Legacy 2012 Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now ADV to bowl season. We have 2 huge user matchups this week so get those threads up asap. Bowls are as follows:

Champ Sports Bowl:
    Miami (Maslerboros16) vs Toledo

ATnT Cotton Bowl:

LSU (dukebball632) vs Texas

LSU 3 Texas 41

Texas Bowl:

Iowa (JCSpartan2) vs Nebraska

Iowa 31 Nebraska 24

Chick-fil-A Bowl:

Ole Miss vs VA Tech (I Wicktorious I)

Ole Miss 60 VA Tech 73

Capitol One Bowl:

Georgia (AbolishtheFed) vs Penn St (BraveJaf)

Georgia 19 Penn St 21

Alamo Bowl:

Kansas vs UCLA (Face Plant City)

Kansas 10 UCLA 35

Orange Bowl:

Oregon (Hokie Effect) vs USF

Oregon 38 USF 13

Sugar Bowl:

Alabama (Cnic75) vs Ohio St

Rose Bowl:

USC (HovatheGodMC) vs Michigan (Big Suge Knight)

USC 42 Michigan 17

BCS National Championship Game:

Florida St (Ceewo) vs Texas AnM

Florida St 30 Texas AnM 13

Great matchups this year, PSU and Georgia get a rematch to there insane game that just played weeks ago and USC and Michigan meet in the Rose Bowl for a Classic Matchup of the Pac 10 and Big Ten powers. Florida St looks to knock off the Lame Aggies in the BCS Title Game!

Next ADV will be NO LATER than Saturday at 9 AM EST. Good Luck to everyone!

User and Team records have all been updated as well, check those out and let me know of any mistakes. Looks like FSU had the number 1 user defense this year, defense wins championships!

2. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

My team got jobbed out of a BCS game. That is garbage.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Interesting, wonder if I can get some revenge for that 2OT loss.

4. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

I'm actually in a bowl game!!!!

5. FacePlant City

I had a far better record last year and went to the same bowl game. Really strange.

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Hey Michigan way to fight your asses off and get into a bowls after forever. Oh BTW you play USC....

When you wanna do this Hova?

7. abolishthefed

The Pac-10 and ACC have historically crappy bowl tie-ins.

8. Hova

Ya it's all based on your conference seed and the tie in

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

thanks for including my team up there...we have the shit bowl vs Toledo

10. Hova

LOL I always miss somebody, it's a tradition

11. FacePlant City

UCLA - 35
    Kansas - 10

UCLA got their head coach back today and also showed what their defense could have been all year. UCLA prevented Kansas from getting any offensive points except for a late FG when points didn't matter.

Kansas didn't really get much going on either side of the ball and felt like an extremely easy opponent. Sophomore QB Byron Bray went 22-33 for 353 yards and 5 TDs and surpassed the school record for passing yards in one season. UCLA fans are excited to see what this QB will do with a better Oline and a solid WR core in later seasons.

The game was all about passing as UCLA couldn't find their ground game as per usual. This made it hard to run out the clock for the entire second half when the game was completely in the Bruins' hands.

"Solid win. Now it's time to bring in our recruiting class and bring the program back up to higher standards like last year."

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Don't think I will be able to get my game in tonight, have to get to bed right after I get home from class...should get it done tomorrow

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State and Georgia met for the second time in recent weeks and this game was another dog fight. The Bulldogs were able to eat up yardage but couldn't punch in any touchdowns till very late in the game. The defense bend but don't break philosophy worked as Georgia kicked 4 field goals in this game. Blair Walsh had a hell of a game in this match, making all 4 tries including a 56-yarder before the half. The Bulldog's freshman QB Zach Brown avoided turning it over and he passed for 248 yards. On the offensive side Penn State did turn it over once, an interception by Newsome, but the QB made up for that play later in the game. He finished his collegiate career with 3 more touchdowns, leaving the Nittany Lions' career record at 74 touchdown passes. Shawney Kersey, Mark Wedderburn and Curtis Dukes each caught 1 TD pass. The reception by Dukes was the biggest of this game. With a 2-point lead Penn State chose to pass on a 3rd down attempt with under a minute in the fourth quarter. Penn State's coach did not want this game coming down to the leg of Walsh. On the pass play Dukes ran a simple out route from the running back slot but was well covered. The offensive line bought Newsome a large amount of time and Dukes was able to break away from the defender. A crisp pass from Newsome was caught and the 44-yard TD gave Penn State a 9-point lead with under a minute remaining. Georgia managed to drive the field with no timeouts and score, but left just 3 seconds on the clock. The onside kick was recovered by a Georgia player but the ball did not go 10 yards. This sealed the win for Penn State and capped off a tremendous career for Newsome and several seniors on this squad. The team likely ends up in the top 10 this season, after entering the Capital One Bowl with the #11 spot.

#11 Penn State 21
    #9 Georgia 19

Offensive Player of the Game: Kevin Newsome 15-21 210 yards 3 TD/1 INT; 8 carries 32 yards

Defensive Player of the Game: Lee Broussard 6 tackles (5 solo/1 atk) 3 tackles for loss 1 sack

First Quarter
    00:37 FG Georgia Blair Walsh K #57 30 yard field goal
    Second Quarter
    02:13 TD Penn State Shawney Kersey WR #81 9 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    00:15 FG Georgia Blair Walsh K #57 56 yard field goal
    Third Quarter
    03:17 FG Georgia Blair Walsh K #57 42 yard field goal
    Forth Quarter
    05:54 TD Penn State Mark Wedderburn TE #13 6 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    02:32 FG Georgia Blair Walsh K #57 26 yard field goal
    00:53 TD Penn State Curtis Dukes HB #26 44 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    00:02 TD Georgia Washaun Ealey HB #3 4 yard pass from Zach Brown QB #12

14. Hova

Damn another tight one! Good Stuff

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I played 4 user games this season, here are the margins of victory
    Oregon -3
    Iowa -1
    Georgia -1
    Georgia +2

Needless to say, no one ever leaves the Penn State games early :)

16. abolishthefed

#9 Georgia 19
    #11 Penn St 21

Penn State's QB Newsome came up big in the rematch, throwing for 3 TD, including a 50+ yard rollout pass in the 4th quarter to ice the game. The Bulldog offense struggled in the redzone all game, including a dropped slant route in the endzone by WR Rantavious Wooten on the first series of the game. Good game bravejaf.

17. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

This game was absolutely insane...

In the highlights... multiple plays received A++ ratings (I had never seen this before now) and a 70 yard TD run doesn't even have a highlight available in the post game.

Virginia Tech 73
    Ole Miss 60

This game was a combination of high power offenses and terrible defenses. Senior QB Ju Ju Clayton found someone open on seemingly every play. This is one of the greatest performances by a QB ever seen. Had he played this well all season, the Hokies could have played in a bowl that actually meant something.

Defensively, however, the Hokies were not so spectacular. Missed tackles and blown coverages were seen all game. 2 yard gains were turned into 80 yard TDs, and the terrible man coverage left hooks and slants open every time. The Hokie pass rush was non existent. There was a play in which Virginia Tech blitzed 8 guys to try and confuse the Rebel offense. However, this resulted in 2 broken tackles down field and 6 points.

Coach Killernuts had this to say after the game: " It was a little hectic becoming coach of this team near the end of the season. Everyone was down in the dumps after losing that game to Troy. The looks on the faces of our guys couldn't be more different now. It feels great to get a win against a good team like Ole Miss. Great job to all of our players. Next season we plan to switch to a spread style attack. We kept it on the ground more than I'd like to in our last several games of the regular season because that's the playbook our guys were used to. With all the time to prepare for this game, we focused on getting this passing attack going. The defense played poorly... we might make some changes in our scheme."

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I am going out on a limb, 133 points is the most combined points in one game in Legacy history. :)

19. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

At least it got better in the 2nd half.

I was thinking that both teams might end up getting near 100. =/

20. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Texas A&M 13
    Florida State 30

Florida State completes the perfect season and gives Coach Ceewo my first career National Championship at Tradition Sports.

This game matched a pair of Heisman finalist in A&M Freshman QB Christian Stone and FSU HB Brendan Marks. Both had decent games, but were not spectacular. The Seminoles won this game because of solid play from EJ Manuel and a great effort by the defense. We jumped out to a 10-0 lead in the first quarter. Marks had the TD on a 2 yard rush up the middle. There was no scoring in the 2nd quarter. FSU recieved the opening kickoff of the 2nd half and proceeded to run a 4 minute drive that was capped off with a 22 yard TD pass to Willie Haulstead. The Aggies would fight back and finally get on the board late in the 3rd when HB Christine(really?) Michael powered in a 1 yard TD dive. On the ensueing kickoff, Senior HB Chris Thompson returned the kick 97 yards for a TD. This ended any chance the Aggies had of a comeback.

We really didnt expect a season like this with all of the young guys. We had replaced our entire staring Oline and LB crew. EJ Manuel, often critized his junior year, had a heck of a year and managed our offense better than I would have ever hoped. I hate to see him graduate. DE Chris Bush was a monster defensively all year and added 2 more sacks this game.

Key Stats:
    QB EJ Manuel 10/13 168 yards 1TD
    HB Brendan Marks 121 total yards 1TD
    DE Chris Bush 7 tackles 3TFL 2sacks
    FS Nick Moody 7tackles 1TFL 1INT
    CB LeMarus Joyner 5tackles 3deflections
    CB Mike Harris 9tackles 1TFL .5sacks
    DT Jacobbi McDaniel 6tackles 1TFL 1.5sacks

21. Hova

I had about 120is total vs Notre Dame this season.

Congrats Ceewo!!

22. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

#17 Texas 41
    #25 LSU 3

Texas Hooks the Bayou Bengals in the 2013 Cotton Bowl Classic

Texas could do no wrong in front of a capacity crowd (mostly wearing burnt orange) in Arlington, TX. After the teams exchanged field goals in the 1st quarter it looked like we were in for a classic matchup. Texas QB Garrett Gilbert had other plans. He struck in the second quarter on two TD passes from 7 and 4 yards respectfully. LSU could not get any offense going getting out gained 463 to 280 yards over the course of the game, including only 34 rushing yards. Zac Stacy was non-existent with 33 rushing yards.

The second half started with a 3 and out for LSU, and then a 52 yard strike from Gilbert to Vernon Humphrey for a TD to make it 24-3. LSU, led by Matt McDaniel's arm, stormed down the field, in what looked like a drive that could swing the momentum back to the Tigers. McDaniel was stuffed on a sneak from the one inch line on a controversial play, which was challenged by Coach dukebball632, but not overturned.

The flood gates opened for UT after this. Humphrey recovered a fumbled pitch on a 3rd & 8 from the 2 yard line, and ran the broken play for a 98 yard touchdown, which finished the Tigers. Humphrey finished with 172 totals yards and 2 TDs. Gilbert threw another TD pass to finish with 278 passing yards, completing 23 passes out of 27 attempts, and 4 TDs.

It was a disappointing start for Coach dukebball632, who has been hired after the firing of Les Miles. "We were not prepared and I take full responsibility for that. It was an embarrassing performance. We didn't run the ball, we didn't pass the ball, and we didn't play defense. We were beat in every facet of the game. I believe the team is capable of so much more than they have shown today. We've got some time to rest, heal, and focus on a new journey, but I look at this as a setback for the program. We will learn from this loss and look to build on its lessons going into spring ball and next season."

LSU's SID Michael Bonnette announced shortly after the game that all remaining staff members from the Les Miles era had been fired, Coach dukebball632 would be calling the defense next year, and would be hiring a new offensive coordinator.

23. Hova

Rose Bowl
    [​IMG]

#4 USC 42
    #6 Michigan 17

"USC headed to the rose bowl for a classic matchup with the Big Ten Wolverines. Things started off real bad for USC as they saw themselves down 14-0 early. HB Baxter finally got into a groove and sparked the offense with an 80 yard TD run. USC never looked back after that tying the game up with a Barkley to John Lacey connection for 6. The defense would only give up 3 more point and got 3 INTS with 1 pick 6. Baxter had a triumphant return from injury with a 194 yard performance and 4 TDs. Barkley did not have to pass much but he made some key throws and led USC to the Rose Bowl title that he had promised as a Senior. USC will be a much different team next season but hopefully we can keep a few key pieces. GG Suge, great season for Big Blue!"

24. Hova

You may have to get used to our sliders but Texas is the best CPU in the game prolly.

Only Alabama and Miami have bowl games left to play

25. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GG Hova! My offense left the defense on the field too long especially that brain dead INT at the end of the first half. Good news for me is I don't think I graduate but one o-lineman but Roundtree Vincent Smith and my LBs are gone. Let's get some good off season recruits and a boost in prestige for Michigan.