Legacy 2013 Conference Champ Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We have one user game and one CPU game this week so get those scheduled. I will try to get things updated here before we advance again.

SEC Champ Game

Alabama (Cnic75) vs Tennessee

ACC Champ Game

VA Tech (I Wictorious I) vs Florida St (Ceewo)

CUSA Champ Game

Southern Miss vs Tulsa

Big 12 Champ Game

Missouri vs Texas

MAC Champ Game

Western Michigan vs Temple

Let's try to advance before thursday if possible

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

How far did Penn State fall after the loss to USC? Am I still looking at a BCS bowl or the Capital One/Champs Bowl?

3. Hova

User and team records have been updated, check em out in the results thread.

Looks like Penn St had the number 1 defense and Oregon had the number 1 offense again of course lol

4. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

ACC Championship Game
    Virginia Tech vs Florida State

Virginia Tech was led by new coach Killernuts this year. He installed a new pass heavy offense and handed the reins over to a freshman QB. It sounded a little risky, but it paid off. Weber lead the Hokies to a #6 ranking and an ACC costal title that put them in this game. They had lost only once, and that was to Florida State earlier in the year. They were looking for payback. Florida State had won the National Championship last year and had at one point this season pushed their winning streak to 23 games. The Seminoles had also won 3 ACC titles in a row. But things were not going well for the Seminoles. We had lost 2 of our last 5 games.

Thanks to 3 Hokie redzone INT's, Florida State had built a 21-7 lead after 3 quarter and had the ball to start the 4th. Brendan Marks would take a hand-off from Kevin Lester and then get blowed by a VT defender. Marks would lose the ball, VT picked up the fumble and returned it 30 yards for a TD. Later in the quarter FSU was driving with a 7 point lead. We were looking to close out the game with a score and it looked as if that were going to happen. We had made it into the redzone thanks to freshman HB Kevin Lester. Lester would have 134 rushing yards and 3 TD on the day. It looked like we had an easy 10 point lead at least. But thats when I had a brain fart and decided to throw the ball on 3rd down. They had been stacking the line and I expected more of the same and thought i could get an easy toss over the middle. WRONG. Jones threw an INT and gave the Hokies a chance. Weber didnt waste this opportunity, there would be no interceptions on this drive. Weber got the Hokies down to inside the 5. It was 4th down with about 5 seconds left. Weber would hit Cameron, who made a nice one handed grab, for a 2 yard TD. VT decided they wanted to win the game on a 2pt conversion. Here is a pic of the play:

[​IMG]

The refs called it no good!!! FSU wins 21-20 giving us our 4th straight ACC Championship. Great Game Killernuts!

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Your guys capitalized on most of the bad throws. I got so close to throwing my controller on that tip.

My defense couldn't stop the run at all.

Very close game. Second time I've lost on this site to a 2 point conversion like this. :(

6. Hova

Risky call. Nice write up. Great job gettin it in so fast. I will advance around 10am this mornin.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Congrats @Ceewo. Be careful in 2014 though...meterologists are predicting the storm of the century

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Didn't feel comfortable going into OT.

Struggled in redzone and couldn't stop the run.