Legacy 2011 Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy 2011 Week 8

We are now into week 8. No user games this week so let's get these games in asap. Make sure all of you summaries are up to date.

Game of the Week:

#2 Georgia (Abolishthefed) vs Florida

Welcome to Week 8!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #6 Alabama Crimson Tide (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 55-0 against Ole Miss (4-3).
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host Tennessee (2-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Jacob Alston has committed to Clemson
    - (*****) DT Adam Bryant has committed to Ohio State

=============== #17 Auburn Tigers (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Auburn won 24-7 against Arkansas (5-2).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Baton Rouge to face the LSU Tigers (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Ronnie Humphrey has committed to Nebraska
    - (*****) SS Andre Nunez has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #11 Florida State Seminoles (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 26-14 against Miami (4-2).
    This week, the Seminoles are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Arthur Cooper has committed to Florida State
    - (****) DT Jacob Alston has committed to Clemson
    - (****) TE Alex Wilson has committed to Florida State
    - (****) FS Ryan Butler has committed to Florida State
    - (*****) WR Eric Carter has committed to Florida State
    - (*****) RE Chris Bush has committed to Florida State

=============== #2 Georgia Bulldogs (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 34-12 against Vanderbilt (3-3).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Jacksonville to face the Florida Gators (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Chris Ellis has committed to Georgia

=============== #5 Iowa Hawkeyes (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 31-28 against Penn State (4-2).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Skyler Sharpe has committed to Minnesota
    - (****) LG Chad Haynes has committed to Texas Tech
    - (****) SS Cameron Powell has committed to Texas A&M
    - (****) DT Mike Beck has committed to Pittsburgh
    - (****) ROLB Josh Smith has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) WR Adam Williams has committed to West Virginia
    - (****) DT Dustin Smith has committed to Boise State
    - (***) CB John Nichols has committed to Iowa
    - (****) RE Logan Williams has committed to Iowa
    - (****) QB Nick Richardson has committed to Iowa

=============== #20 Miami Hurricanes (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Miami lost 26-14 against Florida State (5-1).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host Georgia Tech (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Alex Wilson has committed to Florida State
    - (***) FB Jason George has committed to Miami
    - (*****) DT Adam Bryant has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) QB Sean Jenkins has committed to Texas
    - (*****) WR Eric Carter has committed to Florida State
    - (****) ROLB Blake Oliver has committed to Florida
    - (****) ROLB Josh Smith has committed to Notre Dame
    - (*****) WR Ronnie Humphrey has committed to Nebraska
    - (*****) RE Chris Bush has committed to Florida State

=============== Michigan Wolverines (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 41-16 against Indiana (3-4).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to East Lansing to face the #16 Michigan State Spartans (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Hakim Taylor has committed to Michigan
    - (****) LOLB David McGee has committed to Purdue
    - (****) CB Shelton Tate has committed to Pittsburgh
    - (****) DT Damien Pugh has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) RE Tom Wesley has committed to Notre Dame
    - (*****) LT Matt Olson has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) LE Robert Smith has committed to Michigan

=============== #10 Oregon Ducks (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon lost 32-30 against Virginia Tech (4-2).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Tempe to face the Arizona State Sun Devils (1-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Joe Burns has committed to Boise State
    - (****) LG Chad Haynes has committed to Texas Tech
    - (****) LG Thomas Howard has committed to Arizona State
    - (****) CB Randy Franz has committed to USC

=============== #12 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Penn State lost 31-28 against Iowa (5-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Keith Crowell has committed to Penn State
    - (****) RE Larry Robertson has committed to Penn State

=============== UCLA Bruins (5-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 42-0 against Washington State (2-4).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Jordan Brown has committed to Air Force
    - (***) FS Evan Wade has committed to UCLA

=============== #1 USC Trojans (6-0) ===============
    Last week the Trojans were idle.
    This week, the Trojans travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Waylon Green has committed to USC
    - (*****) WR D'Juan Nash has committed to USC
    - (****) CB Randy Franz has committed to USC

=============== #19 Virginia Tech Hokies (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 32-30 against Oregon (6-1).
    This week, the Hokies will host #13 Clemson (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Reggie Williams has committed to Virginia
    - (***) SS Derrick Freeman has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) RE Logan Williams has committed to Iowa

Hey guys I need to set the advance A little quick this weekand.

Set it for Sunday at 2 AM EST. If we don't advance then I will not be back until monday afternoon to advance so let's try to get all the games in by then so we can advance before I take off. Thanks.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ lost all my recruits WTF

3. Hova

[​IMG]

"USC dominates this one from start to finish. The lowly cats were just no match for the high powered USC offense. Back up QB Kan showed great leadership going 10/11 and throwing 2 TDs plus running for 1. Freshman HB Dillon Baxter had 182 yards and 2 TDs as well in the 46-6 rout of Washington St. USC takes on Cal next week."​

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State 49
    Northwestern 10

This game started off a bit scary for Penn State fans. Newsome threw picks on his first 2 pass attempts and the second was returned for a TD. After that the Nittany Lions played like they should have played the entire season. The ground game was dominant and Green evened the game with a 74 yard TD. He ended up with 17 carries 147 yards and 4 TD. Redd had an excellent game off the bench rushing 9 times for 68 yards and 1 TD. Newsome played better after his 2 miscues passing for 122 yards and a TD, and rushing for another 50 yards. The defense did not allow Northwestern to score a touchdown in this game and gave up just 38 yards on the ground.

Purdue Boilermakers are next on the schedule for Penn State. Purdue currently has a 5-1 record so Nittany Lions are not overlooking this match.

Offensive Player of the Game: Green 17 carries 147 yards 4 TD; 1 reception 7 yards

Defensive Player of the Game: Yancich 6 tackles (6 solo) 3 tackles for loss 1 sack

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami 48

Ga Tech 21

Georgia Tech made the first quarter interesting and then got blown out. The defense figured out the option easily as the Yellow Jackets kept running the same play over and over. The defense was lead by the defensive line today who would break through GT's O line and create the chance to tackle. Miami's offense shredded the mediocre defense GT tried to put up. Harris had another great day. This win avenges the loss from last season.

Miami goes up to 5-2 (4-1), rebounding from the loss to Florida State last week. Next week they travel to Chapel Hill to face the Tar Heels in a bitter rivalry.

Stats

J. Harris 17/26, 381 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT, 1 rush, 11 yds, 1 TD

L. Miller 20 Att, 95 yds, TD

T. Benjamin 5 Rec, 156 yds, TD

A. Johnson 6 Rec, 148 yds, TD

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan 28
    Michigan St 35

The Spartans welcomed the Wolverines with a big dose of Larry Caper. The Junior HB rushed for 236 yards on 26 carries and two touchdowns. Michigan's offense struggled running the ball only tallying 58 yards on the ground. Michigan will need to regroup as they hit the road again to take on Iowa in Kinnick Stadium.

7. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn-56
    Lsu- 42

Auburn escapes Death Valley with a big win and in the words of the GREAT Jay Z, "Everyday a star is born"... Freshman Receiver Trovon Reed was introduced to the world making 10 catches for 180 yards and 3 touchdowns on the day. With Reed shining it looks as if Auburn has a deep threat that was never realized before. Dyer was amazing as usual running the ball 42 times for 188 yards and 4TDs. Newton continued on his maturation prosses as a pocket QB going 17-21 295 yards and 4 touchdowns with no picks.

Coach DJ after the game: "What a game right? Trevon Reed how bout him? Hes a nice one right? I know!!! We had big downsides this game with the LSU back just continuously gashing us all day long and their pass game demolishing our defense. But im going to focus on the positives in this one which is that the pass game finally has a pulse and im loving that. That does wonders for our run game and i hope to continue to see this kinda growth in the future because we have some huge games coming up and we need every bit of that pass game to show up.."

8. Hova

Did I say you could replay this game? And why does it say restarted twice?

9. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

i never replayed and i txted you with the restart reason last night way before i replayed it today, you replyed and thats all you said....and it did the same last year if it was restarted once but okkkkk coulda messaged me that one

10. Hova

You just signed the new rule about 3 weeks ago. Do you have a photo or somebody to vouch for you? If not it's going to be simmed as it states in the rules. The game says it was restarted 2 times.

11. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

a photo of what i went back to dashboard as soon as the team thing popped up where it gives you pointless facts and i was out the door, but okkkkk

12. Hova

We just signed off on the rule

Here it is again straight from the rules page for everyone if anybody has forgotten:

Starting this season if you have a restart DO NOT replay the game. Contact me first. If you don't have proof (Photo, human to vouch for you) don't expect to be allowed to replay it unless it is your first offense. I know shit happens but I was lien-ant with this last year and wont be anymore. Expect a sim if you come without proof.

There it is. Everyone will be under the same rules. If I have a restart my game will be simmed as well unless I have proof.

13. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

ok I havent restarted no games, but ok dude i aint takin no loss when i messaged you when it happened as soon as it happened and waited for your response got your response and nothin after that and then played

14. Hova

You had a restart last season that being your first offense. Anyone can log into the dynasty right now and see it says "Game restarted 2 times". No proof, no replay

15. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

what restart did i have last year? you got me confused cause i have had none... and its known that when you restart a game 1 time and you go back and play it it says ITS RESTARTED TWICE..... your new to ncaa i see

16. Hova

That would be your bowl game last season and no this year it doesn't. Every time somebody has restarted it says this game was restarted once.

17. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

my bowl game? wth are you talking about i didnt restart my bowl game.....and i exited out of the game in pre-play/ restarted one time i did not restart 2 times but you can go ahead and try that yourself cause i know damn well im not lying about it

18. Hova

You had one. I know everybody who had one. I keep track of everything. Next time read and follow rules that you sign off to and things like this won't happen.

19. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

no i had no restarts especially not in my bowl game you obviousy have that one wrong, but your right I forgot the rule which is why i txted you to let you know, i didnt bother to see who was online to vouche for me, and i had no way to take a picture unless you wanted me to take a pic of the tv with my phone.........

20. Hova

Any picture is fine as long as you call tell its the right teams and the score and clock can be seen. A picture would be more useful for situations where you get disconnected from the servers or your xbox freezes. In your situation you should have messaged somebody who was online.

21. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

ya I acknowledged that, but i was out the door as soon as i went to the dashboard but i made sure to txt it

22. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#2 Georgia 24
    Florida 31

Georgia suffers defeats in back to back years to Florida. Brantley was lights out for Florida, completing 22 of 28 pass attempts and 4 of those incompletions were at the end of the first half hail mary plays. Brantley channeled the power of Jesus (Tebow) to throw through defenders multiple times. Also, HB Demps broke 2-3 tackles on every single play. For Georgia, the receiving corps dropped multiple balls and the defenders were able to increase their vertical leap to about 60" for this game. Overall, it was a frustrating game.

23. Hova

Only Va Tech left to be played, advance is sunday at 2 am EST