Legacy 2011 Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy 2011 Week 7

We are now into Week 7. Three user games this week so get them scheduling threads up.

Games of the Week:

#13 Miami (Maslerboros16) @ #12 Florida St (Ceewo)

#2 Oregon (Hokie Effect) @ VA Tech (Pipehitter531)

#9 Iowa (JCSpartan2) @ #5 Penn St (Hokie Effect)

Red = Conference Challenge

Welcome to Week 7!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #7 Alabama Crimson Tide (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 41-3 against Virginia Tech (3-2).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Oxford to face the Ole Miss Rebels (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR John Lacey has committed to USC
    - (****) RE T.J. Johnson has committed to Alabama

=============== #18 Auburn Tigers (4-1) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers travel to Fayetteville to face the #23 Arkansas Razorbacks (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Jeff Williams has committed to LSU
    - (****) CB Ricky Gutierrez has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #12 Florida State Seminoles (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 35-10 against Wake Forest (3-2).
    This week, the Seminoles will host #13 Miami (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Joey Pittman has committed to Florida State

=============== #3 Georgia Bulldogs (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 37-20 against Mississippi State (4-2).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Nashville to face the Vanderbilt Commodores (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K Brady Williams has committed to Texas
    - (****) CB Nick Neal has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (****) MLB Mike Burns has committed to Missouri
    - (****) LOLB Tim White has committed to Florida
    - (****) WR John Edwards has committed to Georgia

=============== #9 Iowa Hawkeyes (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 38-34 against Illinois (3-2).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to University Park to face the #5 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) HB Kyle Goss has committed to Penn State
    - (****) MLB Anthony Leonard has committed to Clemson
    - (****) LE Miguel Norman has committed to Oklahoma
    - (***) ROLB Sam Myrick has committed to Iowa
    - (***) DT Mark Purcell has committed to Iowa
    - (****) RT Josh Ross has committed to Iowa

=============== #13 Miami Hurricanes (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 56-36 against Duke (2-4).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Tallahassee to face the #12 Florida State Seminoles (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Derek Baker has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) RG Allen Johnson has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) LE Tyler Schroeder has committed to LSU
    - (****) RE T.J. Johnson has committed to Alabama
    - (****) C Mike Preston has committed to Miami
    - (****) C Terrance Wall has committed to Clemson

=============== Michigan Wolverines (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 23-13 against Wisconsin (2-4).
    This week, the Wolverines will host Indiana (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #2 Oregon Ducks (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 35-21 against Arizona (3-1).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Blacksburg to face the Virginia Tech Hokies (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Alex Anderson has committed to Cal

=============== #5 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 20-13 against Ohio State (2-2).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #9 Iowa (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR John Edwards has committed to Georgia
    - (****) RG Allen Johnson has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) HB Kyle Goss has committed to Penn State

=============== UCLA Bruins (4-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 28-0 against Arizona State (1-5).
    This week, the Bruins will host Washington State (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Ryan Fields has committed to Stanford
    - (***) LG Andrew Johnston has committed to Stanford
    - (****) WR Kyle Romero has committed to Stanford

=============== #1 USC Trojans (6-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 31-13 against Oregon State (1-3).
    This week, the Trojans are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR John Lacey has committed to USC
    - (*****) RT Adam Adams has committed to USC
    - (****) CB Nate Montgomery has committed to USC

=============== Virginia Tech Hokies (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech lost 41-3 against Alabama (4-1).
    This week, the Hokies will host #2 Oregon (6-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FB Trey Williams has committed to Duke
    - (***) WR Josh Wiggins has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) TE Derek Baker has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) RT Josh Ross has committed to Iowa
    - (****) LG Erik Wilson has committed to Tennessee

Next ADV will be no later than FRIDAY at 6 PM EST.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I just dropped 1,128 points on a DT. I feel bad for that ASU coach.

3. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn- 24
    Arkansas- 7

Auburn wins again on the road, this time taking down SEC foe Arkansas. Again Dyer had a big game running the ball 33 times for 171 yards and a touchdown. Newton also had a nice day going 8 for 10 on the night for 137 yards and 1 TD. The defense was on the bend but dont break game again today as they allowed big gash plays and many 3rd down conversions.

Coach DJ after the game: "If i were to take away one thing from this game is that we need to get better in these 3rd down situations we cant always expect that no matter what when a team gets into the redzone we will come up with big plays. The offense I really liked today we were very efficient with just 1 turnover that cost us a TD before half but other than that we were perfect. Newton is growing every week as a game manager and we need that out of him for if Dyer ever goes down."

4. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 55
    Ole Miss - 0

Ole Miss did not stand a chance in this one. Alabama was up 31-0 after the 1st quarter. The Rebels turned the ball over 3 times in that opening frame. Two of the turnovers went back for scores. Courtney Upshaw returned a fumble 16 yards and Phelon Jones returned an interception 24 yards. The other fumble came on a kickoff return that setup Alabama inside the 20.

There was a bit of bad news on the afternoon. Starting running back Trent Richardson will be lost for at least the next two weeks to injury. He joins already injured running back Eddie Lacy on the sidelines. Alabama will have to depend on there 3rd and 4th string backs for the near future.

Offensive Player of the Game:

Julio Jones 6-112 2 TDs

Defensive Player of the Game:

Phelon Jones 7 tackles 1 interception 2 FF 1 TD

Alabama will next host Tennessee in another SEC battle

5. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Miami 14
    FSU 26

This was a huge rivalry matchup. Florida State had a lot on the line with all 13 of their recruiting targets in attendance. Miami was looking to regain in-state bragging rights after a close loss last year.

Miami started out quick. The made quick work of the FSU defense. Jacory Harris was shredding the secondary. Miami scored 14 opeing quarter points on a 77 yard TD pass to Benjamin and a Miller 28 yard untouched TD run right up the gut of the FSU Defense.

It was 14-7 with about 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter when the big play of the game happened. EJ Manuel hit Jerome Fortson over the middle for what I thought was a game tieing TD. The ball was knocked loose and recovered by the Hurricanes. After watching the reply, the refs missed the called, it should have been a touchback and Miami ball at the 20. But the refs called it a safety, giving FSU 2 points and the ball back. Im not sure Miami ever really recoverd from the play.

Florida State went on to rely heavily on the run game. Jermain Thomas finished with 172 yards and 2 TD. Florida State won the turnover battle 3-1 and the time of possession 21:24 to 6:36.. EJ Manuel had a nice game completing 13/18 passes for 232 yards and a TD.

Great game Masler. Next week FSU has a bye week where we hope to announce a few signings.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yea that safety made my blood boil and I didn't bother challenging because somehow I knew it'd be a waste. Anyway gg ceewo, I have a tough road ahead with all big opponents, I hope to see you in the CCG

7. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

UCLA - 42
    Washington State - 0

UCLA wins their second shutout in a row. Washington State's spread looked promising at the start, but the UCLA defense stayed strong (as they have throughout the season) and stopped all scoring threats. UCLA's offense was finally balanced with a rushing attack mainly provided by HB Coleman, however, HB Barr finished off many of his drives giving him 3 TDs for the game.

UCLA is already looking better than they did last year by going over their horrendous 4-win season.

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Iowa 31
    Penn State 28

Classic game played between 2 top ten teams. This game was an exact mirror image of the user game I played last night (MSU V UofM) in which I won with the same score.

I started the game off moving down the field without much problem, but had to settle for a FG. I forced Brave to punt on his first possession, then go and throw a stupid INT. Brave makes me pay and scores in 3 plays with a 50 yard TD run. I came right back down the field behind some powerful running by Jewel Hampton to retake the lead 10-7. The score would stay that way for the entire 2nd quarter.

I started with the ball 2nd half and scored on my first possession on a long run by Hampton on a toss sweep. Brave answered with perfect lob pass over my LB for a long TD reception, Iowa up 17-14. We traded punts and then Brave decided to open up his offense. He threw all over my defense to retake the lead late in the 3rd, 17-21. Again, it looked like I would answer but my offense stalled in the redzone and I had to settle for another FG, still down 20-21. On Brave's next possession, Iowa LB Bruce Davis forced a fumble from Stefon Green and Iowa LB Neilson recovered it on the PSU 30. I took full advantage ran the ball all they way home. Hampton then converted on the two point conversion to go up 28-21. Brave and QB Newsome would continue the aerial assault and tie the game up with a 1:20 to go on a pass that probably should have been picked off (see highlights). 1:20 was more than enough time for Iowa as they methodically made their way down the field to the PSU 20 and kicked the game winning FG as time expired.

Great Game Brave, I couldn't stop your passing game after the 3rd quarter and I didn't think there was anyway I was pulling this one out. I'm looking forward to next time in Iowa City.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah it was a fun game. I just couldn't make a stop on that last drive and you made enough big plays to pull out the win. I was probably a little lucky to keep it that close as 3 of my 4 TD were from 50 yards or more. Green had 2 big runs (60+ on each) but I probably didn't do much on his other carries. Newsome was pretty good in this game and Smith has become my favorite target despite being just 5'7.

I wish you luck in the rest of your schedule this year. I need to get focused and start winning some games. Without that cheap Alabama win this season would be awful and I can't afford another mistake the rest of the way.

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oregon- 30
    VT- 32

Ugly game by the Ducks as they commit 3 costly turnovers and couldn't stop the Hokies offense.