Legacy 2012 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2. Hova

Michigan opens the 2012 campaign with a commitment at the QB position. :4stars:QB Thomas Jones out of MI, has decided to join the wolverines. He looks to be a strong pocket passer with B+ Throw Power and B- Accuracy but will need to develop his D awareness rating.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Disappointing start for the Tigers on the recruiting trail...

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Not a bad start to the recruiting season.

[​IMG]

If you have to fill a need, may as well get the best player at that position. MLB was a position of need and Jenkins was the only :4stars: or :5stars: MLB with Georgia in his top 5.

He doesn't have great size for a MLB at 5'11 232, but he has decent speed (B-) and is a great tackler (B+). Overall he should be a good fit for the 3-4 system employed by Georgia.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm sure you feel better after insta committing a :5stars: CB. I won't say his name to save the surprise... and hopefully have other people waste minutes on him. :)

Update: Yoiu insta committed 3 players in the top 100... STFU :p

6. Wick36

It was a mind game...

I actually had no idea that if you looked online it would tell you who committed (so, this post actually helps me... I can now use this in the future). Usually I don't say the names so people waste time, but if that can be bypassed by going on line, I'm just going to wait and do my week 1 recruiting 20 minutes before the advance deadline from now on, lmao.

Grats on the 5 star MLB by the way... that means you're letting Ted Richardson go, correct?

7. Wick36

Since brave ruined my fun...

LSU signs 4 prospects, leaving 8 remaining regular season scholarships.

Both the #2 and #3 cornerbacks signed with the Tigers.
    Also got signatures from a 4 star DE and a 4 star WR.

The defensive end has decent size at 250 lbs and is pretty solid all around. He generally fits the archetype of what I want from my RE. Would really love to sign the #3 DE to play LE. If I sign the #1 DE, this player may move to DT.

The WR has good size at 6'5" and again is pretty solid all around. He's not blazing with B+ speed/acc, but he's got solid catching/route running and doesn't fumble the ball. Solid possession receiver.

This will be the 2nd consecutive year (3rd for the program) with 2 solid corner back commits. They may need to wait a couple years to see the field, but these two will certainly be a deadly combination by the time they graduate.

Remaining Priorities:

2 DTs
    1 DE
    1 HB
    1-2 Safeties
    1 OL

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Nope :). Gotta build depth on the LB core.

9. Hova

Recruiting outlook for Michigan does not look as bright as last year, not many 5 stars have us high on their boards and none of them are positions of need. Hoping to find our bread in butter in the 4 stars and under this season.

10. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

USC will be just fine.

I am sure you were all concerned.

11. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

USC opens up the season with three instant :4stars:recruits.

Kyle Barrett - T
    Bill Baker - OLB
    Jarrett Brown - SS who is massive at 6' 6'' and 195 pounds.

12. Wick36

C+ speed. :)

13. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

No worries.

14. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Oregon St updated (signed MLB and CB both are :3stars:)

and i have 22 seniors this year :( next year is going to be tough on the beavs

15. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Iowa gets the insta-commit of :3stars:QB Carlos Keyes in week 2. This does fill a need but Iowa will look to sign one more QB this year.

16. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Still no commits for Notre Dame. I guess everyone agrees that south bend sucks and they would rather play at USC. ;)

17. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Grabbed a :4stars:WR on an instant commit on my first week.

Edit:

His name is Paul Lewis out of California. He's not the greatest for a 4-star but has B+ speed and B- Route Running so he will get open enough to at least drop a pass with his C- catching.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    haha we need to take pride in our 2 or 3 - 4 stars that we might land in a season

19. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Very true.

20. Wick36

I wish my recruiting class wasn't so small this year...

I have 15 guys on my board but can only sign 12...

Definite Needs:
    2 DT
    HB
    2 S

So, other than those spots, I would be left with 3 for the regular season, since none my instants play there... I probably won't get the #1 DE or the #1 FS, so that would leave me with 1 guy to cut if I got everyone else. Rambling...

As long as I get the #1 HB and the #2 OLB I'll be pretty happy.

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Georgia has now signed more :5stars: players this season (2) than all of last season (1).

The latest signing is another addition to the defense.

[​IMG]

He will probably end up at CB, since he doesn't have tackling skills to play at safety.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Georgia's recruiting is on fire this season, despite having no visits till week 6. This week's signing gives Georgia 3 players in the ESPN 150 in the first 5 weeks of the recruiting year.

[​IMG]

Bradley is slow for a WR but he should be a solid slot receiver for this team. He should be making weekly appearances on SportsCenter with a B+ spectacular catch rating.

23. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Oregon signs the #2 DE in the country after a rivalry win against Washington. Jeff Berry is the second DE the Ducks brought on board in this recruiting class. He will team up with Brandon Medlock to make a pretty good 1-2 punch for the future.

[​IMG]

With this victory, Oregon also picked up 5 soft commitments.

24. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

USC gets there 2nd 5 star recruit. The number 3 halfback set to continue the USC RB tradition.

25. Wick36

A little bit disappointed that I didn't get that 4 star DT.

Missed out on that sick FS to bravejaf, but that's not too upsetting because I didn't start going after him until week 3. Should've scheduled the visit for week 6 instead of 7 and I might've had a better chance. ;)

Anyway, signed 3 recruits.

#2 OLB Ted Richardson - This guy's huge at 6'7" 237. He's got pretty good speed (B) and is great in coverage (B, B-). He's all around solid, with decent moves, strength, and tackling. In 4 years, there's a good chance that I will have 2 6'7" linebackers and a 6'7" safety starting. I'm just going to run cover 3 every play and watch these ass holes knock down passes that were supposed to go 35 yards down field. ;)

#1 DE Charles Davis - I stole this guy from right under Oklahoma's nose. He is definitely a run stopping DE and might actually get moved over to DT depending on what happens during the offseason. He's not real fast, but gets up to top speed fairly quickly. He's quite strong and is a very good tackler who hits hard. His pass rush moves are also pretty good. He's actually capable in zone coverage, which may allow for him to be featured in some zone blitzes.

#2 DT Tye Abrams - He won't make many plays on the outside, but this big guy is great at clogging the middle. It might be about two years before this guy gets to play, but that will give him some time to bulk up even more and become even more dominant. Playing nose tackle, he may not make a ton of plays, but his presence will be felt on the field.