Legacy 2013 Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Now in week 10 and back to a full league! One user game this week.

Game of the Week:

UCLA (moonbbad) @ #13 Colorado (uncleho)

Next ADV no later than FRIDAY at 10 PM EST

2. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Michigan St 35
    Nebraska 10

The Spartans jumped out to a 21-0 lead by halftime off of 2 TD passes my Maxwell and a short run by back up RB Langford. Neither team played well against the pass as Nebraska's QB T. Martinez finished the game 15/17 for 124 yards while A. Maxwell finished 14/17 305 yards and 3 TDs. Despite the high completion percentage, Nebraska's offense wasn't moving anywhere and that was the difference in the game. Senior Maxwell earned the starting role again after being benched by the previous coach for freshman QB Callahan.

Notable Stats

Maxwell - 14/17 305 yds 3 TDs 1 Int
    N. Hill - 26 carries 108 yds 1 TD
    T. Lippett - 4 rec 108 yds 2 TDs

T. Martinez - 15/17 124 yds
    Z. Taylor - 18 carries 78 yds 1 TD
    J. Turner - 6 rec 52 yds

3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#19 Arizona St 38
    Oregon St 13

This game was much closer than the score would indicate, as the Sun Devils scored 2 late TDs to close the game. However, the win came at a huge cost, as starting RB Kyle Middlebrooks will miss the rest of the regular season. It was an untimely injury, as the next two games for Arizona St are conference user games followed by the rivalry game against Arizona. Slot WR XXX Smith is also injured. The Sun Devils finally won a ranked away game against the computer.

4. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Second Half Comeback Gives Coach Illmatic His First Win
    #8 Wisconsin ( CPU )- 21
    at
    Penn St. ( dj illmatic 23 )- 24
    The Penn St Nittany Lions got off to a slow start, but used a second half surge to upset the #8 Wisconsin Badgers 24-21. The Badgers dominated the first half, and looked in control for most of the game. Wisconsin got things started in the first when HB Melvin Gordon punched it in from one yard out. Penn St was unable to move the ball the entire first half, and only managed a 20 yard FG that was set up by a big punt return. The Badgers answered back before the half when QB Danny O'Brien hit TE Jacob Pedersen for a 27 yard TD to give Wisconsin a 14-3 half-time lead.

Despite their terrible play in the first half, the Nittany Lions came out in the third on a mission. A 51 yard FG pulled PSU within 8. The Nittany Lions would tie the game on a 10 yard TD run by HB Silas Redd. After clawing their way back into the game, Wisconsin took the lead right back when O'Brien and Pedersen connected for the second time, this time from 38 yards out. Penn St refused to fold and answered right back when Redd scored his second TD of the day from 4 yards out. The Penn St defense which could not get any key stops last week in their loss to Illinois came up big when CB Devin Pryor intercepted O'Brien and set up the offense with a chance to win the game. Penn St. marched down the field and K Anthony Fera nailed a 43 yard FG with a little over a minute to go. Wisconsin moved the ball down the field, but their drive stalled at the 39 yard line. The Badger's kicker was unable to hit the 56 yard FG as time expired. With the win, the Nittany Lions move to 8-2 and 6-2 in the Big 10. They travel to Iowa next week to take on the #11 ranked Hawkeyes.

Offensive Player of the Game
    Penn St HB Silas Redd
    20 carries/ 95 yards/ 2 TD's
    Defensive Player of the Game
    Penn St DE Kyle Baublitz
    2 tackles/ 2 sacks
    Play of the Game

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Northwestern - 32
    Purdue - 31

I honestly have no friggin clue how I won this one. The first half, everything that could go wrong, DID go wrong. Our star QB Kyle Colter looked like he bet on Purdue. 2 interceptions, 2 fumbles on sacks/scrambles. And to start the 2nd half, after we held Purdue and forced a punt, it was muffed and Purdue recovered for a quick score to put them up 31-6 with about 5 mins to go in the 3rd and me about ready to smash a controlled

From that point on I said fuck it, went shotgun and just decided to sling the ball. Knew it risked even more turnovers, but figured I had to start picking up yards in bunches to have a chance. And a lightbulb went on for Colter because he was just money in the 2nd half. I would guess he had tops 1-2 turnovers. He finished with 361 yards and 4 TDs (to go along with his 4 turnovers).

With just about 2 mins to go, Colter hit WR Prater for their 3rd TD connection on the day to put us up 32-31. The 2 pt try failed, meaning Purdue only needed a FG to win with a ton of time left. They started moving and got across the 50 when CB Daniel Jones jumped a slant pattern and picked off the pass to seal the amazing comeback win for the Wildcats. 26 straight points in under 2 qtrs.

Easily the biggest "holy shit" moment I have had in NCAA 13. And considering we had about 5 recruits at the game...a big sigh of relief

• Like Like x 1
  6. RyanC

RyanC Walk On