Legacy 2012 Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 4. 3 more user games so get those threads up.

Game of the Week:

#22 Washington (Wick36) @ #24 Michigan St (PIG BOMB)

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Maryland Terrapins (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Maryland won 27-24 against Duke (1-2).
    This week, the Terrapins will host Colorado (2-1).

=============== #22 Washington Huskies (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Washington won 31-10 against Arizona State (0-3).
    This week, the Huskies travel to East Lansing to face the #24 Michigan State Spartans (1-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) TE Ron Prince has committed to LSU

=============== Arizona State Sun Devils (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State lost 31-10 against Washington (3-0).
    This week, the Sun Devils will host Utah (3-0).

=============== UCLA Bruins (1-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 30-27 against Illinois (1-2).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (1-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) CB Wallace Jackson has committed to UCLA
    - (***) HB Damion Smith has committed to Cal

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Illinois lost 30-27 against UCLA (1-2).
    This week, the Fighting Illini will host Iowa (2-1).

=============== #24 Michigan State Spartans (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Michigan State won 24-17 against North Carolina (2-1).
    This week, the Spartans will host #22 Washington (3-0).

=============== Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia Tech lost 41-31 against Virginia (2-1).
    This week, the Yellow Jackets are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Cedric Mitchell has committed to Notre Dame

=============== Colorado Buffaloes (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Colorado lost 33-31 against Cal (2-1).
    This week, the Buffaloes travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (3-0).

=============== Northwestern Wildcats (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Northwestern won 41-20 against Akron (0-3).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to College Station to face the Texas A&M Aggies (3-0).

=============== Virginia Cavaliers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia won 41-31 against Georgia Tech (2-1).
    This week, the Cavaliers travel to Fort Worth to face the #9 TCU Horned Frogs (2-0).

=============== North Carolina Tar Heels (2-1) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina lost 24-17 against Michigan State (1-2).
    This week, the Tar Heels are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Carl Everett has committed to North Carolina

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 56-35 against Wisconsin (3-0).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (1-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Chris McKinney has committed to Iowa

Next ADV no later than MON at 10 am EST

2. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Crap, now I have to play undefeated Utah @ 95 overall. The fans are going to run me out of town. Also, still 0 recruits signed. Ouch.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

PIG BOMB , Good Luck against Washington.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The battle of the ranked teams.

5. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

sorry i did not put up a battle Wick - even the right playbook wouldn't have helped today - you are just playing much better than me right now for sure - good luck the rest of the way

6. Wick36

Washington - 31
    Michigan State - 15

This matchup of top 25 teams ended with Washington moving to 4-0 on the season. Price was 15/21 for 256 yards, a TD, and an INT. James Johnson was the man once again, with 6 catches for 79 yards and a TD. The running game struggled big time, but Price was able to pick up some good yards on the ground with the read option as the Michigan State ends rarely stayed home. He had 41 yards (including 2 sacks) and a TD. Callier and Sankey combined for a miserable 13 yards on 12 carries. Defense won the game for the Huskies. After giving up a few big plays and missing quite a few tackles on the first drive and allowing a TD, they settled down and kept Sparty off of the scoreboard until very late in the fourth. They did a very good job of keeping Michigan State's QBs off balance, keeping their completion percentage under 60%, forced 4 INTs, and came up with 5 sacks, which caused 3 fumbles of which 2 were recovered. The Huskies did a fine job of stopping a talented Spartan run game, giving Bell 32 yards on 8 carries. Near the end, the Spartans were able to put together a second full drive and got it into the end zone, but were unable to recover the first onside they'd need for the comeback, allowing the Huskies to knee it out.

gg PIG BOMB

Next week Washington has a bye week, followed by conference games against powerhouses Oregon and USC. These will be the first games for Washington against teams with winning records and should show whether this team is for real.

7. abolishthefed

Utah 35
    Ariz St 0

Utah was 11-13 on 3rd down, with one of those failures being a kneel down in the 4th quarter. On offense, ASU had less than 50 yards through 3 quarters.

8. Hova

Jeeesh. Are they that bad?

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Sounds like my game with Illinois against Oklahoma State

10. abolishthefed

I'm not sure if they are or I am. These sliders basically make the computer defensive players unblockable and on defense my team gets pancaked every play. On the bright side, I've only thrown 5 INT in 110 pass attempts.

11. Hova

Weird. Ive had a dismal running game but my players suck in that area. I have not seen dominant cpu offense but maybe that will come vs the way better teams I play later

12. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

my run game is a horror show -even not sprinting doesn't help apparently - i hand the ball off and usually get pounded immediatey
    in practice exhibition games i stopped sprinting and my run game is awesome - not sure what is going on in the dynasty

also despite having a really good o-line and good RB's we have ZERO rushing TD's except for QB sneak here in week 4
    we are in week 4 and we don"t have 100 yards rushing TOTAL

this week somehow my playbook was set to default and not Kansas which is what i switched to, so I could not see all my hard work in practice and game plan in effect this week- however again we rushed for 30 yards and just got murdered

13. Wick36

Sliders won't help anything with user games, so you may need another game for the practice to be completely relevant.

My running game hasn't been anything special, but I think a lot of that is trying to run out of passing formations and running more at the end of games when it's obvious I am going to run.

14. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

Virginia 17
    TCU 14

[​IMG]
    After allowing nearly 40 points a game our first three games, we knew it would take a much better effort on the road at #9 TCU to get us a W. We came out and forced a couple early punts and our offensive drives stalling just across TCU's 50.. With 2:46 left in the first quarter TCU's SS Sam Carter returned a fumble 42 yards to the house to give the Horned Frogs a 7-0 lead. ​
    The second quarter we continued to force punts as our defense was playing very solid football. After those stalled drives in the first, we finally punch the ball in the endzone on a 5 yard run from Perry Jones. Toward the end of the half our defense forced an interception which gave us great field position. We were only able to tack on 3 points but we had the lead going into the half 10-7. ​
    The second half remained a defensive battle just like the first was. Both offenses really struggled in the 3rd until the TCU's offense finally punched in a 4 yard QB run with 29 seconds left. ​
    The fourth quarter was another display of great defense from both teams. TCU forced its second HUGE fumble of the game when Perry Jones was inside their 10 yard line with under 3 minutes to play. The Cavaliers were able to stop TCU one final time getting the ball with under 2 minutes to play. Michael Rocco lead a great two minute drill and our FB Zachery Swanson dove in from the 1 and took the lead 17-14 with 45 seconds to play. TCU had no magic left on offense and relinquished their first loss of the season.​
    Offensive Player of the Game: Michael Rocco 14-26 201 yards and 1 INT​
    Defensive Player of the Game: Rijo Walker 3 tackles and 1 INT​
    Next week we return home after a two game road trip to play Louisiana Tech.. 13 recruits will be in attendance as well including: Patrick Holland the #2 ATH in the Nation..​

• Like Like x 1
  15. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

HovaTheGodMC

all wrapped up and ready to advance now - can't wait to see my recruiting heartbreak

16. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Iowa: 7
    Illinois: 14

Iowa RB's couldn't run to save their lives and the passing game suffered from poor decisions and key drops en route to taking a 14-7 division loss to Illinois. The Iowa defense did everything they could to keep the game close and Iowa actually had a decent chance to tie the game with the ball inside the 30 with around 30 seconds to play, but an overthrow of a WIDE open WR that would have been a TD coupled with some nice defensive stops by Illinois was too much to overcome. Iowa falls to 1-2 in the division and needing to win out in the conference to have any chance at a BIG10 title.

17. Hova

Ill be advancing around 9pm est