Legacy 2013 Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into bowl season. We have 2 user games this week so get those scheduled asap. Don't forget your bowl summaries and make sure you recruiting board is fully updated. Also anyone who hasnt please try to get your hall of fame applications up. I will start MVP voting here soon.

User Bowls:

Meineke Car Care Bowl

Miami (Maslerboros16) vs Bowling Green

Holiday Bowl

Oregon (Hokie Effect) vs Kansas

Chick-Fil-A-Bowl

LSU (Dukebball632) vs VA Tech (I Wicktorious I)

AT&T Cotton Bowl

Georgia (AbolishtheFed) vs Texas Tech

Gator Bowl

Florida vs Michigan (Big Suge Knight)

Capitol One Bowl

Iowa (JCSpartan2) vs Tennessee

Rose Bowl

Penn St (BraveJaf) vs Texas AnM

Alamo Bowl

UCLA (FacePlant City) vs Oklahoma

Orange Bowl

Florida St (Ceewo) vs Notre Dame

BCS National Championship

Alabama (Cnic75) vs USC (HovatheGodMC)

Next ADV no later than saturday at 10 AM EST. Good Luck to all.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Woohoo got the Rose Bowl and a CPU opponent... Christmas came early. Hopefully I don't choke away another CPU bowl game. I lost to South Carolina 2 seasons ago.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami - 38

Bowling Green - 21

The score was all tied up 14 all at halftime and Coach Masler went into a rant about how we would not lose to a D plus rated team. They had kept it close long enough. This speech led to a 24 point second half while BGSU produced only 7. The defense was non existant so Masler took Adam Samuel aside and told him to lead the defense. The sophomore LB answered the first play of the second half with a 35yd pick six. The rest was history as Young led his Canes to victory. Storm Johnson had yet another 100 yard rushing perfomance and freshmen receiver Blake Weber caught 5 passes for over 100 yards and a score. Weber broke the single season reception and receiving TDs in this game.

4. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG] 37
    [​IMG] 40

Notre Dame came into the game ranked 7th in the nation. They were led on offense by SR QB Patrick Fuqua and FR HB Andre Vaughn. Fuqua had the best arm in the nation(99thp 99tha) and had throw for almost 3500 yards and 33 TD's. Vaughn rushed for over 1400 yards and 14 TD's. That is a scary combination for any opposing defense. The Irish also had a young stud on defense. SO ROLB Josh Smith had a very impressive season with 103 tackles, 15 TFL, and 4 sacks.

Florida State was ranked 6th in the nation and was led by SO QB Scott Jones, FR HB Kevin Lester, and all-purpose back JR Brendan Marks. Jones was in his first year as starter and did not dissapoint. His passer rating on the season was an impressive 203.6, completing 67% of his passes, and throwing for 29 TD's. Lester rushed for over 1000 yards and 14 TD. Marks added 712 rushing yards, 678 recieving yards and 14 TD's. This promised to be a close game and it did not disappoint.

Fuqua started out hot and got the Irish out to a 14-7 first quarter lead. He was almost unstoppable. Throwing perfect passes all over the field and running the option to perfection once they got close to the goal line. Their hurry up offense had the Seminole defense flustered. Scott Jones would own the 2nd quarter. He would throw for 3 TD passes and lead the Seminoles to 24 second quarter points. Brendan Marks would have 3 TD's in the half, 2 recieving and 1 rushing. The FSU Defense stepped up, allowing only 7 points in the quarter. We had built a 31-21 lead at the half.

Both defenses stepped it up in the 3rd and early in the 4th quarter. The only scoring was a pair of Andy Anthony FG's that had pushed the Seminole lead to 16 with 6:50 left in the game. But for the 2nd game in a row we would blow a two score lead in the 4th and allow the Irish a chance. Fuqua regained his 1st quarter form and lead the Irish on a pair of scoring drives, converting both 2point conversions, tying the game with one minute left. The 2nd TD happened because of an FSU fumble in the redzone.

Scott Jones had been almost perfect on the day and we felt confident he could lead us down the field. He would do just that, setting Andy Anthony up for his 4th FG attempt of the day. Anthony would hit the 24 yard FG as time expired.

Key Stats:

QB Scott Jones 229.3 rtg 25/31 431 yards 3TD 0INT
    HB Brendan Marks 169 total yards 3TD
    WR Rodney Smith 7 receptions 128 yards

5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

**Cotton Bowl**

#16 Georgia 31
    #18 Texas Tech 24
    in Overtime

Georgia wins its 3rd bowl game in the last 4 years, defeating Texas Tech 31-24 in overtime. The game started off poorly, as the Red Raiders held a 17-3 halftime lead. The TTU passing game was on fire, going for 384 yards and picking up multiple 3rd downs. Georgia found a way to tie the game at 17 going into the 4th quarter. But, TTU was able to connect on a long pass play to take a 24-17 lead with 4 minutes left in the game. Georgia mounted a long drive, mixing the run and pass well and finally capped the drive on a 3-yard Ken Malcome run for a TD on a 4th down and goal play with 4 seconds left. In overtime, Malcome scored another TD to give Georgia its first lead of the game. On TTU's first play, Alec Ogletree intercepted a pass in the endzone to seal the win. Ogletree finished with 11 tackles, a sack, INT and a pass defensed. DE TJ Stripling had 8 tackles, 4 tackles for loss and 3 sacks. Both played their final game for Georgia.

The following players were nominated to the All-SEC team.
    1st team: Sr DE TJ Stripling
    2nd team: So WR Matt Tyson, Sr DT Derrick Lott

6. Hova

Well looks like our best friend from EA has popped up again. We cannot connect for the Natl Title... The bowl bug strikes again. I am willing to bet VA Tech and LSU will not be able to connect either, this is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened in our bowl seasons... EA needs to fix this.

So Alabama and USC will be Co-National Champions in 2013. :thumbsup:

7. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Man that sucks. I hate that bug.

8. Hova

Ya, perfect timing, we finally get a user natl title..

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We got that same bug in T3 and C2C in most recent bowl seasons. It is freaking annoying.

10. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Alamo Bowl
    #14 UCLA - 59​
    #17 Oklahoma - 31​
    As per usual, UCLA's offense with QB Byron Bray (in contention for MVP) started off quite slow, and let Oklahoma take the lead for a small bit.​
    Oklahoma's offense was potent due to their nearly impossible to stop hurry-up offense that UCLA's semi-average defense could not hold up in the first half. Mainly the running of Jonathan Miller who went for 144 yards and miraculously broke tackles. However, in the second half, the defense finally started stepping up with some key interceptions and tackles and started winning the battle.​
    Byron Bray started hitting targets (while the running game failed against yet another team) and went 17-28 for 345 yards a TD and an INT. Bray had to leave the game with a finger dislocation injury and backup QB Richard Brehaut took over and kept the offense rolling. Freshman sensation WR Mike Schroeder went for 208 yards off of 9 receptions and 1 TD.​
    Fun game. I hate the no-huddle.​

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]
    2013 Rose Bowl
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    Penn State somehow managed to win the Big 10 despite tying with Iowa and Ohio State with 1 conference loss. Ohio State finished the season with a higher ranking but still did not get a trip to the Rose Bowl. The Nittany Lions made sure they brought home a victory in this game. Their opponent was #5 Texas A&M from the Big 12. With Pac 10 champion USC playing in the title game the 11-1 Aggies got the nod for the spot.​
    The game did not start off well for Penn State. A&M marched down the field and scored the first touchdown of the game. Penn State tried to respond but quarterbacks Paul Jones and Robert Bolden struggled passing the ball. After a few failed attempts Penn State managed to take a 7-6 lead in the game. Paul Jones rushed in for his first of 2 touchdowns in this game. Penn State would later get the passing game going and Shawney Kersey had his first multiple touchdown game of the season. The redshirt junior broke several PSU receiving records last season but the new quarterbacks and a new role as the #2 WR have limited his numbers this season. The defense would play better to close out the game but they did slip up a couple times. Still the game got a bit lopsided towards the end and Penn State came away with a convincing victory.​
    Overall Penn State finishes the year 10-3. This is a bit disappointing for Nittany Lions' fans but thankfully most of the key players should be back next season. Penn State only has 10 seniors on the roster. Those seniors will be replaced by an impressive recruiting class, 10 ESPN 150 recruits.​
    Penn State 49​
    Texas A&M 19​

12. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

LSU beat me. Don't feel like posting a summary right now.

What is the bug you're talking about? We were able to connect find. I mean, I've had the bug where it will stay at waiting forever in every single user game in this OD so far, but bypassing my router and doing a direct connect fixes it (I had it once in another OD, and it worked when the other person did it and I didn't). I dunno if this is the bug you guys are having, but I thought it might be useful info.

13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Gators 17
    Michigan 31

The Wolverines dominated the Gators except for two big plays. Fitz Toussaint finished with 109 on the ground and two touchdowns to cap a very good Senior year and his last in the Maize and Blue. Denard stepped in and played well in place of Gardner who was hurt mid 2nd quarter.

My laptops are in for repair so no full blown summary in phone.

14. Hova

Thats weird. Me and Cnic have played before with no issue at all then the bowl game disconnects every time right at kickoff, we tried like 7 times. I have seen the same thing happen to everyone in other seasons. Maybe because it is not a BCS bowl?? Who knows

15. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The last time I saw that it was a problem with the kicker. A different person had to take care of kick off duties.

If it happens all the time in bowls though, it's probably something completely different. Sucks that you guys can't get your game played.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Are we advancing to offseason tonight? Just curious because I could technically be done with offseason if I avoid losing players early.

17. Hova

I'm advancing to the offseason now