Legacy 2011 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 11. Michigan is number! and we have 3 user games this week. Lets rolllllllll

Game of the Week:

#7 Alabama (T Bird) @ #4 LSU (KillerNuts)

A huge SEC matchup to determine who likely goes to the SEC Champ game.

Next ADV no later than SUN at 11 am EST

2. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

An Alabama win is just what I need to get back into the championship picture. Siting at number 8, a win by Bama and then a win by me over Bama could get me into the top 5. A Pac-12 championship and help and who knows.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

That would require a lot of help. Even if I win out, I think I will need quite a bit of help.

----

That being said... gotta get mentally focused for this bama game. :rolleyes:

4. Wick36

[​IMG][​IMG]

score.PNG
    scoresum.PNG

LSU Wins a Nailbiter

LSU is barely able to edge out Alabama in a game that will likely decide who will represent the SEC West in the SEC Title game later this fall.​

This game was a battle of two teams with complete opposite styles. LSU focused on the pass and Alabama pounded out their yards on the ground.​

The game didn't start very well for the Tigers. They started with the ball and were unable to score. Alabama got on the board first following a Trent Richardson TD. After a pair of interceptions (One was a terrible read, the other he under threw a streak badly), Jefferson was pulled from the game in favor of Zach Mettenberger, who was able to scamper for a TD :11 seconds before the end of the first half.​

With the score 14-10 in favor of Alabama, the Crimson Tide received the ball at the half. Both sides had a lot of failed drives, and ended up both scoring a TD in the third. With the game was going it looked like Bama would get the win. However, LSU was able to force a stop with about 3 minutes left near midfield. The punt barely went into the end zone and that meant that LSU needed to go 80 yards for a win against the best defense in the country. Things were not looking good, especially with Mettenberger (who also threw two picks, one where a receiver got jammed and I miss timed the pass making it a duck and another where he threw it over the head of a guy running a drag) out with an injury, forcing Jordan Jefferson back on the field. Long story short, after a fourth down conversion, the Tigers were able to move down the field and score with just a few seconds left on the clock. Alabama got some big yardage on a screen that put them in position for a hail mary, but Sims was sacked to end the game.​

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

T Bird8239
    KillerNuts

LSU vs. Alabama - the battle for rights to lose to Georgia in Conference Championship :p

6. Wick36

refuse to lose

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Can someone post story from Dynasty Wire. Don't get off work for a few hours. Curious if I landed any recruits and if I even play a game this week.

8. Wick36

Welcome to Week 11!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #7 Alabama Crimson Tide (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama lost 24-21 against Arkansas (5-2).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Baton Rouge to face the #4 LSU Tigers (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Jarvis Grier has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) MLB J.R. Cook has committed to Tennessee
    - (****) HB Jared Smith has committed to Oregon
    - (****) QB Mike Adams has committed to Georgia

=============== #22 Georgia Bulldogs (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 20-17 against Florida (7-2).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Oxford to face the Ole Miss Rebels (2-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Mike Adams has committed to Georgia

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 35-0 against Minnesota (2-6).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #1 Michigan (8-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Corey Yancey has committed to SMU
    - (****) QB Adam Reese has committed to Iowa

=============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (8-0) ===============
    Last week the Wolverines were idle.
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Peter Meadows has committed to Michigan
    - (***) LG Richard Grant has committed to Michigan

=============== #17 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State lost 38-16 against Wisconsin (4-3).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Indiana (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Jarvis Grier has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) WR Robert Felder has committed to Ohio State

=============== #4 LSU Tigers (7-1) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host #7 Alabama (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE C.J. Jensen has committed to LSU

=============== #10 Oregon Ducks (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 55-13 against Washington State (2-7).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Darius Campbell has committed to Oregon
    - (***) RT Greg Ernst has committed to Oregon
    - (****) TE Richard Seymour has committed to Oregon
    - (****) HB Jared Smith has committed to Oregon

=============== Oregon State Beavers (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 31-10 against Utah (5-3).
    This week, the Beavers will host #13 Stanford (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Kenneth Ashley has committed to Oregon State
    - (***) FS Andre Thompson has committed to Oregon State
    - (***) LT Andy Ewing has committed to Oregon State

=============== #8 USC Trojans (7-1) ===============
    Last week the Trojans were idle.
    This week, the Trojans travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Nick Spence has committed to USC
    - (****) RG Josh Jackson has committed to USC

=============== #15 Florida Gators (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Florida lost 20-17 against Georgia (6-3).
    This week, the Gators will host Vanderbilt (4-4).

=============== #5 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame won 21-0 against Navy (3-5).
    This week, the Fighting Irish travel to Seattle to face the #23 Washington Huskies (6-2).

=============== #23 Washington Huskies (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Washington won 41-20 against Arizona (5-2).
    This week, the Huskies will host #5 Notre Dame (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB John Taylor has committed to Washington
    - (***) LG Nick Wilson has committed to Washington
    - (**) K Bruce Weber has committed to Washington
    - (***) MLB John Bowman has committed to Washington

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hova

Great job everyone at keeping the recruiting spreadsheet updated (y)

10. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seattle, Washington -- It all starts upfront. The age old additive that many football coaches would agree still holds true in the modern game of college football. Notre Dame's offensive linemen domintated the Washington defensive line much of the game tonight in Seattle. Despite being knocked out of the game with a minor concussion, Cierre Wood had a good game rushing for 60 yards on 8 carries and scored a touchdown. Jonas Grey was able to shift into the primary role netting 37 yards on 11 carries and a touchdown. Freshman speedster George Atikinson came on to spell Grey and was able to acquire 29 yards on 6 carries and a touchdown as well to cap the three headed monster in the Irish backfield. Senior wideout Michael Floyd had another outstanding game with four catches for 148 yards and a touchdown.​

The offensive line aren't the only ones having fun this season. The defensive line for the Irish have been exceptional all season. Freshman Louis Nix has been a beast all season and adds to his sack total with two more on the day. CB Gary Grey had another interception, this time for a defensive touchdown on what would become the turning point of the game for the Irish.​

The Irish turned on the jets in the third quarter, pulling away from the Huskies by playing stout defense and taking advantage of great field position throughout the quarter.​

Next week the Irish face Northwestern and look to continue their magical season.​

[​IMG]

11. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

LSU vs Alabama

This was a great game right up til the point LSU stopped the game to complain that " How many counters you gonna run, it must be like 10 now". I dont no about everyone else but once an opponent starts pausing the game to complain and cry, the game is ruined for me and I dont even want to play, especially when its a bullshit complaint. When you run the ball 40+ times, you may see 10 counters. I must say its the 1st time in my video game career ive received a complaint about running too many counters. What you really meant was..."stop running the ball down my throat" The whole situation is more perplexing given LSU ran the same shotgun formation the ENTIRE GAME. Anyways, ive enjoyed this OD very much, but I will not stay if we allow these tactics....man the fuck up...grow the fuck up....

12. Hova

Don't even respond to this or I'll remove you both. Taking this to PM where it belongs.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]

14. MoonBBad

I thought the consensus in the league is if someone has a problem with someone's game play you should be addressing it during the game as opposed to after the game? Is that not the case? I am not really commenting on the complaint cause I have no idea how you play the game, more commenting on how the complaint was filed, which IMO, the way you describe it was handled correctly. Perhaps the context could be a bit different, but you should be addressing this in game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Best solution, play with a mic so you can discuss issue w/o needing to pause the game. Second best solution is to discuss the issue by pausing game and sending message.

Second worst way to handle the issue, send message to guilty party and/or commissioner after the game. Absolute worst way to handle any issue, dispute issue on public message board after the game.

Not commenting on the issue above, just about how I prefer to see issues handled as a fellow commissioner.

16. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Agree. The mic thing is huge and even if you don't wanna talk, to have it on or near by. I learned my lesson when I played a game against someone (not in this league) and was unable to pause it. Complained after the fact and all would have been avoided had I just grabbed the headset. Learn from your mistakes though.

17. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

#23 Washington - 14​
    #5 Notre Dame - 41​

What started off as tougher, closer battle in the first half slowly became a blowout in the second. Washington had trouble against a very stout defense that wouldn't let UW's running game flourish, and couldn't convert when it came to passing the ball more. However, even with Washington's running game held in-check, HB Chris Polk still attained 161 yards off of 19 attempts for 1 TD, keeping his Heisman candidacy elevated.​

The ND O-line dominated Washington's defense for the most part (with some stalls happening in the 1st and 2nd quarter), which gave them plenty of T.O.P and easy first downs all the way up the field.​

"We ran somewhat successfully in the game, but when you start getting down in points as we were, you have to revert to passing. We just could not get the passing game going which completely took us out of the game and made us rather one dimensional," said Coach FacePlant, "We need to keep working on our passing game and get ready for another tough opponent in USC. Our boys will be ready."​

18. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    So get the hell out then. Running counter after counter is against the rules established by the site.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, there are plenty of people who want in a Xbox Premier League.

• Like Like x 3
  19. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

This is not going to end well.

20. MoonBBad

Hova, you should lock this thread and create a new one. We need to stop commenting on this...

21. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

I will officially resign...I didnt run counter after counter shawn...thats the whole point.....Iam as sim as they get. How you can assume I did is hard to figure out.

22. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Bullshit.

And Im pretty sure Shaun is more Pissed off that you're calling someone out in public as well as threatening to leave if things don't change. At least I know I would be.

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'd suggest dropping this now or taking it to PM. Don't want this to spiral out of control. Just a friendly suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  24. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I think it already is out of control. Especially when guys from other leagues are coming over and weighing in.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    This website isn't just about one league.

Hova has the ability to clean this up, and I will be in contact with Hova and T-bird about what this means going forward.