Legacy 2011 Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy 2011 Week 12

We are now into week 12. This is a big week for user games with 3 so everyone get your threads up asap and get these scheduled.

Games of the Week:

"Iron Bowl"
    #5 Alabama (Cnic75) @ #10 Auburn (DJ391)

#7 Florida St (Ceewo) @ Georgia (AbolishtheFed)

#18 UCLA (FacePlantCity) @ #22 Miami (Maslerboros16) (This should have been in UCLA, don't know what happened)

RED = Conference Challange Game

Welcome to Week 12!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #5 Alabama Crimson Tide (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 38-31 against LSU (5-5).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Auburn to face the #10 Auburn Tigers (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FB Derek Amos has committed to Alabama
    - (****) HB Joe Townes has committed to Alabama

=============== #10 Auburn Tigers (8-1) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host #5 Alabama (9-1).

=============== #7 Florida State Seminoles (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 35-6 against Clemson (8-2).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Athens to face the Georgia Bulldogs (7-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Bradley Gray has committed to Florida State
    - (***) SS Dontae Reid has committed to Florida State
    - (***) ROLB Mike Gant has committed to Clemson

=============== Georgia Bulldogs (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Georgia lost 21-17 against Ole Miss (5-5).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host #7 Florida State (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Bradley Gray has committed to Florida State
    - (****) QB Cory Maxey has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) CB J.D. Clark has committed to Clemson
    - (****) RT Justin Jackson has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #4 Iowa Hawkeyes (8-1) ===============
    Last week the Hawkeyes were idle.
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Columbus to face the #16 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB J.D. Clark has committed to Clemson

=============== #22 Miami Hurricanes (6-3) ===============
    Last week the Hurricanes were idle.
    This week, the Hurricanes will host #18 UCLA (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Charles Johnson has committed to Miami

=============== Michigan Wolverines (5-4) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 33-28 against Illinois (4-6).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (4-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Xavier Vincent has committed to West Virginia

=============== #8 Oregon Ducks (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 28-21 against Stanford (7-3).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Xavier Vincent has committed to West Virginia
    - (****) LOLB Justin Doyle has committed to Oregon

=============== #12 Penn State Nittany Lions (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 34-16 against Wisconsin (3-7).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Minneapolis to face the #13 Minnesota Golden Gophers (8-1).

=============== #18 UCLA Bruins (8-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 38-10 against Arizona (3-5).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Miami to face the #22 Miami Hurricanes (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Roger Wilson has committed to UCLA
    - (***) LOLB Brad Miller has committed to Washington
    - (***) SS Jamie Cain has committed to UCLA

=============== #1 USC Trojans (9-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 21-14 against Washington (6-3).
    This week, the Trojans travel to Tucson to face the Arizona Wildcats (3-5).

=============== #17 Virginia Tech Hokies (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 35-3 against Wake Forest (3-7).
    This week, the Hokies travel to Charlottesville to face the Virginia Cavaliers (5-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Cory Maxey has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) RT Trey Sullivan has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (*) FB Mike Downs has committed to North Carolina
    - (***) FB Derek Amos has committed to Alabama

Next ADV will be no later than TUESDAY at 2 AM EST.

2. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Florida State 13
    Georgia 10

Bsta and I have been in a few recruiting battles, but this would be the first time we have met on the gridiron. This was a tough game where the defenses set the tempo. Georgia jumped out to an early 10-0 lead when the kicked a FG on their opening drive. They then abruptly EJ Manuel and turned that into a 16 yard Murray to Brown TD pass. FSU would then settle for 2 FG's in the second quarter. The last was helped by a dropped UGA into that somehow ended up in Willie Haulstead hands. We caught a break there. In the 3rd quarter FSU was finally able get into the endzone on a 1 yard TD run by Jermaine Thomas. Late in the 4th quarter, Georgia had the ball and the momentum. The drove down to the redzone and were definatly in FG range. They didnt want to settle for a FG and it backfired. Senior CB Dionte Allen jumped a slant route and intercepted the ball, perserving the win for the Seminoles.

GG Bsta, that one easily could have gone the other way.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State 27
    Minnesota 14

The pesky Gophers would mot go away in this game, thanks in large part to the play of Marquis Gray and Duane Bennett. Gray passed for 242 yards and hooked up with Bennett on his lone TD pass. Bennett rushed for 114 and had 23 yards receiving in this game. He did make one costly mistake. In the fourth quarter he fumbled on a run inside the Penn State 3 yard line. Mike Yancich made the strip and D Anton Lynn picked up the fumble. Lynn was also the recipient of one of two interceptions thrown by Gray.

On the offensive side the run game struggled again but Kevin Newsome made some big passes. He finished the game with 313 yards passing and 2 TD. More importantly he did not throw an interception in this game, something that has plagued him in recent weeks. Newsome also accounted for the other TD on a short rushing play. Green managed 69 yards on the ground and Redd added 23. Neither back averaged more than 4 yards per carry in this game.

Next up for Penn State is a rivalry match with Michigan State. Currently the Spartans have just one loss on the season and they are ranked above Penn State at 11. Following that game Penn State has to travel to Auburn to take on the Tigers. The Nittany Lions need wins in both games to have a shot at an at-large BCS bowl.

Offensive Player of the Game: Newsome 16-27 313 yards 2/0; 1 rush TD

Defensive Player of the Game: Lynn 5 tackles (3 solo, 2 atk) 1 interception 1 fumble recovery 1 pass deflection

Second Quarter
    06:21 TD Penn State Derek Moye WR #6 30 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    05:18 TD Penn State Kevin Newsome QB #12 1 yard rush
    02:31 FG Penn State David Soldner P #28 50 yard field goal
    01:32 TD Minnesota DeLeon Eskridge HB #23 34 yard rush
    01:00 TD Penn State Justin Brown WR #19 26 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    Third Quarter
    05:19 TD Minnesota Duane Bennett HB #22 20 yard pass from MarQueis Gray QB #5
    01:20 FG Penn State David Soldner P #28 45 yard field goal

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    WTF!!!

Michigan 20
    Northwestern 35

I dont know what to say about this game or the past couple for that matter. NW had 12, 4 by the QB, enroute to 214 rushing yards on 36 carries. Their QB completed his first 10 passes looking like Montana in the pocket and scrambling like Vick. The only dropped pass for NW was by the FB. I just dont understand how my 94 OVR, 86 Tackle DT & 85 OVR 82 Tackle DE can hit a HB or QB and have them dead to rites but the back just shrugs them off and runs 10 yards down field before being stopped.

On defense their LE had three sacks where he just blew by my RT out of the blocks. THe LE's ratings are Ovr: 80, ACC: 83, Fin Move: 78, Pwr Move: 72, Blk Shed: 73. My RT' ratings ar Ovr: 87, Pass Blk: 83, AWR: 83, Str: 88.

Its killing me b/c its seems to be the same storyline each and every week. My d-line dominates the opposing o-line but the HB or QB breaks a tackle and then runs for 10 -15 yards and when that is not happening the QB is throwing laser strikes. On offense my o-line cannot block and every run gets blown up in the backfield.

Come on beer and football!!!

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Makes no sense. Maybe try putting your tackling on conservative?? Let's see how you do with Michigan in the Eleague, there sliders seem to be tougher than ours though...

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I always go with conservative for tackling and big hits.

7. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Good game ceewo. The slant pattern was the perfect play against your blitz and my wide receiver had the cornerback beat by 2-3 yards, but somehow your cornerback made up the distance in a millisecond. I also believe Murray may have thrown the ball behind my receiver. That was a tough loss to take and it is now Georgia's fourth consecutive defeat.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami 21

UCLA 35

My halfback Miller pissed me off royally tonight as he gave up the ball twice, both giving UCLA excellent field position. The Bruins had a 21 point first quarter and never looked back. Miamis offense could not get going until it was much too late. UCLA was the better team on the field, GG Kzoo.

9. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

GG, Masler. You were unrealistically unlucky tonight. The fumbles were one thing, but there were at least 3-4 dropped interceptions from my FR QB. Should've been closer.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Especially that one in the endzone by Green, man I though he had that..but yea Miller killed me, one of them was my fault tho because I fought for extra yards