Legacy '12 Content Ideas and Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

@abolishthefed
    @cnic75
    @Ceewo
    @uncleho
    @MoonBBad
    @niuhuskie224
    @bawvu97
    @FacePlant City
    @KillerNuts
    @T Bird8239
    @bravejaf

Let's start to discuss some content things and what we wanna do to make this an awesome league. I am hoping we can brain storm some nice things that people will enjoy doing and will bring more life to our league.

I will handle weekly matchups, records and results, and making sure the recruiting document is up to date.

Some things I know FOR sure I want is one guy to handle the Legacy Hall of Fame and one guy to handle yearly Defensive and Offensive MVP. If 2 guys can step up to take that on for every season that will be a great start. Also everyone throw out ideas of things you would like to see, I am willing to do almost anything if we have the interest. I will also put occasionally highlight videos together if I have the free time, that is an area we could use help or ideas in as well.

only about 5-6 weeks to go!!

Hova - Records, weekly threads, results page
    Niu - MVPs
    Brave- Hall of Fame
    Faceplant - Games of the Week

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Power Rankings and betting on user games is always interesting.

3. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Would something like "Game Result of the Week" be cool? A description of the best game that happened over the past week and where those teams are heading for the rest of the season?

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I would be more than happy to do a Offensive and Defensive MVP thing. I can have all the teams vote and do a pre, mid and end of season recap of the top players.

5. Hova

betting what? lol

Ya that would work, hopefully dynasty wire is more stable in '12. It would be cool to have it on there every week along with the forums.

sounds great, thanks.

6. Wick36

Some leagues have everyone predict the outcome of various games and then at the end of the season the best players gets an untouchable recruit or an extra scholarship or one less user game or something of that nature.

7. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

We need to fire up the highlight videos again. I was checking out some of our old videos on youtube and it brought back some good memories.

• Like Like x 1
  8. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

One of the things that gets me is how the game eliminates the career stats of guys after they leave school....how much drive space could some stats take?....anyways I would like accurate career stat leaders kept. If the game is the same in this regard, I doubt 1 person could do it. Maybe we all do our own teams and 1 person compiles the master list.....On a side note Iam willing to help in any department but I will need some schooling on how to do things as iam not real good on the cpu/forums

9. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I like the idea of keeping career stats as well, along with the season stats available online. Hopefully the Dynasty Wire makes this a much simpler task this year.

10. Hova

We need to figure out some system for career stats, I'm guessing google docs would be the best way but I would defiantly need someone to head this up or figure out a system where we all enter our own.

I agree with the highlights, does anybody know how to compile highlights using movie maker and youtube?

I could pry crank out one a year IF I have the extra time, let me know if anybody else would like to put some together. I think it would be cool to have a "season highlights" then "Bowl season highlights" videos.

11. Hova

Another thing I need opinion's on:

How should we handle game summaries? Should we all post them in weekly threads? one big season thread? Or each have our own individual season threads where we put all of our summaries kind of like a blog?

Whatever we decide I want everyone to be using the same format.

12. Wick36

I can make a video. It's just a pain in the ass getting everyone to upload them and send out links to their player hub.

I kind of like the weekly thing, and then we can always keep the team thread in the game summaries part... it makes it easier to find stuff that way without scrolling through everything.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will take care of Hall of Fame, and will do a better job than I did for NCAA 11

• Like Like x 1
  14. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    @abolishthefed
    @cnic75
    @Ceewo
    @uncleho
    @MoonBBad
    @niuhuskie224
    @bawvu97
    @FacePlant City
    @KillerNuts
    @T Bird8239
    @bravejaf

I am pretty handy with excel. Google docs should not be much different (in fact the formulas seem to have the same format). I can always copy and paste into excel to manipulate the data. For those of you who like to play with excel i might need a back up tp help out.

What I need some feedback on is what kind of data do you guys want to capture? Please list.

Thanks fellas

15. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

In my opinion game summaries should be organized by weeks. It would keep it much easier to sift through than putting them in one big season thread.

16. MoonBBad

I have a Mac and experience making highlight videos so I could help do this as well. They won't be super fancy but I can make decent videos.

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Any videos you guys want on the main page let me know

• Like Like x 1
  18. MoonBBad

Something that is kind of cool that I have done in other leagues is a "hot seat" feature. It's where a particular coach is interviewed with some tough questions around their season, players, etc. It was a cool feature and can add some spice to the league.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hova

Good Ideas keep them coming. I can always use people to help with videos.

20. MoonBBad

Rivalries...

How do we handle them here? How does the league conduct itself in relation to trash talk? For instance if I write an article around an upcoming game say with Michigan and I have a ND player call out a particular Michigan player, etc...you know poking fun, not getting too personal, is that something that we incourage to build a nice heated rivalry?

I always like seeing the flames fanned and enjoy the competition. I also enjoy reading about other rivalries, IMO it adds to the pageantry of college football. Just curious what you all's thoughts are on the subject since I am a new guy in the league.

21. Hova

Poking fun and taking shots at rivalries is fine, we've had that around here. Where we draw the line is I don't want to see guys bringing gameplay into it and stuff like that where It will cause arguments. But ya what you are talking about it fine and encouraged, we have some great rivalries! We always had guys taking shot at Michigan last season so I am expecting it playing in the big outhouse! haha

here are a few of the many we have this year:

Mich vs ND
    Mich vs OSU
    Oregon vs Oregon St
    Florida vs Georgia
    Florida vs Bama

22. Hova

speaking of rivalries... USC vs Notre Dame

This may cause an issue for USC, with 3 pac-10 games every year that would be his 4th user game. If he ever wants to play anyone else you guys may have to rotate that rivalry every other year or have 5 user games. It's totally up to you 2 how you wanna work that.

@MoonBBad
    @niuhuskie224

edit: actually with the pac-12 you MAY not have 3 pac-10 user games locked every year, I'm not sure

23. MoonBBad

Huskie, I think we should play every year...It's a huge rivalry, but that's me. This year it's under the lights in South Bend baby!

24. Wick36

I don't think it would be possible for him to have 3 pac 12 user games every year if you don't include the title game.

25. MoonBBad

Maybe something else we could do on top of games of the week is as we continue through the years have members vote on the best rivalry. That would be something simple and add some more interesting content.