Legacu Week 6 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacu Week 6 2010

We are now into week 6. We had a super fast advance so keep it up guys. Keep the summaries coming as well. This week we have 1 user game so get that scheduled.

Game of the Week:

#16 Florida St (Ceewo) @ Miami (Maslerboros16)

The first big ACC conference matchup of the year. Should determine who controls that side of the ACC.

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #4 Alabama Crimson Tide (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 56-0 against Florida (3-2).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Columbia to face the South Carolina Gamecocks (3-1).

=============== #18 Auburn Tigers (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers travel to Lexington to face the Kentucky Wildcats (3-2).

=============== #16 Florida State Seminoles (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 28-13 against Virginia (3-1).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Miami to face the Miami Hurricanes (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Maurice Phillips has committed to Florida State

=============== #21 Georgia Bulldogs (3-1) ===============
    Last week the Bulldogs were idle.
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Tennessee (2-3).

=============== Miami Hurricanes (1-3) ===============
    Last week, Miami lost 41-21 against Clemson (4-0).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host #16 Florida State (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) HB Allen Vickers has committed to USC
    - (****) FS Lamar Jenkins has committed to Florida

=============== Michigan Wolverines (1-3) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 54-22 against Indiana (3-1).
    This week, the Wolverines will host Michigan State (2-2).

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 21-3 against Illinois (2-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Indiana (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Michael Moore has committed to Ohio State

=============== #2 Oregon Ducks (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 38-31 against Stanford (3-1).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RG Leon Kelly has committed to Tennessee

=============== #10 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 28-25 against Iowa (3-2).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Illinois (2-2).

=============== UCLA Bruins (2-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 30-10 against Washington State (1-3).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (4-0).

=============== #5 USC Trojans (4-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 31-0 against Washington (3-1).
    This week, the Trojans will host Stanford (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Mike Manning has committed to USC
    - (*****) HB Allen Vickers has committed to USC

=============== #13 Virginia Tech Hokies (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 42-17 against NC State (1-4).
    This week, the Hokies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Rasheed Irvin has committed to Clemson
    - (***) P Corey Reid has committed to Virginia Tech

Next ADV will be no later than SUNDAY at 10 am EST. Good Luck

2. Hova

Damn terrible typo in the title. Shouldn't have posted this right after my morning nap LOL

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Congrats on getting Vickers. I wish he would have held out for one more week but I dropped him from my board last week when he soft committed to USC. I didn't see myself getting him unless I landed a x2 and I know I didn't since my guys had lock symbol last week.

4. Hova

Ya that kid looks like a beast. We got a few more battles ensuing this week as well. You and Notre Dame all over my recruiting board. Haha

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Man, I had a bunch of kids at the WSU game. Looks like they were not too impressed with the play on the field. I was hoping for at least a few of them to sign after their visit!

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oregon- 59
    Wash St- 10

The Ducks put it on the Cougars outgaining Wash St 558yds to 193yds. Coast finally looked like a QB with 318yds 4 TD. Alston Jr had 115yds rushing and Thomas had 75yds inlcuding 3 TD. James added another 48yds in limited playing time.

7. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 49
    South Carolina - 28

The first half of this game was an offensive showcase. Both teams seemed to score at will by tallying a total of 58 points in the first two quarters.

Greg McElroy and the two-headed running back attack of Mark Ingram and Eddy Lacy paced the high powered Crimson Tide offense on the day. McElroy shredded the Gamecock secondary for 322 yards by completing 20 of 27 passes. He also threw 2 touchdowns and had 1 interception. Ingram and Lacy combined for 169 yards on the ground with 4 scores. Darius Hanks led the receivers with 7 catches for 164 yards and 1 touchdown.

The defense picked off 2 balls while sacking Stephen Garica twice. The Gamecock quarterback still managed to throw for 411 yards on the day. The defense looked horrible defending the pass but was able to hold the South Carolina running backs to only 24 yards throughout the contest.

Alabama will host Ole Miss in another tough SEC matchup.

8. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Florida State 21
    Miami 18

Great game with Masler. Florida State started the game fast, scoring a quick 14 points in the first quarter. Jermaine Thomas was responsible for both TD's. The first was a 2 yard sweep and the second was a 35 yard option pitch. The option was a bit of a fluke as Ponder pitched the ball, it bounced off the back of a Miami defender and right into the hands of Thomas. We will take it :)

Miami was not about to be blown out in their own stadium. Ponder struggled in the 2nd quarter, throwing a pair of INT's. The Hurricanes capitalized turning the two turnovers into 10 points. 14-10 at the half.

FSU was able to put together a solid drive in the 3rd quarter. Ponder converted a pair 3rd downs with his legs, a 14 yarder and a 6 yarder for a TD.

Miami made one last push in the 4th. They were able to get a TD on a 16 yard pass from Jacoby Harris to LaRon Byrd. Miami would add the 2 point conversion to cut the lead to 3. The onside attempt was unsuccessful. FSU looked like they were going to run out the clock with a few nice runs by Thomas and FR Lonnie Pryor. Thomas eventually fumbled giving Miami one last chance, but the didnt get much going.

Florida State improve to 5-0 on the season with Boston College next on the schedule. Great Gamer Masler.

9. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

how do u imbed a highlight that is posted on the dynasty page?

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

yea great game ceewo . Thought I had a late chance.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 19
    Cal - 24

Just couldnt get the breaks on the road in this one. A late fumble on a screen play by Jonathan Franklin sealed the deal as I could not get the ball back from Cal. I managed to force 2 fumbles but could not recover them...that cost me. Cal controlled the clock and the ground game going up 14-3 early on. The Bruins fought back but just couldnt get over the turnovers. On a side note, we only had one dropped pass...thank you conservative catch mode!!!

12. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

OSU - 52
    Indiana - 22

Ohio State picked up an easy, but costly, 52-22 win at home against Indiana. The good news was that Terrelle Pryor threw for four touchdowns and over 300 yards.

However, the bad news for OSU fans was that starting HB Brandon Saine will be on the sidelines for the next 8 weeks due to a torn pec. Dan Herron, who has seen his share of carries already this season, will move into the starting roll with Jamaal Berry backing him up.

The game itself was never in question as OSU scored 14 points before the Hoosier offense ran one play.

Rounding out the offensive day was Dane Sanzenbacher , who grabbed two TD catches. Leading the defense was Cam Heyward once again with a sack and a couple more TFL's.

13. Hova

[​IMG]

"USC welcomed the cardinals into LA for another Pac-10 matchup. This time Stanford came prepared giving USC the biggest challenge of the year. Led by QB Luck the Cards were nearly unstoppable on offense early. HB Stewart was running wild and went for 170 yards on 20 carries. The USC offense kept on striking back to keep the lead throughout the game led by HB Bradford who had 3 touchdowns. They had big plays on special teams all day setting them with good field position, not to mention a fumble recovery for a TD on a punt. The game was sealed late when USC Safety Mcallister got the game ending interception. USC invites yet another pac-10 foe to LA next week when Cal comes to town."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Hov forces me to get my game in last night and we still haven't advanced?

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think you have Duke next so I would say you have a pretty good shot at winning a sim against the mighty Blue Devils!

16. Hova

There's 1 game left. I am willing to bet my left nut it is played well before monday

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ah I thought me n ceewo were last my badddd

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

I should be back before we advance past week 7

19. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn- 20
    Kentucky- 10

Auburn suffered what was first thought to be a big loss but turned out to not really matter much as Freshman RB Dyer went down with bruised ribs. But Newton got on track for the tigers finally having a "Big" pass game going 8-19 for 160 yards but no tds. He made the passes that mattered late though and thats just what the Tigers needed him to do. Dyer before he went out ran the ball 22 times for 64 yards and 1 TD. The Tigers host Arkansas next week in their 4th conference game of the year.

20. Hova

I am really liking the stats this year. We are right on par with the CPU and there are no glaring standouts. No cheesy stats at all. WR production is defiantly down from NCAA 10, some of those stats were ridiculous. Nice to see NO WR's on the heisman watch as well. Where is our heisman reporter? haha We will need that once the season starts heatin up

21. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I will get my game in right now. Had a business meeting with my new district manager and 3 people from my largest account last night, so I couldn't squeeze my game in.