Legacy 2011 Conference Champ Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now to conference champ week. 3 User games this week so get those scheduled.

Conference Champ Games:

SEC Champ Game:

#2 LSU (KillerNuts) vs #11 Georgia (BraveJaf)

Big Ten Champ Game:

#1 Notre Dame (MoonBBad) vs #14 Iowa (Uncleho)

Pac-12 Champ Game:

#6 Oregon (cnic75) vs #3 USC (Niuhuskie224)

Next ADV no later than Sunday at NOON EST

2. Hova

Oklahoma lost! Everything is wiiide open now

3. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

This is going to be just an unreal night of games here. Hova, you have to be rooting for ND, maybe sneak into that Rose Bowl. I am rooting for myself and then hope that I either jump LSU and ND or one of them lose.

What a great first season.

4. Hova

I think if ND goes to the BCS the rose bowl bid turns to at large

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

That is correct, see 2010 Rose Bowl for an example. TCU (the #3 team) got the Pac 10 spot since Oregon was in the title game. From my experience in NCAA 11. If the Big/PAC 10 are in championship, the #3 team will get the Rose Bowl spot nearly every time unless that school has another bowl tie-in.

6. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

You never know.

7. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I'm kind of surprised I got jumped in the coaches, not that it really matters in the long run... if I win I'm in.

I think you'd need one of us to lose.

Oregon is pretty high up in the rankings, but both of us play fairly high ranked opponents and have a big lead in the BCS.

--

I bet all 3 of us lose and it ends up being Houston vs Boise State.

8. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Here is the thing, with ND making the jump, the game could look at me vs. you and have USC over. You never know, I mean, it is EA Sports.

9. Wick36

I'm #1 in the BCS.

10. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

What if I jump you in the polls? It could be super interesting is all I am saying.

11. Wick36

MoonBBad

No idea where we'll end up after this week + bowl season...

But kind of interesting that we're 1/2 right now and we have the first leg of our home and home next season, eh?

12. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

We need a podcast to discuss these happenings.

13. Wick36

It's scheduled for tonight.

14. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

damn right.

15. MoonBBad

Now you have to make the podcast hova.

16. MoonBBad

Holy shit. I had no idea I jumped up. Surprised I got by LSU... Man the pressure that is on this Big 10 Champ game now...

17. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

How the hell can it be scheduled for tonight? My invitation must have been lost in cyberspace.

18. MoonBBad

Notre Dame Wins Big 10 Championship

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Indianapolis, IN -- The Fighting Irish were able to complete a successful comeback and hold off Iowa to win the Big 10 and advance to the national championship game for the possibility to win the national championship for the first time since 1988.

The Irish started out in the whole early after the Hawkeyes were able to jump out to an early 14-0 lead thanks to a James Vandenberg TD and an early interception from Dayne Crist which set Iowa up for their second score.

The Irish were able to fight back in the second quarter scoring 17 unanswered points and continue that into the third quarter scoring another touchdown to make the score 24-14. Iowa was able to limit the damage up till the beginning of the fourth quarter when the Irish started to mount a drive which put them in scoring range, and what looked to be the nail in the Hawkeye's coffin, however Iowa was able to force a rare Cierre Wood fumble and take it to the house to put themselves back into the game.

The Hawkeye defense held strong and was able to get the ball back for the offense who were able to mount another drive which led to the tieing field goal to send the game to overtime. In overtime the Irish defense was able to hold Iowa to a field goal, and the next posession the offense was able to score the touch down off of a Ceirre Wood 19 yard stretch play. The win sends the Irish to the National Championship game.

Great game man!

19. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was a game of big plays for Oregon. The Ducks used TDs of 76, 70, 63, 57, 43, and 42 yards to get past USC in the PAC 12 Conference Championship game. The game started off slowly with the score being 7-3 after the 1st quarter. The Ducks then used a 21 point 2nd quarter to get the Trojans out of there normal game plan of pounding the ball with Tyler. He was able to reach 89 yards on 20 carries but wasn't really a factor in the game. Woods also burned the Oregon defense with 109 yards on 5 catches but didn't reach the endzone. Oregon racked up 435 yards of total offense but only had 3 first downs on the afternoon.

Key Stats:

LaMichael James - 16 carries 218 yards 3 TDs
    Lavasier Tuinei - 2 catches 82 yards 1 TD
    Josh Huff - 1 catch 63 yards 1 TD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Highlights

42 yard TD LaMichael James

57 yd TD LaMichael James

63 yd TD Darron Thomas to Josh Huff

Eddie Pleasant Interception

70 yd TD Darron Thomas to Lavasier Tuinei

20. Hova

lol at the gay endzones. Cmon EA

21. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

It really was a great game!

22. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Showing my face around here after the embarrassing defeat.

Immediately after this game I called my ISP and bumped up my internet package. I felt one too many times what i wanted to do on the sticks, was happening way later in the game.

That being said, cnic75 just plain smoked me. Is it a closer game if my internet is better? Yes. Does he still beat me? Not a doubt in my mind.

I played a game this morning and felt a huge difference with the faster download/upload (was at 8MB DL and 500 KB Upload I wanna say, now at 15/1 which in talking with Keller is a bare minimum). So to everyone else, if you dont already have that, I strongly suggest getting it.

On two of the long TD passes and one INT that cnic75 had, I felt the lag on my end which sucked.

Anyway, cnic75 it was a pleasure playing you and I look forward to our in season meeting, along with our Pac-12 championship rematch next season.

23. Wick36

Mine's 10mb/1mb.

The boost to the upload will probably help, especially if you have stuff running that uses that internet while you play. (Well, you said it helped, so probably probably isn't the right word ;))

Your distance from your opponent is usually the biggest thing that causes lag with a p2p connection, so you'll most likely still get some lag.

24. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Can't wait to play you without that disconnect! ;-)

25. Wick36

bravejaf

Did you get the transfer failed message after that game?