Legacy 2011 Season Kickoff (Week 1)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy 2011 Season Kickoff (Week 1)

We are now into week 1. One user game this week between USC and Florida St. I need to see everyone's recruiting and Game summary threads up by no later than saturday.

Game of the Week:

#4 USC (HovathegodMC) @ #11 Florida St (Ceewo)

Red = Conference Challenge Game

Next Advance will be no later than Saturday at 11 am EST. Keep the summaries coming every week, I will be checking early and often.

Good luck to everyone this season.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

So if we don't advance till Saturday is it safe for me to assume the week 2 advance won't be till at least Tuesday? I will be gone Saturday morning to Tuesday afternoon.

3. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

#18 Auburn- 40

#9 Texas- 10

What a way to begin the season!!! The Tigers came in huge underdogs on paper but they were clearly the more prepared team. Heisman hopeful Dyer was again AMAZING 34 rushes for 159 yards and 3tds. Newton showed great poise all day in the pocket and on the ground running for multiple first downs finishing the day 10-14 232 yards and 2tds most importantly no picks, he also ran 5 times for 53 yards. The defense held the Longhorns in check all day holding them to only 193 yards of total offense 160 of which was through the air. For Auburn this is a huge win to kick off what they hope to be a great year despite early predictions of them faltering this year.

Coach DJ after the game: "This is just the beginning, we arent joking around this year. No cupcakes, we will not take the easy wins, every win this year will be earned. We wont take on the Navys of the world like say MIAMI. No we want top flight competition week in and week out, even outside of the already stacked SEC."

Nxt week Auburn grudgingly travels to the Big House to face the Beloved Wolverines

Coach DJ on nxt weeks game: "This will be all business, Love the school, but we will do just what we did to texas if not worse...."

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I play USC way more of a challenge than CPU Texas, don't even start

5. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

lol why must you respond lmao not even gonna go into your 1 hard user game lol

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

You are comparing CPU and user games, not even on the same tier, that's why I respond

7. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

I compared Cpu to Cpu, texas to navy not Texas to Usc.......

8. Hova

Does Texas have no secondary? How did you complete so many 20+ yard passes?

9. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

lol idk Newton was on fire all day

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Probably blitzed all day like the CPU loves to do.

11. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

ya that and jumping the snap all day, love that

12. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oregon- 35
    Fresno State- 28

Too close for comfort. The Ducks sneak out of Fresno with a hard fought win. James led the way with 150yds 3 TD on the ground. Thomas made an impressive debut at QB throwing for 315yds 2 TD. The defense looked very suspect giving up close to 200yds by the Bulldog RB's.

edit: forgot to add that the Fresno State kicker blasted a 61yd and 60yd FG. He gets my early Heisman vote...

13. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 52
    Notre Dame - 7

Alabama rolls out a new offense and then rolls over Notre Dame.

The Crimson Tide changed the offensive gameplan over the offseason and the new Florida State style did not disappoint.

The defense was swarming all afternoon. They totaled 11 sacks, 1 interception, 3 forced fumbles, and scored 2 touchdowns.

Alabama has a bye next week before traveling to Happy Valley to face defending champion Penn State.

14. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Michigan State-21
    VT-44

All-American Ryan Williams had 238 yards rushing and 4 TD's, although half came on runs of 74 and 68 yards. Full write up in my thread.

15. Hova

Roll tide rollllll

16. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#13 Georgia Tech 7
    #7 Georgia 35

The engineering nerds at Georgia Tech won the opening toss and elected to kick off. That would be one of their only highlights of the day. Georgia went 80 yards on 15 plays in their opening drive and the crowd in Athens went ballistic. On their first drive, GT would gain 1 first down, but would be forced to punt the ball away. QB Aaron Murray threw an INT on the next drive and left the Yellowjackets with a short field. Georgia Tech would score to tie the game at 7. Murray would battle back for two straight long TD passes. The defense played well and held GT to 85 yards in the first half. The Bulldogs took a 21-7 lead into halftime.

In the second half, both the defense and Murray continued their play from the first half. Murray added 2 more TD. There was no scoring in the 4th quarter by either team, as Georgia's second defense held GT on a 4th and long inside the redzone.

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]

Penn State met TCU in a rematch of the National Championship and the outcome was the same. The Nittany Lions started a little slow but really took off in the second quarter. Newsome had a very solid game, completing 10-12 passes and throwing for 2 TD passes. He also rushed for a short TD. Green had a great game, assuming the starting role after Royster graduated. Green scored on a 77 yard TD and finished with 138 yards on 12 carries.

On the defensive side Penn State got presssure on TCU's quarterback, coming away with 4 sacks. Redshirt freshman Olaniyan came off the bench and got 2 of the sacks. Latham was credited with a sacks and his resulted in a fumble recovery TD. He finished with 4 solo tackles, including 2 for a loss.

The murderous stretch gets worse. Oregon (Hokie) is next up for the Nittany Lions and then they get Alabama (Cnic) in week 3.

Offensive Player of the Game: Newsome 10-12 202 yards 2 TD/0 INT; 6 yards rushing 1 TD

Defensive Player of the Game: Lattimore 4 solo tackles 2 tackle for loss 1 sack 1 fumble forced

First Quarter
    04:20 FG TCU Ross Evans K #37 51 yard field goal
    04:04 TD Penn State Stephfon Green HB #21 77 yard rush
    02:00 TD TCU Corey Fuller TE #86 23 yard pass from Yogi Gallegos QB #12
    Second Quarter
    06:56 FG Penn State David Soldner P #28 27 yard field goal
    06:46 TD Penn State Gerald Hodges LOLB #6 6 yard fumble
    02:40 TD Penn State Derek Moye WR #6 22 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    00:01 FG TCU Ross Evans K #37 20 yard field goal
    Third Quarter
    05:51 TD Penn State Curtis Drake WR #7 15 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    01:46 TD Penn State Kevin Newsome QB #12 3 yard rush
    Forth Quarter
    01:31 FG Penn State David Soldner P #28 44 yard field goal

18. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    EMU 7
    Michigan 55

After a tumultous 2010 campaign and a winter which saw rumors swirling about Tate Forcier's potential transfer, the Michigan Wolverines were happy to take the field this afternoon. Forcier earned his starting QB position back in winter drills and spring practices leading three consecutive Wolverine scoring drives on opening day in the Big House. In fact Michigan scored on its first eight possessions. All three Michgian QBs played in the game as Denard came for two drives and redshirt freshman Devin Gardner closed out the fourth quarter. Forcier finished with 164 total yards of offense and 2 touchdowns while Robinson had 37 yards of total offense. Gardner was stripped of the ball on a read option play in his first series under center but came thundering back with a 56 yard touchdown run on a sprint option. Defensively Michigan domiated the line of scrimmage and uncustomarily pulled half their starters at the half while the offense kept their starters int he game for a series. With 11 knockdowns and three sacks on the day lead by interior forces William Campbell and Mike Martin, EMU QB Devontae Payne saw plenty of the Field Turf in Michigan Stadium. Redshirt freshman Richard Ash knocked Payne form the game in the fourth quarter. Next up for Michigan will host Auburn.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

So any shot of advancing tonight or tomorrow? Just wondering since I will be going to my parent's place on Saturday and I'm really trying to avoid bringing my 360. I have back to back user games in 2 and 3 so a sub also is out of the question. I figure if I get my game in before I leave Saturday morning then I should be able to play my week 3 game when I get back Tuesday.

20. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

I'm getting my game in this afternoon.

21. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Hova and I are playing tomorrow at 4pm est.

22. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Just had a good game against Houston. Will write the summary later today.

Anyone have any insanely surprising players on their roster? I have a HB named Anthony Barr who is a freak. He is only a sophomore and probably should be my starter (but I would feel video game guilt over my Sr HB Coleman). Barr is 6'5 and 232 Lbs and definitely not slow and breaks way too many tackles. He is ridiculous. I am excited for his next season.

23. Hova

USC 24
    Florida St 7

USC got the big conference challenge win to start off the year. The running game was shut down early so Barkley was forced to throw alot and did. He went for over 300 yards to 8 different wideouts. Threw 2 bad INTs but made the big throws when he needed them. GG Ceewo. Full write up coming later.

24. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

USC is tough. I scored on my first possession and was shut out the rest of the way. I had no answer for Barkley and the 5 wide sets.