Legacy 2011 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Feb 21, 2009
    Legacy 2011 Week 6

We are now ADV to week 6. One user game this week so get that thread up. Keep up the good pace guys.

Game of the Week:

Va Tech (Pipehitter531) @ #7 Alabama (Cnic75)

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #7 Alabama Crimson Tide (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 42-32 against Florida (3-2).
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host Virginia Tech (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) QB Ryan Horn has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) LG Joe Oliver has committed to Alabama

=============== #20 Auburn Tigers (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Auburn won 34-7 against South Carolina (2-3).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) LG Joe Oliver has committed to Alabama

=============== #13 Florida State Seminoles (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 42-30 against Duke (2-3).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Winston-Salem to face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-1).

=============== #3 Georgia Bulldogs (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 31-7 against Kentucky (1-3).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Mississippi State (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Marvin Robinson has committed to Georgia
    - (***) LOLB Dominique Carter has committed to Georgia
    - (****) RG Derek Chance has committed to Florida

=============== #10 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 45-24 against Wisconsin (2-3).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Illinois (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Kevin Reddick has committed to Michigan
    - (****) QB Adrian Rosario has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #15 Miami Hurricanes (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 52-27 against Boston College (2-3).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host Duke (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:

=============== Michigan Wolverines (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Wolverines were idle.
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Madison to face the Wisconsin Badgers (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FB Mark Greene has committed to Clemson
    - (****) FS Kevin Reddick has committed to Michigan

=============== #2 Oregon Ducks (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 29-14 against Cal (3-1).
    This week, the Ducks will host Arizona (3-0).

=============== #4 Penn State Nittany Lions (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 34-17 against Illinois (3-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #12 Ohio State (2-1).

=============== UCLA Bruins (3-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 27-2 against Oregon State (1-2).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Tempe to face the Arizona State Sun Devils (1-4).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Josh Howard has committed to UCLA

=============== #1 USC Trojans (5-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 48-13 against Arizona State (1-4).
    This week, the Trojans travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (1-2).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Josh Howard has committed to UCLA

=============== Virginia Tech Hokies (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech lost 38-23 against North Carolina (5-0).
    This week, the Hokies travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #7 Alabama Crimson Tide (3-1).

Next ADV no later than Tuesday at 4 PM EST. GL
  2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Feb 25, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    I'll be able to recruit but my Game will need to be simmed b/c I'm out of town until tueday night.
  3. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Feb 6, 2010
    I will get mine in as soon as I am hooked up at college on Sunday afternoon.
  4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Jul 13, 2009

Penn State and Ohio State battled it out in Beaver Stadium, and for the second year in a row the Nittany Lions emerged victorious. Newsome made a couple more mistakes in this game but he also made some big plays. The mistakes came in the form of 2 more interception, giving him 7 on the season. He forced a couple passes into coverage and FS Oharian Johnson made the picks. On the positive side Newsome threw for 239 yards and 2 TD in this game. WR3 Brown and TE Szcerba were the recipients of the TD receptions. The Ohio State run game can also take some credit for the picks. Penn State managed just 61 yards on the ground on 24 carries. The OSU defense also stuffed Penn State on 4 straight plays inside the 5 to force a turnover on downs.

Penn State's defense got some help from Buckeyes poor kicking game. Freshman kicker Brown missed an extra point and a short field goal. The defense also forced OSU QB into some mistakes, 2 interceptions and a fumble. The biggest takeway for Penn State was an interception by CB Lynn. Buckeyes drove down the field with a chance to tie with a minute left. Lynn picked off the pass inside the Penn State 5 yard line. Aside from the turnovers Bauserman was right on the mark. He finished with 270 yards passing while completing 17 of 25 passes. The run defense was a little better for Penn State, the Buckeyes had 25 carries for 98 yards.

Things do not get easier for Penn State. Their next match is against #10 Iowa and this match will likely play a large part in crowning the Big 10 champion. If Penn State gets through that match the Nittany Lions are likely to run the table in Big 10. They do not play Michigan this season and their toughest remaining conference foe is Michigan State.

Offensive Player of the Game: Szcerba 4 receptions 60 yards 1 TD

Defensive Player of the Game: Lynn 3 tackles (2 solo, 1 atk) 1 interception 1 fumble recovery

First Quarter
    03:07 TD Penn State Andrew Szczerba TE #80 16 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    00:12 TD Ohio State Jaamal Berry HB #4 4 yard rush
    Third Quarter
    03:41 TD Penn State Justin Brown WR #19 11 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    01:15 FG Penn State David Soldner P #28 33 yard field goal
    00:27 TD Ohio State Chris Fields WR #80 42 yard pass from Joe Bauserman QB #14
    Forth Quarter
    02:55 FG Penn State David Soldner P #28 46 yard field goal
  5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Jul 4, 2009
    Can you wait to advance around 6-7pm est? I won't be back until late Monday night and have to work till 4pm est Tuesday.

I am going to the Va Tech vs Boise game.
  6. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Mar 5, 2010
    FSU 35
    WF 10

Florida State had been getting burned by the passing game all year. I decided to mix up the depth chart a little and see what happens. The results were better than expected as we held Wake Forest to 7/19 78 yards and 1 INT. Granted it was Wake Forest, but Duke had put up over 300 yards through the air. So I am exicited with the progress, but we will get a true test next week against a tough Miami squad.

On offense we relied on the rushing game. EJ Manuel just doesnt seem like he can get the job done. He has the attributes, so the problem is probably myself. The running back trio of Jermaine Thomas, Brendan Marks, and Christian Thompson combined for all 5 of the Seminole TDs, 4 on the ground and 1 recieving. On defense Toshmon Stephens had a pair of Sacks and Nigel Carr added an INT.

Big conference/rivalry game next week againt the Miami Hurricanes. We have several recruits coming in so we need to make a good showing. I typically try to avoid user games for recruit visits, but I had no choice with the way my schedule was set up. This could make or break my recruiting class this year.
  7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Aug 13, 2009
    Miami 56

Duke 36

Miami's defense was solid today forcing 6 turnovers (3 INT, 3 Fumbles). Everyone on the defense was having a field day with this crappy Duke offense (how they managed to score 36 on me I'll never know). Shayon Green was a monster today with 7 Tackles and 2 FF. But the other linebacker, Spence, was the leader of the D today as he would record 11 Tackles, 10 solo, 2 TFL, a deflection and a FF. The other linebacker Futch would start the scoring early in the first with a 50 yard INT return for a TD, Futch also record a FF. CB McGee also had a good outing with 11 Tackles (only 6 solo), a TFL and an INT. Let's not forget the offense as Jacory Harris threw 5 TD's on the day with no interceptions. Benjamin and Byrd both went over 100 yards on the day. TE Sanders had a nice one handed TD grab as well. Miller, HB, had over 100 yards rushing and a score. Late in the 4th, while the Canes were trying to play the clock, he fumbled. Upon challenging the call and viewing it from every angle BOTH knees were down but the refs still called in a turnover, thus resulting in the Canes getting their only turnover. The starters stayed in all game because of a fiesty Duke squad that attempted a comeback in the 4th, the closest they got was within 11 points.

Miami is 4-1 (3-0) and travel to face Florida State in hopes of revenge after nearly overcoming them last year, this will surely shake up the ACC no matter who wins. I am also hoping that this win over Duke persuades some of the recruits I had visiting to sign with me.

Wire Highlights
    1) Photo: Sanders one handed TD catch
    2) Futch pick 6s
    3) Fumble recovery TD
    4) Another fumble recovered
    5) The BS fumble that you can obviously see the knees down.
    6) Harris hits Benjamin for a long TD pass.
  8. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Mar 27, 2010
    Miss St 20
    #3 Georgia 37

Georgia raced out to a 30-0 lead with the team firing on all cylinders in front of the home fans in Athens. UGA brought in the bomb squad to play the fourth quarter and they did their best to lose the game. MSU scored a quick TD on them and then recovered 2 straight onside kicks to cut the score to 30-20 with 2 minutes left. Georgia was able to run out the clock and score a TD to ice the game.
  9. Hova

Feb 21, 2009

"USC got off to another slow start, this time facing the pesky Oregon St beavers. The first half saw pretty bad football as the Trojans went into halftime down by 3. Disaster then struck at the beginning of the 3rd when QB Matt Barkley went down for 7 Weeks with a Torn Shoulder. Backup QB Kan would have to see his first action of the season, and USC needed to comeback. Help delivered when HB Baxter took an 80 yard run to the house for 6 as seen in the highlight reel. The Beavers answered right back however with a quick shot that decimated the Trojan secondary. The bad luck continued as HB Baxter then went down with a game ending injury. QB Kan took the opportunity to shine and led a great drive that would take the lead. He played solid ball all day and showed that he was ready to step in and lead this team. The defense finally stood up and got some stops and USC sealed the win. USC heads to a much needed by next week. Coach Hova is hoping that Matt Barkley can return by Week 13 for the HUGE matchup with #2 ranked Oregon. He said Kan will be ready however if Matt is not. The next opponent would be in 2 weeks at Washington St. USC should handle them easily."​
  10. Hova

Feb 21, 2009
    We will advance tomorrow around 6pm whenever hokie finishes his game.
  11. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Feb 21, 2009
    Alabama - 41
    Virginia Tech - 3

The game plan coming in was to use the pass to setup the run. Alabama threw the ball almost the entire 1st half and then mixed in a few running plays throughout the rest of the game. The Florida State offense that Alabama is running this year is really starting to come together. The offense put up 513 total yards on the day.

The Crimson Tide defense also helped by only allowing a field goal and 176 total yards. They were also able to intercept 2 passes from Ju Ju Clayton

Offensive Player of the Game:

A.J. McCarron 14-17 302 yards 3 TDs

Defensive Player of the Game:

DeQuan Menzie 2 Tackles, 1 interception

Alabama will next travel to Oxford to face Ole Miss in an SEC showdown.
  12. Hova

Feb 21, 2009
    Looks like the tide are startin to roll.... Sucks the Penn st game had to be simmed
  13. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Aug 13, 2009
    Am i the only one that thinks i should get a 2 week handicap in recruiting when it comes to bama? JUST SAYIN!!!