Legacy 2012 Season Kickoff

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy 2012 Season Kickoff

We are now advanced to Week 1. Everybody needs to respond to the Playbook thread if you have no already AND get your recruiting and summary threads up. We will not advance again until this is done. I will start updating everyone's team history threads this week. It will help if you post what school/ncaa records you have broken in your own threads.

KzooBlue we had a sub take over for you so you are all set, he did your offseason and preseason.

Games of the Week:

#7 Texas @ #10 Penn St (BraveJaf)
    #12 Auburn (DJ391) @ #13 Cincinnati

Next ADV will be no later than monday at noon EST. UCLA should be back and able to play Sunday night.

2. Hova

Baxter number 1 on the Heisman list and not starting lol He may see more time then I thought though... He is looking good after progression. 2 Headed monster in the USC backfield.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

3 instant commits in week 1 so I can't complain. The 2:4stars: recruits looks pretty good and both fill the same need. The :3stars: has some work to do but he also fills that same need. I will post more info later, have to start getting ready for work.

4. Hova

DOUBLE OVERTIME FINAL

#2 USC 54
    Notre Dame 51

Holyyy Shit!! What a Game! Well we found out at USC that we cannot play defense, atleast agaisnt Notre Dame. We also cannot run the ball. HB Vickers gets his FIRST HANDOFF of his career and BAM strained back goes down for 4 Weeks. HB Baxter found himself starting once again and... played terrible. He had 2 costly fumbles on the day and only getting 44 yards on 13 attempts. QB Dayne Crist of Notre Dame was COMPLETELY unstoppable, he would run, pass, and dominate his way to the endzone every possession. USC found themselves down 17-0 early. That is when we decided to abandon the running game, get out WRs out on the field and let Barkley do his thing, and did he ever. He led 3 straight scoring drives to get within 7. The WRs were making huge plays all game long and Barkley was lights out. The game would continue to be a massive shootout where neither team could play defense. Barkley was spreading the ball around to 7 different WRs. USC found themselves down 14 once again with 4 minutes left. Barkley threw yet another TD and we got a stop on defense. We tied it up again and of course Notre Dame scores with 1 minute left. We would then march down the field and score in 3 plays to tie the game. The defense would hold Crist AMAZINGLY and send us to OT. The first OT were two FG exchanges. Notre Dame would then take the ball and score another FG. The defense played admirably in OT after getting scorched all game. USC would then take the ball and get to 3rd and 10 on the 15. QB Matt Barkley stepped back, and threw a rocket over the Middle to a Wide open Brice Butler for the game winning TD. The Trojans went nuts and won the Rivalry Game over the Irish!

Matt Barkley shattered every significant passing record at USC with this Heisman performance:

QB Matt Barkley 219.2 Rating, 26/47, 666 Yards, 7 Tds, 1 INT

WR Brice Butler led the team with 169 yards on 9 catches and 2 TDs including the game winner.

Notre Dame had Two 100 yard rushers with 3 TDs total. Crist also had 4 TDs himself. SS Starling missed most of the game with injury and Vickers goes down for 4 Weeks. Not the start USC was expecting but we will take the W!

5. Hova

The Game Winning play can be seen on dynasty wire. USC heads home next week to host the Iowa Hawkeyes in conference challenge.

6. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

aye HOUSTON WE HAVE A RESTART. YOU ARE ONLINE SCORE WAS 0-0 I KEEP INVITING YOU TO A PARTY, BUT IT SAID MY DISC WAS NOT CLEAN BEFORE KICKOFF AND ALL, SO UM IDK IF YOU SAW IT OR NOT COMMISH but your on

7. Hova

I didn't see anything but you on dashboard as soon as you started inviting me

8. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    6 6 6 passing yards that's a bad omen for the season. Beware.

Sorry Halloween is around tge corner.

9. Hova

LOL Ya piled on top off the facts that I lost Vickers and my defense gave up 600 yards of offense... Not a good look

10. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

ya because as soon as that came up and i hit the button to invite you to the party it exits the game, i was in recruiting then did my play book went to the game and it said that the disc was dirty, and i tried inviting you immediately since your the only one on besides abolish

11. Hova

Sounds like a load of shit, go ahead and replay it. I'd solve that disc issue ASAP. I've never had that happen in my life

12. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

A load of shit?? wowwww ok, maybe you shoulda accepted my invite way before i even started my game, dk how you want me to prove shit, mine does it all the time even with a clean ass disc, need a new 360 but no worries i burned it to my hard drive, couldnt before, but load of shit okkkkkkkkkkkk

13. Hova

I just said you can replay it therefore proof would not be required this time

14. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Hey Hova,

Thanks a lot for doing all of that. I was really stressed out with two exams on Thursday and then getting up North in time for things. I am very grateful.

I will get my game in Sunday night.

Glad I have Kevin Prince sticking around (even though I may have a better QB at my disposal as a sophomore) and I hope at least some of my recruits are looking good.

15. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn- 42
    Cinci- 30

This one was a back and forth shootout for a while but the tigers Mia defense finally decided to show up in the 2nd half to hold the Bearcats to just 9 points as the offense continued to move at will all game. The Bearcats benefited from great field position all game long as the Tigers were reduced to using their FB at Kicker (sad i know). But as I said the offense was on point all day behind new QB Clint Moseley who was an absolute beast on the day finishing with a 221.1 QB rating going 15-20 for 230 yards with 3 TDs and NOOOO picks!!! Dyer coming off a season ending injury that derailed his heisman hopes last year came back strong as ever running the ball 40 times for 318 yards scoring 3 TDs.

Coach Dj after the game: "We have things we need to work on Defense wise obviously mainly i would say the run, the pass is fine like last year. But we cant allow the big gashes we allowed today. The offense was much better than expected, were implimenting a new system behind a pocket passer and i expected to have more of a hiccup in the pass game. But this guy is really accurate and he has the arm to make all the throws. Im very excited to see how our season will progress, now that we have an actual Qb that can deliver the ball. Not knocking Newton but Moseley is lightyears ahead of him throwing wise. Dyer was amazing as usual and thats what really excites me about this offense, you dont know whats coming at you and if we can sustain doing both efficiently like this then LOOK OUT WORLD!!!"

16. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Tulane 14
    #25 Georgia 42

The Georgia defense made Tulane's QB look like Joe Montana in the first half and every player on the Tulane roster broke 2-4 tackles per play and was able to convert multiple 4th downs. UGA only led 21-14 at the half. The defense calmed down to pitch a second half shutout. Aaron Murray had a good game, going 15-17 for 287 yards and a TD. The Georgia rushing attack punched in 5 TDs.

17. abolishthefed

Hova, you're killing me with this schedule. Only 5 home games and only 2 of those come before November. This is going to make recruiting difficult, since 1 of those home games was week 1 when visits could not be scheduled.

18. Hova

lol I only gave you 1 user road game, It's not my fault your first 3 conference schedule games are on the road and ALL of your user conference games are on the road. And hey somebody has to end that 65 game Home Winning streak of Boise's (y)

19. abolishthefed

That damn neutral site Florida game that I hate is killing me. Even if I'm slated as the home team their fans are louder and my QB gets rattled. I'm beginning to hate Urban Cryer and his jort-clad fans and I don't even like any SEC teams in real life.

20. Hova

lmao Florida should be toned down some this year, not even ranked in the top 25

21. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Man, I start off with two away users back to back, one of them being you Hova? Christ haha.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My back-to-back bye weeks may come in handy next week since I'll be moving. It depends on how quick we advance as we might be in week 5 by time I actually move, but either way I should still be able to play my game. Just moving about 15 minutes away. Internet connection should already be setup by time I get there.

23. Hova

Ya that would be conference challenge and Pac-10 and SEC has home-field advantage this year :D

24. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 56
    BYU - 14

Alabama blows out BYU After a Slow Start

Alabama won the toss and defered until the 2nd half. BYU responded by taking the opening drive 89 on 17 plays for the score. Alabama then tighted up on defense, allowing only 95 yards the rest of the game. BYU kept the Crimson Tide off the scoreboard until the 2nd quarter. They scored 21 to take a 21-7 lead at the half. The Crimson Tide then come out of halftime flat. They were finally able to score with :21 seconds remaining in the 3rd quarter. The offense began to click again in the 4th when Alabama scored 28.

A.J. McCarron led the way for the offense. He was 16 for 19 for 232 yards and 3 TDs. Unfortunately, he was sacked 4 times. He also ran for 31 yards on 10 carries and 1 TD. Trent Richardson was able to rush for 118 yards on 16 carries with 2 TDs. True freshman Joe Golden made it into the game late and was able to score his first touchdown. He ran for 30 yards on 5 carries. Another true freshman who made an impact was wide receiver Matt Miles. He caught 5 balls for 95 yards and returned 5 punts for 73 yards.

The defense was led by two defensive tackles. Senior Kerry Murphy had 8 tackles (3 TFL) and sophomore Brandon Ivory had 3 tackles (2 TFL) with 2 sacks. Junior Tana Patrick helped out with 6 tackles (2 TFL) and 1 sack.

Alabama will next host Florida State.

25. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oregon- 38
    Utah- 20

The Ducks start off their 2012 campaign with a win over Utah. Barner had 180yds 2 TD on the ground and Thomas threw for196yds 2 TD, but more importantly no INT's. Oregon's pass defense has some major holes as they gave up 355yds. Oregon will host Penn State next week.