Can anyone say slow news day? Everybody gets dunked on. But LeBron likely knows that him getting dunked on will be on every major news network, along with stories about how his game is slipping at the ripe old age of 24 (is he 24?). I wouldn't care at all about seeing the video, but the masses - sheep that they are - salivate over that kind of stuff, and LeBron probably knows that. I don't blame him. I think he made the wrong call; he should probably let it out and laugh off the silly stories that come after, but I'm guessing it's more a Nike thing than a LeBron thing.

At camps where big names participate, this is pretty standard stuff. It happens all the time. It'll happen fifty more times this summer. You just won't hear about it.

Slow news day, people. Slow news day.

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I actually read the story and it sounds like it did happen. But I agree, kind of a non story. I really don't care.