Legacy 2012 Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 3. Three user games this week.

Game of the Week:

#15 Washington ( Raidernation ) @ #2 Michigan St ( Gngsta4Lyphe )

Next ADV no later than FRI at 8 PM EST

2. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

3. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

when is good?

4. Raidernation

1230 ...... maybe a little afterwards

5. Brandon S.

lets make it happen. See you in 30

6. Brandon S.

LGPAC.PNG

This game was dominated by Sparty's defense, forcing 5 interceptions and putting this game out of reach early on. Newberry played well enough to win, throwing a touchdown and interception. Nothing really outstanding on offense, as Washington did shut down most of Spartys offense. It was the defense that made this game get out of hand, setting up the offense with excellent field position. Blankenship ran for 92 yards and a touchdown off of 25 carries. SS Burks is the player of the game here, with 2 INT and a FF. GG Raidernation this game was a defensive battle, my defense just scored points.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Raidernation

Yeah I was too tired to give a shit... I think I broke my Y button that game. You played a clean one GG.

8. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

#11 Colorado gets a big win on the road this week in North Carolina against the #13 Tar Heels. This game started out pretty ugly for Colorado as they didn't know how to slow down the Tar Heel no-huddle offense, let alone stop it.

UNC jumped out to a 10-0 lead by midway through the second quarter with a very effecient offensive showing. After the FG put them up 10 the Buffaloes struck quickly, QB Justin Jackson hit WR Bruce Vandermeulen on a 75 yard TD bomb against single safety coverage to cut the lead to 10-7 midway through the second quarter. Colorado ended up getting the ball back with less than a minute left in the half and backed up deep on their own 10. Jackson again stepped up with a big throw, hitting WR Matt Brown on a post from the slot, Brown did the rest and out ran the two or three guys around him for the 90 yard TD reception and a 14-10 lead at the half for Colorado.

The third quarter was pretty tough with only Colorado scoring any points, a 23 yard FG with 2:45 left in the quarter. That FG was set up by another 60+ yard reception by Vandermeulen. With the score 17-10 going into the fourth quarter we knew this game was far from over. The Buffaloes got into the end zone early (6:16) on a two yard TD run by HB Donta Abron to put the lead at 24-10. Colorado would get another score, this time a 24 yard FG to extend the lead to 17 points at 27-10 with 2:57 left in the game. North Carolina wasn't done and engineered a great drive that ended in a 12 yard TD pass with 0:52 left and cut the lead to 27-17. The Tar Heels then kicked and recovered the onside kick. They quickly moved down the field but settled for the 26 yard FG knowing they needed two scores. Now down 27-20 they lined up for another onside attempt. The Buffaloes recovered this time and were able to run out the clock to seal the win.

The UNC offense just didn't put it all together this week and repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. Four dropped passess, including a TD and a fourth down conversion, plus the three interceptions most or all of them in the red zone, and a FG that went off the uprights all kept points off the board one way or another. Colorado went to the red zone 3 times this game and came out with 3 scores (1 TD, 2 FG) while North Carolina went 7 times and also came out with 3 scores ( 2 TD, 1 FG). North Carolina also shut down the Colorado running game, both the option threat and the regular stuff. If it weren't for the big plays down the field and the turnovers created by the defense this game would have gone the other way.

GG gwill.

9. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

PSU 24

#19 UVA 21

PSU welcomed the 19th ranked Cavaliers to Beaver Stadium for ACC B1G show down. This turned out to be a defensive battle as both team were held under 300yrds of total offense. HB Nick Manning would open up the scoring on PSU's second possession with a 60yrd TD run in the 1st quarter. Both teams would exchange punts before UVA would get on the board with a Carl Fields 21yrd TD pass. The defense’s would take over and force the coaches to play field possession in a tight game. PSU would get off a bad punt which UVA would take advantage of and drive into scoring position. Carl Fields would then attempt to hit is WR in the flat but CB Bryan Fraser would jump the pass and take it in for 6. PSU would intercept Fields again before the half but would not be able to put points on the board. The second half would again start off with both team exchanging punts with UVA having the field advantage. UVA would score on its second possession of the half on a Fields keeper on the zone read. Tied at 14 UVA looked to take control but Nick Manning would hit on an 83yrd TD to Lance Simpson to answer the UVA TD. Up 7 the PSU D would force UVA to punt on its next series and put together a drive. UVA would then get a sack by the Nation’s leading tackler OLB Ryan Williams to force PSU into a 3rd and long. PSU then decided to get into FG range instead of going for the 1st since points were at a premium. Nick White found his TE over the middle and came up two yrds short. PSU ran the FG team out on the field for a 56yrd attempt. The kick would be true as Terrence Brown sneaked the ball over the cross bar. Up 10 with a little over 5 mins left UVA would have to go no huddle to get points on the board fast. That is exactly what Fields would do as he used his arm and legs to drive down the field and cap it off with a 5yrd TD pass. PSU would have to grind out a couple 1st downs to try and close out the game. PSU would get one first down and force UVA to use it TO's. On third down UVA would hold HB Nick Manning short of the first and force a 4th and 2 and Coach Chase to make a decision to either got for it, try a 59 FG, or punt. PSU would punt and make UVA go the distance with out and TO's. It started off bad as the punter would kick it into the end zone instead of pinning UVA deep. UVA would come out and Fields would begin to drive the field. PSU would then force two incompletions and no gain on a run. Forced to go for it on 4th and 10 Fields would find an open WR on a comeback and appear to have the first. The WR tried to turn and run before he caught the ball and dropped the pass. This was the second costly drop in the game as UVA had another on a 3 and 10 that would have been a big gainer. PSU would take over on downs and kneel out the clock. Looking at the Stat sheet alone you would think UVA won going away. They dominated almost every category except for turnovers which ended beginning the one that cost them.

GG Dean Evans what a defensive battle. The drops killed you more than the pick 6.

PSU Players of note

HB Nick Manning 17att 91yrds 1td

WR Lance Simpson 3rec 110yrds 1td

CB Bryan Fraser 2tkl 2int 1td

• Like Like x 1
  10. Raidernation

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Game Footage​

11. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

1 third down conversion and still got the win - wow!