Legacy 12: Teams Per Conference

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 16, 2011.

?

How many users in each conference?

1. 4 conferences, 3 users in each

50.0%
  2. 3 conferences, 4 users in each

50.0%
  1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

@abolishthefed
    @bawvu97
    @bravejaf
    @Ceewo
    @cnic75
    @FacePlant City
    @KillerNuts
    @MoonBBad
    @niuhuskie224
    @T Bird8239
    @uncleho

We will now begin 12 setup starting with this topic and poll.

We are going to run with 4 conferences or 3.

Now the question is:

4 conferences with 3 users in each

or

3 conferences with 4 users in each, and 2 users in EACH division

Please vote on the poll and also post any comments or suggestions on THIS TOPIC, team selection and conference selection will come in a later thread.

I will break a tie in the case of one.

2. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I like having more conferences. I think it just makes things more interesting.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Depends on what people want to be, I suppose...

3 is probably better for balance in each conference division, but 4 isn't bad at all if people have teams they want in the conference.

Voting for 3, but not adverse to 4.

4. Hova

3 conferences makes everything more even con champ wise, but 4 makes much more teams available...

5. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Well I would like to be the Irish, but they are not in a conference. How is that going to work, can you place me in a conference like the Big 12? If that is the case, then I think 3 conferences is the way to go so we have less CPU games.

6. Hova

I dont know about this. I know you will have to be in one of the 3/4 conferences with everyone else. I dont really like using team swap to put teams in other conferences but If I do it would pry have to be ND Into the Big Ten as that would be the most realistic.

just fyi, team selection will be in order of what you were drafted.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

How does that work for a foundation member who never really left? ;)

I'm voting for 4 conferences, 3 teams per conference. I know this messes up balance but I feel that setup worked well for us.

8. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

That makes sense to me. They play a lot of big 10 teams anyways. Whatever you think works best...

9. Hova

haha well you chose trifecta over legacy even though you had too, but that's the only fair way to do it lol

10. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

11. Hova

12. Hova

Its a close one, still 3 more people to vote

13. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

You are correct, I did not start '11 in the league. I joined after Harris dropped. Will you be going with Michigan?

14. Hova

yep

15. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Not sure if any of you have seen Shaun's posts in which he is suggesting everyone wait a week or so before doing team selection. It seems there is important on its way.

16. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

Iam not sure how everyone else feels but I cant understand why NONE of the TSO leagues ive seen has ever tried 6 conferences with 2 teams....my thinking is you can have just as many user vs user games with out of conference schedules and most importantly it sets up the biggest games of the year (bowl games) to have a much better chance of being user vs user games. It also gives us a better representation of the entire NCAA and lets us have a better chance of picking teams we all really like. Just food for thought.......

17. Hova

I'm 90% sure the new "thing" is going to be coaching contracts and offers / conference being in online dynasty. This will have no effect on our league, unless of course everyone here wants to do a "1 star" only teams and earn our way to new offers.

18. Hova

One downside of that would be is that would be a NIGHTMARE for me making the schedules lol It's hard enough with 4 conferences. The different weeks for conference games really make it hard to make schedules work and be fair... if only we can edit conference games next season...

19. Hova

If you are wondering why I am so sure, its because Rynos new league is a dead give away to that fact, but they just can't confirm our suspicions until the embargo has been lifted

20. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I love the idea of 3 conferences. I had seen other leagues discussing this idea and was hoping it would at least be up for discussion. I think it would really spice up rivalry's. Last year I was in the ACC. As FSU I did not have to worry about winning my side of the conference and was guaranteed an ACC title game every year. The other side had Miami and VTech that had to battle it out. I feel it would be more fair and fun if we had to earn a chance at a title game.

21. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I really like this idea. @hovathegodmc, do you think it would be really that hard to make schedules work?

22. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

We did that in c2c. It worked pretty well, but users just raped the recruiting classes so its hard for the CPU to keep up.

23. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Do we really want to the same two teams in a conference championship game every year? It may be more fun if we have to work for it a little.

24. Hova

ya good points by both ceewo and Max. It would be great if the CPU was actually good and could win without unrealistic sliders, then that would be great. I have a feeling it would be like ceewo said, same con champ game every year.

25. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The conferences are not that big of a deal! I just hope the Buckeyes are available at 10!