Legacy 2013 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Three user games this week.

Game of the Week:

#3 Georgia Tech (Ryanc) @ #10 Maryland (Hova)

Next ADV no later than SUN at 10 PM EST

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9 Column 10 Column 11
    NORTHWESTERN 0 10 7 0 7 7 8 8 47
    [/B]
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9 Column 10 Column 11
    NEBRASKA 7 0 0 10 7 7 8 6 45
    [/B]

It took 4 overtimes for this one to be decided, and if things continue this way, Coach Salvia might have a heart attack on the sidelines for Northwestern. After an insane come from behind win last week over Purdue, NU almost let the same thing happen against them this week. Up 17-7 with 3 mins to go, Nebraska kicked a FG to cut it to a 1 possession game. NU with a chance to run out the clock came up short on a 3rd and 1 and had to punt the ball back to Nebraska. Taylor Martinez, with under a min to go and no timeouts, took the Cornhuskers 80 yards on 5 plays to tie it up and send it to OT.

After that, anarchy ensued.

The 1st OT saw Nebraska score on the 1st play from scrimmage when my OLB decided to fall on his ass and leave their TE wide open for a TD. We answered back with a TD to send it to a 2nd OT

OT #2 saw us score on the 2nd play from scrimmage when THEIR OLB fell on his ass leaving our TE wide open for a score. We held Nebraska until 4th and goal from the 9 and Martinez connects for the tying score and we continue...

3rd OT saw both teams decided to ground and pound. Nebraska scored a TD on a Taylor Martinez option and followed it up with a 2pt conversion from Martinez as well. We answered back with 4 consecutive runs by HB Travyon Green for a TD followed by a Green rush on an audible/changed play....and we continue.

OT #4 I decided to try something different, and it nearly cost us the game. Running an option on the 1st play, the pitch was fumbled but luckily went out of bounds, but put us in a hole. QB Colter was able to redeem himself, connecting on 3 straight passes setting up Green for a 1 yard plunge. The 2 pt conversion was connected as well on a slant pass from Colter. Nebraska got the ball and was stuffed on first down, and 2 straight incompletions. 4th and 10 from the 25 and needing a TD, Martinez scrambled and my stupid CB came up leaving their WR open for a lob pass over our corners head. WR Enunwa shrugged off 2 tackles and took it in for a score. I had to hit pause for a second before smashing the controller.

Finally back, their 2 pt conversion try to send it to a 5th OT. I said fuck it, anything I've called hasn't worked so lets try something new. They were in 4 wide, so we came out in dime and I sent the house on an all-out blitz. Martinez felt pressure and had to toss it in the air on a prayer. Their WR and our CB...but out of now where came S Ibrahaim Campbell to fly in like a Michael Jordan 1986 dunk and swat the pass down to seal the win.

EASILY the best game I have ever played vs the CPU in probably any version of NCAA. Total edge of the seat stuff that you normally only get in user games.

The win sets up Northwestern in the Big 10. We now control our own destiny. If we beat rival Illinois on the last week of the season, we clinch our division and earn a berth to the Conference title game. Luckily next week is a bye so Coach Salvia can catch his breathe after 2 straight insane victories.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hova

#3 Georgia Tech 7
    #10 Maryland 42

Maryland hosted #3 GTECH this week in a huge division matchup in the snow. RyanC was unable to make the game. Without Coach Ryan the offense was dreadful only scoring 1 TD and gaining 145 yards. Maryland was a machine on offense racking up over 400 yards. The team was led by standout WR Diggs who caught 3 TD passes in this game. HB Pickett also carried a huge load rushing for 175 yards on the day. Maryland now has control of the Atlantic division and hope to make an appearance in the ACC title game if they can finish out strong. We finish the season on the road vs FSU and Boston College.

4. Hova

someone tag me when we are ready to advance

5. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Well I'm 0-2 in my game of the week picks. A couple more losses and the curse of the Game of the Week pick will start.

6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#14 Arizona St 40
    UCLA 35

A track meet broke out in the Rose Bowl, as neither team could do much on defense. The play of the game was made by UCLA's secondary. The Sun Devils were driving to score with 15 seconds left in the half and a 24-14 lead. Instead of playing conservative, ASU threw an ill advised post route that was intercepted and returned for a TD to cut the lead to 24-21 going into the half. UCLA got the ball to start the half, but were held to 3 and out. From there, ASU had 3 straight drives end in FGs for a 33-21 lead going into the fourth quarter. UCLA then answered with a TD drive of their own to make cut the ASU lead to 33-28 with about 5 min remaining in the game. However, the Sun Devils were able to answer with another TD. UCLA added another TD with 4 seconds left to cut the deficit to 40-35, but were unable to secure the onside kick.

ASU finishes the year with home games against Colorado and Arizona.

GG MoonBBad

• Like Like x 1
  7. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

To be fair mine and my wife's controlling ass families kept me out of the game :(. I enjoy my bday as much as anyone else but damn let a man play a game lol

• Like Like x 1