Legacy 2012 Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy 2012 Week 7

We are now into week 7. We have 2 user games so get those threads up if they are not already. I have some free time today so will be checking up on updated recruiting threads and game summaries.

Game of the Week:

#3 Florida St (Ceewo) @ #10 Va Tech (Pipehitter531)

#6 Penn St (Bravejaf) @ #16 Iowa (JCSparan2)

2 Huge Conference matchups this week.

Welcome to Week 7!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #5 Alabama Crimson Tide (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 17-9 against Georgia (4-1).
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host #19 Ole Miss (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Mark Gilliam has committed to USC
    - (****) DT Matt Griffin has committed to Florida
    - (****) CB Jay Robbins has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #14 Auburn Tigers (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Auburn lost 36-20 against Arkansas (2-3).
    This week, the Tigers will host Vanderbilt (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Kevin Smith has committed to TCU

=============== #3 Florida State Seminoles (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 38-17 against Wake Forest (2-3).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Blacksburg to face the #10 Virginia Tech Hokies (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K Andy Anthony has committed to Florida State

=============== #18 Georgia Bulldogs (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia lost 17-9 against Alabama (4-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Tennessee (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Tyler Dotson has committed to Louisville
    - (****) QB Jon Williams has committed to Georgia
    - (****) FS Steve Terry has committed to Clemson
    - (****) C Ben Adams has committed to North Carolina
    - (***) RG Marcello Everson has committed to UCF

=============== #16 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 45-26 against Illinois (0-3).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #6 Penn State (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RG Will Justice has committed to Pittsburgh
    - (***) FB Ryan McIntosh has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) DT Josh Smith has committed to Iowa

=============== Miami Hurricanes (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 52-7 against Duke (1-4).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Charlottesville to face the Virginia Cavaliers (5-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RG Marcello Everson has committed to UCF
    - (****) DT Matt Griffin has committed to Florida
    - (****) DT Ryan Williams has committed to North Carolina

=============== Michigan Wolverines (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 27-0 against Wisconsin (2-2).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Tyler Dotson has committed to Louisville
    - (****) RE Tyrone Vaughn has committed to West Virginia

=============== #1 Oregon Ducks (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 31-21 against Washington (5-1).
    This week, the Ducks will host #24 Cal (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Brian Harris has committed to LSU
    - (****) FS Kevin Smith has committed to TCU

=============== #6 Penn State Nittany Lions (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 24-21 against Ohio State (2-2).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Iowa City to face the #16 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) CB Tristan Terry has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #23 UCLA Bruins (3-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 48-19 against Arizona (0-5).
    This week, the Bruins are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Eric Hunter has committed to Cal
    - (***) LT Reggie Gaither has committed to Fresno State
    - (****) QB Will Jefferson has committed to Cal
    - (***) C Adrian Smith has committed to Oklahoma State
    - (****) FS Erik Thompson has committed to USC

=============== #7 USC Trojans (4-1) ===============
    Last week, USC won 63-10 against Cal (2-2).
    This week, the Trojans will host #12 Stanford (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P Derrick Keyes has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) FS Erik Thompson has committed to USC
    - (****) LOLB Mark Gilliam has committed to USC

=============== #10 Virginia Tech Hokies (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 27-17 against North Carolina (3-2).
    This week, the Hokies will host #3 Florida State (6-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RG B.J. Terrell has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) DT Josh Smith has committed to Iowa

Next ADV will be NO LATER than sunday at 9 AM EST. Let's get back on good pace.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Damn was really hoping to get that CB. Even with Virginia as a pipeline I couldn't talk him out of leaving his home state.

3. Hova

Ya big signing for Va Tech this week. Looks like FSU is going to take that 4 star QB I wanted. I'll trade you my 5 star for him Ceewo :D

4. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

haha, looks like he has a big arm. Did he soft commit yet?

5. Hova

Ya he did. I put 900 points on him last week, you must have did the same lol

6. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I think he was in for a visit last week.

7. Hova

#7 USC 38
    #12 Stanford 7

"USC welcomed the cards to LA for a huge pac 10 matchup and USC did not let the home fans down. The first drive looked shaky as QB Andrew Lucked marched down the field for a quick 7 but the USC defense finally came around to get some stops and HB Baxter and the trojan offense were nearly unstoppable. HB Baxter set up the passing game all game long with 191 yards rushing and 2 TDs. QB Matt Barkley had a rating over 300 and threw for 237 yards and 3 TDs. USC wins in dominant fashion as they look to revive their season. Next week is a HUGE matchup vs the # 1 team in the nation, Oregon, who guaranteed to beat us, we look to serve some crow next week."

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami 62

Virginia 44

The Hurricanes gave Coach Masler a nice birthday gift with a dominating performance over the Cavs today. It was 45-14 and Miami had the game in control but a pair of Young INTs and a strong Virginia offense made Masler think they took roids at halftime. UVA pulled within 9 point but they were no match for Miami as they refused to lose in the rain and scored 17 more points to hold off a fiesty Virginia squad. Storm Johnson had 2 TDs but also gave up two fumbles, he was replaced by Miller who put up over 100 yards but no scores. Young was having a career day until the 2 picks but maintained a 172.7 QB Rating and earned Player of the Game. FOTY candidate Adam Samuel had a good day as well.

Miami improves to 4-2(2-2) and travel to face Georgia Tech next week.

Stats

J. Young 16/28, 315 yds, 3 TD, 3 Car, 16 yds, TD

S. Johnson. 8 Car, 99 yds, 2 TD

L. Miller. 22 Car, 129 yds

T. Streeter 6 Rec, 182 yds, TD

A. Samuel 6 Tackles, 3 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 FF

9. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

FSU 31
    VT 27

Unfortunatly Pipehitter was unable to play this game. He was going to be out of town until Sunday evening. His hokies would have made him proud. Virginia Tech was able to hold a lead most of the game, not surrendering the lead until the very last score of the game. Ju Ju Clayton beat us deep a couple differant times, but the defense was able to regain our composure and played solid in the 4th quarter.

VT was up 10 with 6 minutes left. Lonnie Pryor was able to punch in a goal line run to get us within 3. A couple minutes later Senior CB Mike Harris was able to pull off a pick six that would be the last score of the game. VT would have one final chance, but the FSU d would hold, forcing a 4 and out.

Next Week we host Duke.

Key Stats:
    QB EJ Manuel 16/32 299 yards 2TD 2INT
    HB Brendan Marks 191 total offense 1TD
    DE Chris Bush 5 tackles, 4TFL, 2Sacks
    MLB Jeff Luc 7 tackles
    CB Mike Harris 3 tackles 1 defl, 1 GW Pick 6

10. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 52
    Ole Miss - 31

I got off to a slow start again in this one. I was down 17-0 thanks to two early fumbles (one by McCarron on a scramble and the other by Lacy). Lacy did not see the field again after his mistake. I tried to use Freshmen Joe Golden but he went out injured after just two carries. I ended up going with the 4th RB on my depth chart, Nicholas Mitchell, and he filled in nicely. He ran the ball 18 times for 97 yards and 1 touchdown. McCarron ended with only a 52% completion rate but he did throw for 287 yards and 4 TDs. Three of the touchdowns went to Kendall Kelly. He ended the game with 3 catches for 99 yards and the 3 scores. TE Michael Williams led the receivers in catches with 8. I tried to lean pretty heavily on him in the passing game because I had a TE visiting this week.

The defense game up way too many yards and points. Ole Miss seemed to be able to move the ball at will. The defense was able to make up for there mistakes by scoring twice. The first defensive score came when DE Cedric McCoy intercepted a pass in the flat and rumbled 3 yards to the endzone. The second happened after Tana Patrick picked up a fumble from the Ole Miss running back and ran untouched 9 yards to paydirt.

Alabama looks to stay undefeated in the SEC next week when they face off against Tennessee in Knoxville.

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1 2 3 4 Total
    [​IMG]
    14 ​
    3 ​
    7 ​
    18 ​
    42​
    [​IMG]
    14 ​
    13​
    7​
    13​
    47​
    [/CENTER]

Indiana QB Dusty Kiel put up a career game at home against the visiting Wolverines throwing for 437 yards with five touchdowns on 25 for 36 passing. Kiel picked the Michigan defense apart constantly finding the open receiver regardless of whether Michigan played man to man or dropped back in a zone. When Kiel wasn't torching the Wolverine defense, Darius Willis was putting up big numbers of his own with 23 carries for 85 yards on the ground and added 88 yards receiving. The Hoosier HB caught an 80 yard touchdown in which shook off three would be Michigan tacklers before racing to end zone.

For the Wolverines, Roy Roundtree continued his fine season 115 yards total offense and two touchdowns, the first of which was a spectacular 75 yard run. Devin Gardner completed 7 of his twenty pass attempts for 205 yards and two touchdowns as he tried to rally the troops. His efforts were to no avail as Michigan simply ran out of time in its comeback effort. The Wolverines hope to rebound in the annual in state rivalry against Michigan State.

12. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oregon- 38
    Cal- 34

The Ducks squeak past another Pac 10 opponent. Barner continues to pace the Oregon offense with 247yds 3 TD on the ground. Thomas was ineffective in throwing the ball, but was able to make plays with his feet with 111yds rushing. Oregon will face USC next week with huge expectations as they gauranteed victory and a Pac 10 title during the preseason.

13. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

What's up with DJ? Is he sick or something? He has not been online since the 10th.

14. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Tennessee 14
    #18 Georgia 38

This is what the Georgia offense is supposed to look like. The Bulldogs welcomed back HB Washaun Ealey, who ran for 113 yards and 4 TD. Fr QB Zach Brown was efficient in the passing game. Things are set up for next week's showdown against Florida. The Bulldogs are 0-2 in the rivalry game in Jacksonville.

15. Hova

His internet is down. I will adv when I get off work today

16. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Did he break his router when Dyer went down?

17. Hova

I'll hold off advance for a little while since it says UCLA is not ready, I am not sure if he recruited yet or not