Legacy 2012 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy 2012 Week 5

We are now into Week 5, 2 user games this week so get those scheduled. Keep up the summaries and quick pace!

Game of the Week:

#5 Alabama (Cnic75) @ #2 USC (HovathegodMC)

Welcome to Week 5!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #5 Alabama Crimson Tide (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 34-14 against Arkansas (1-2).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Los Angeles to face the #2 USC Trojans (3-0).

=============== #7 Auburn Tigers (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Auburn won 49-28 against Ole Miss (3-1).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Starkville to face the Mississippi State Bulldogs (0-2).

=============== #3 Florida State Seminoles (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 21-17 against Iowa (1-2).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Miami to face the Miami Hurricanes (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Jason Brown has committed to Florida State

=============== #18 Georgia Bulldogs (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 23-0 against Kentucky (2-2).
    This week, the Bulldogs are idle.

=============== #20 Iowa Hawkeyes (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 21-17 against Florida State (4-0).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Wisconsin (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FB Mike Mills has committed to Cal

=============== Miami Hurricanes (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 14-7 against Michigan (2-1).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host #3 Florida State (4-0).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 14-7 against Miami (2-1).
    This week, the Wolverines are idle.

=============== #1 Oregon Ducks (3-0) ===============
    Last week the Ducks were idle.
    This week, the Ducks travel to Stanford to face the #9 Stanford Cardinal (4-0).

=============== #11 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-1) ===============
    Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Illinois (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Lawrence Richard has committed to Penn State

=============== UCLA Bruins (1-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 45-14 against Oregon State (0-3).
    This week, the Bruins will host #12 Cal (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FB Mike Mills has committed to Cal

=============== #2 USC Trojans (3-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 52-7 against Washington State (2-2).
    This week, the Trojans will host #5 Alabama (2-1).

=============== #13 Virginia Tech Hokies (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Hokies were idle.
    This week, the Hokies will host Duke (1-2).

Next ADV will be no later than Monday @ 1 PM EST.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Woohoo, CB did not commit. Hopefully he really likes his trip to Happy Valley when I lay 70 on Illinois :).

3. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

UCLA - 27
    #12 CAL - 10

UCLA is back to being a prideful program after losing their first two games of the season. The Bruins came in confident and a made a statement on the opening drive by preventing the Cal offense from scoring in the red zone. However, due to offensive woes and attempting to get a run game going, Cal would manage to get the ball back many times in the first half and be up 10-0 for the majority. However, UCLA had different plans.

The Bruins abandoned the running game and let sophomore phenom UCLA QB Byron Bray destroy the weak Cal secondary. Bray went 25-35 for 436 yards and 3 TDs (with one ridiculously stupid INT) and pretty much created most of the offense.

The WR corp for UCLA was under much scrutiny in their first game as they had managed to drop far too many passes. Though, many did not realize that 2/3 of the top WRs are sophomores and are still in the learning process. They showed today that they are now turning into impact WRs and will be dominant for more seasons to come (especially if :5stars: recruit WR Schroeder commits) as sophomore WR Tevin McDonald nearly went for 200 yards and 2 TDs.

While the offense looked spectacular, the run defense looked horrible and gave up over 150 yards to Cal's star running back and they will look to improve against a tough Arizona team next week.

4. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Also: Happy to say that I am not the last effing person to get their game in. I am proud.

5. Hova

You mean 65 ;)

6. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

HAHA, busted :)

7. Hova

I'm really not excited about any of the 5stars aside from the CB that will pry go to Va Tech. I do need a TE and a DT though so those would be nice, as for Greg Fields I am just signing him to piss everyone off

8. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

That CB from VA pissed me off. I had the lead going into week 3, got an A on the recruit visit and was behind -440 starting week 4. :mad:

9. Hova

lol damn, VA Tech must be feeding him the goods. I don't know why I possibly may have 3 scrambling QBs on my roster when I don't really like them, I bet if I get that 4 star QB from TN he will end of being the USC QB of the future.

10. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

FSU 27
    Miami 24

The first half it seemed as if both teams were playing ball control and there were not many possessions to be had. Miami had a Storm Johnson rushing TD and a FG. FSU had a Brendan Marks TD and a FG to make the score 10-10 at the half.

FSU scored an early 4th quarter TD when EJ Manuel audibled and hit Willie Haulstead on a 33 yard pass to put FSU up by 10. Miami answered back quickly to pull to within 3. On FSU's next possession speed back Chris Thompson broke a 58 yard TD run. Miami scored a late TD, but did not recover the onside kick.

Great Game Masler.

Key stats:
    QB EJ Manuel 13-18 201 yards 1TD
    HB Chris Thompson 86 yards 1TD
    WR Willie Haulstead 6-88 1TD
    LB Jeff Luc 9 tackles
    LB Telvin Smith 7 tackles 1 sack

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yea good game Ceewo, I was pleased that my freshmen QB played so well, starting to smooth out those edges I think

12. Hova

Bama 45
    USC 21

USC gets completely destroyed by HB Richardson who could not be stopped on any play the whole game if he did not break the tackle he would fall 5 yards forward. USC fumbled about 5 times and were down 21-0 instantly. Had no chance the whole game, I tried every formation in my playbook, I blitzed 11, I run committed RIGHT where he was running and he would go all the way everytime, never seen anything like it, Richardson has 213 yards and 3 TDs and averaged close to 9 yds a carry. GG Cnic, nobody should lose to you if he can run like that consistently!

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will be able to play my game at some point tomorrow. I got most of my shit moved into new apartment and now I just need to run a cable from modem to my room.

14. Hova

We still got about 4 games left, let's get those in guy, advance is on monday

15. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Will be playing tonight, been out of town all weekend for the MSU/scUM game. Go Green!!!

16. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

That was a great game. Nothing like watching scUM lose in the Big Outhouse.

17. Hova

Agreed, whooped em

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Kevin Newsome got some extra rest with back-to-back bye weeks and Illinois a front seat to his return to action. The senior quarterback had a career day with 391 yards passing and 5 touchdown passes. He also did not have a turnover in this game. The touchdown passes were distributed to 4 different receivers, with WR4 Shawney Kersey catching 2. Justin Brown (WR1), Devon Smith (WR3) and Mark Wedderburn (TE1) split the other touchdown receptions. The running game sputtered again and will need to improve. The Nittany Lions gave Silas Redd a chance and he did not make the most of the opportunity. He only rushed for 46 yards on 16 carries.

On the defensive side true freshman Ryan Osterander continued to be the leader. He led the team with 8 tackles. Penn State did get beat by a few big runs by Illinois halfback Justin Green, including a 55-yarder. He finished with 130 yards and 2 TD on just 20 carries. The pass defense was much better for Penn State as Scheelhaase passed for 106 and 0 touchdowns.

Penn State 41
    Illinois 14

Offensive Player of the Game: Kevin Newsome 24-32 391 yards 5 TD/0 INT

Defensive Player of the Game: Ryan Osterander 8 tackles

First Quarter
    03:39 TD Illinois Justin Green HB #26 55 yard rush
    02:53 TD Penn State Shawney Kersey WR #81 20 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    Second Quarter
    04:33 TD Illinois Justin Green HB #26 10 yard rush
    04:15 TD Penn State Devon Smith WR #20 39 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    00:46 FG Penn State Jeremy Harrell K #5 36 yard field goal
    Third Quarter
    04:06 TD Penn State Mark Wedderburn TE #13 6 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    01:43 TD Penn State Shawney Kersey WR #81 11 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    Forth Quarter
    05:13 TD Penn State Justin Brown WR #19 16 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    02:02 FG Penn State Jeremy Harrell K #5 49 yard field goal