Legacy 2012 Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in to week 12. Only user game is DJ vs CNIC. DJ said he will be back today but we have heard that before.. Give it till tomorrow night Cnic, if he does not respond by then go ahead and play CPU.

I am having trouble finding interest for our opening, seems like people wanting in leagues has waned WAY down. If you know anybody let me know, I will be getting to you all in PM this week with options.

Game of the Week:

#7 Ohio St @ #25 Iowa (JCSpartan2)

Welcome to Week 12!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #4 Alabama Crimson Tide (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 44-27 against LSU (7-2).
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host Auburn (4-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Scott Henderson has committed to Florida State
    - (****) MLB Justin Gipson has committed to Florida State

=============== Auburn Tigers (4-6) ===============
    Last week, Auburn lost 37-7 against Oregon (8-1).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #4 Alabama Crimson Tide (9-1).

=============== #1 Florida State Seminoles (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 34-0 against Clemson (5-4).
    This week, the Seminoles are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Aaron Holt has committed to Nebraska
    - (***) DT Joey Tyson has committed to Florida State
    - (****) SS Keith Evans has committed to Florida State
    - (****) DT Scott Henderson has committed to Florida State

=============== #8 Georgia Bulldogs (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 38-10 against Ole Miss (7-3).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Vanderbilt (4-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Jason Burns has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (****) HB Joe Wade has committed to Georgia

=============== #25 Iowa Hawkeyes (5-4) ===============
    Last week the Hawkeyes were idle.
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #7 Ohio State (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Aaron Holt has committed to Nebraska
    - (***) HB Andy Clarke has committed to Arizona
    - (***) CB Jonathan McCloud has committed to Iowa
    - (***) CB Marty Lowery has committed to Iowa

=============== #18 Miami Hurricanes (7-2) ===============
    Last week the Hurricanes were idle.
    This week, the Hurricanes will host NC State (2-8).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) K Kevin Everett has committed to Houston
    - (****) MLB Steve Byrd has committed to Florida
    - (****) SS Keith Evans has committed to Florida State
    - (***) RG Antonio Carter has committed to Miami

=============== #10 Michigan Wolverines (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 21-7 against Illinois (3-5).
    This week, the Wolverines will host Northwestern (6-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Isaac Phillips has committed to Michigan

=============== #5 Oregon Ducks (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 37-7 against Auburn (4-6).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Tucson to face the Arizona Wildcats (0-8).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K Anthony Richardson has committed to Oregon

=============== #6 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 27-14 against Wisconsin (4-4).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #17 Minnesota (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Seth Nelson has committed to Penn State

=============== UCLA Bruins (5-4) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 42-25 against Stanford (5-5).
    This week, the Bruins will host Arizona State (5-4).

=============== #3 USC Trojans (9-1) ===============
    Last week, USC won 63-7 against Washington (7-3).
    This week, the Trojans will host Oregon State (2-6).

Stupid Texas AnM has passed me, lets hope Texas can knock them off this week!!

Next ADV will be no later than THURS at 10 am EST

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG] 31
    [​IMG] 35

For the second straight year Northwestern jumps out to an early lead and dominate the Michigan wolverines. Unlike last year, Coach Big Suge Knight is not afraid to pull his starting QB after a rough start. Devin Gardner tosses tow horrific in the first quarter putting his team in bad field position, which lead to 7 of Northwestern's 17 first quarter points. In addition to Gardner's poor play Michgian also saw Terrence Robinson muff a punt which also set up a field goal for Northwestern in the first frame. Tate Forcier entered the game on the first Wolverine possession of the second quarter and marched the team down the field on a 12 yard 79 yard drive which ended in a 1 yard touchdown QB draw play. After a missed FG try by NW, Forcier again orchestrated a 9 play 50 yard drive which ended in an Austin White TD run putting Michigan down by only 10 points. Coach Knight tried to seize control of the momentum but a failed onside kick gave Northwestern excellent field position which they promptly turned into 7 points and a 17 point lead going into the half.

On the third play from scrimmage of the half, Forcier found a streaking Jeremy Gallon who broke free on a fade route for an 86 yard catch and run for a score. Michigan controlled the remainder fo the game as Forcier was forced from the game late in the third quarter for a couple series but, Gardner returned and connected with Roundtree for a 42 yard score which ended up being the game winner. The annual grudge match, The Game, awaits Michigan against the Buckeyes. A win would likely put Michigan in a tie atop the Big Ten with Penn State.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

#18 [​IMG] 38
    [​IMG] 14

Miami sputtered at first but woke up in the second half. They scored 17 point in the 4th quarter to pull away from the Wolfpack and never look back. NC State got very desperate on their final drive, they kept trying to throw to the HB over and over. So finally I took Shayon Green and covered the damn HB and as I suspected the QB threw it straight to him but I jumped in front of it and took it to the house. The coverage on the play was perfect, probably the 3rd time in this game I have ever done that. Miller was a good sub for Johnson (out on season ending injury) as he ran for 2 TDs. Freshmen QB Young had a breakout game as he threw for 362 yards and 2 TDs.

Miami improves to 8-2 (6-2). They head over a state to face the Bulldogs and Coach Bsta next week, a tough test indeed (and that's just trying to get our connections to work).

Stats

J. Young 22/41, 362 yards, 2 TDs , 0 INT

L. Miller 21 Carries, 115 yards, 2 TDs

T. Streeter 9 Rec, 156 yards

D. Johnson 8 rec, 126 yards, TD

S. Green 8 Tackles, 2 TFL, 1 INT, 54 INT yds, TD

A. Samuel 7 Tackles, TFL, 1 Deflection

4. Hova

Tie goes to highest ranked team?

5. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I like those team shields yall are putting up. Where can I get them?

6. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

[​IMG] - 35
    [​IMG] - 21

After a complete shallacking by Stanford, Coach FacePlant City returned from his sick leave and commanded the game in his team's favor.

However, in unusual form, emphasis was highly put on the defense as they stopped a very effective hurry-up offense for most of the second half. The offense actually played below par and had a tough time capitalizing on third downs for most of the game. WR McDonald had a wonderful game as per usual going over 100 yards receiving with Bray delivering accurate passes even with a weak O-line trying to protect him. UCLA now moves to 6-4 on the season trying to remain somewhat impressive in this downer of a season.

Had a weird glitch happen in the game. Punted it a good 50-60 yards and it landed out of bounds in a ASU's hands at about their 20 yard line. The booth reviewed it and the ball was then moved up to MY 20. Made no sense whatsoever. Really weird.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

8. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:

Also check here

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oregon- 45
    Arizona- 14

Oregon dominated Arizona with another balance attack with Barner's 146yds 3 TD on the ground and Thomas's 256yds 3 TD. The Ducks continue to scoreboard watch in hopes of some teams falling as the Oregon faithful still believe they have a small outside chance at the BCS title game.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Shawney Kersey was a little known player on Penn State before the game but the entire state of Minnesota will remember his name. The Nittany Lions' WR shattered the Penn State record for receiving yards in a game with 376. His QB Newsome owes him a steak dinner after this performance, especially since Kersey racked up 242 yards after the catch. Newsome actually didn't play that well in this game but still broke the school record for passing yards with 489 yards. He completed under 50% of his passes and struggled passing the ball to the other receivers. Newsome did throw for 4 TD passes in the game, all to Kersey, and he added a rushing TD. Dukes and Goss racked up 100 yards on the ground and Dukes scored a TD. On the defensive side Penn State's pass coverage gave up some big plays as Marqueis Gray passsed for 268 yards and 2 TD. The run defense also gave up a TD but Minnesota got most of its yards through the air.

Next up for Penn State is another home rivalry game, this time against Michigan State. That match will wrap up the conference schedule but Penn State still has games against Georgia and Virginia Tech before the end of this season.

Penn State 42
    Minnesota 20

Scoring Summary

First Quarter
    01:44 TD Penn State Shawney Kersey WR #81 78 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    00:58 TD Penn State Shawney Kersey WR #81 63 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    Second Quarter
    04:52 TD Penn State Shawney Kersey WR #81 32 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    00:17 TD Minnesota Xzavian Brandon WR #80 38 yard pass from MarQueis Gray QB #5
    Third Quarter
    04:31 TD Penn State Kevin Newsome QB #12 1 yard rush
    02:33 TD Minnesota Lamonte Edwards HB #28 15 yard rush
    Forth Quarter
    06:53 TD Minnesota AJ Baker WR #82 28 yard pass from MarQueis Gray QB #5
    06:01 TD Penn State Curtis Dukes HB #26 2 yard rush
    03:33 TD Penn State Shawney Kersey WR #81 38 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12

11. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Hova - my brother may be interested in the dynasty. I'll have him contact you, if he is.

12. Hova

Alright cool

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

He just joined The Rise as well and he has been good with playing his game and writing summaries.

14. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 57
    Auburn - 27

Alabama turned the ball over 8 times and still won the game. If this would have been a user v. user game there is no way the outcome would have been the same.

My defense was gashed again for 437 total yards. Clint Moseley completed only 3 passes but for 172 yards and 2 touchdowns before he was knocked out of the game with an injury. Auburn superback Michael Dyer was also knocked out of the game after just two carries. His injury is alot more serious than Moseley's. Dyer will be lost for 9 weeks. Alabama was able to record 6 sacks on the day. Cedric added 2 more to his team leading total of 14. Darrington Sentimore also had 2; while Tana Patrick and Kerry Murphy added 1 a piece.

On offense, A.J. McCarron was pulled after throwing 4 picks. He did have 192 yards and 2 TDs. Jamie Ross replaced him and did not fair much better. He completed 6 of his 15 passes for 68 yards and 2 TDs. He also had 2 interceptions. He was able to move the ball on the ground with 88 yards on 5 carries and 1 TD. Damon McKenzie led the receivers with 7 catches for 106 yards and 3 TDs.

Alabama will next host Oklahoma before facing Georgia in the SEC Championship game.​

15. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Virginia Tech - 48
    Virginia - 0

The Hokies came back strong today, following a devastating loss to Troy last week, dominating in every facet of the game.

On offense, Juju Clayton completed 14 of his 19 passes for 249 and 4 TDs. His accuracy was absolutely stellar today. Xavier Boyce was his favorite target, reeling in 6 passes for 109 yards and 2 TDs. Tight End Jerome Lewis had a tough day, dropping 2 of the 3 balls thrown to him. The Virginia Tech ground game was quite effective. David Wilson averaged over 6 YPC and Tony Gregory averaged just under 4 while he ran out the clock.

The Virginia Tech defense did not allow a point. What makes this even more impressive is how they did it. The Cavaliers were held to 104 yards of total offense. The front seven allowed only 9 rushing yards. Strong Safety Nick Dew performed extremely well, recording 7 solo tackles, 2 sacks, and a forced fumble.

Even the Special Teams pitched in. Star kicker Justin Myer had 2 FGs and David Wilson returned a punt for a TD.

Virginia Tech will host #10 Michigan in Week 14. The Hokies and their chicken mascot will need another strong performance if they want to win.

16. Hova

Just Iowa and Georgia left I think? Plus me.. I will play once the tornado sirens stop going off here lol

17. Hova

#3 USC 21
    Oregon St 16

"USC is almost upset in this one but pull it out late thanks to solid running and an efficient game by Matt Barkley who threw for 260 YDS and a TD. HB Vickers added 102 yds and a TD as well. USC goes on BYE next week and can only hope Texas knocks off AnM to give us a chance at the title game if we can get past UCLA in 2 weeks at home."

18. abolishthefed

I should have mine done by 9 PM.

19. Hova

alright, I will pry be knocked out by then I will advance at 2am or 9am tomorrow

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

So tell me how Georgia Tech is ahead of me in the Coastal...when I beat them and we have the same conference record..

21. abolishthefed

Vanderbilt 21
    #8 Georgia 38

Vanderbilt won the toss and elected to kick off. Georgia followed up by driving 77 yards in 10 plays. Vandy fumbled on its next possession and Georgia scored quickly to take a 14-0 lead. The offense was pretty balanced. Jr WR Marlon Brown had his best game of the season, catching 8 balls for 155 yards.