Lee Corso in this game?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by btbam91, Jul 9, 2012.

1. btbam91

btbam91 Walk On

Has anybody else heard Lee Corso commentate in this game. I hope it is not me going crazy, but I am pretty sure he had a line after I attempted a QB sneak!

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

He had a few lines in '12 that EA forgot to take out so there's probably still a few in '13 as well.

3. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

As you know he's had a stroke and his speech has been affected - so i'd be surprised if he ever does anything new for the game

4. btbam91

btbam91 Walk On

Ahh, I was unaware of this. I player NCAA 12 ALOT and didn't hear him once.

5. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

ya thats why his role on the GAMEDAY show has been reduced and why he was absent for a while- i think his deal with ESPN run s out this year so it may be his last

i wish they would keep him around just to put the mascot head on every week!! :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I think there are a couple of things going on with Corso, first he had a stroke a few years ago which probably reduced some of his involvement with Gameday and the game. I only heard Corso once during last year's game, and I was kinda of surprised when I did. As for his contract status, I cannot imagine ESPN not renewing his contract if it is up. They can easily find a former player/coach to fill his chair, but I don't think they can find another person who brings his excitement and love for the game.

7. Westlake_88

Westlake_88 Walk On

I heard him after I returned a kick for a touchdown.