Legacy 2013 Week 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 13. We got one user game this week so get that thread up asap. I want to try and advance before sunday since I will be out of town then.

Game of the Week:

#14 UCLA (FacePlant City) @ #11 Oregon (Hokie Effect)

Welcome to Week 13!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #4 Alabama Crimson Tide (9-1) ===============
    Last week the Crimson Tide were idle.
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Auburn to face the Auburn Tigers (6-4).

=============== #5 Florida State Seminoles (10-1) ===============
    Last week the Seminoles were idle.
    This week, the Seminoles are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Matt Washington has committed to Baylor
    - (***) MLB Rob Lewis has committed to Florida State

=============== #22 Georgia Bulldogs (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 31-15 against Auburn (6-4).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Atlanta to face the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (5-5).

=============== #15 Iowa Hawkeyes (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 38-28 against Wisconsin (7-4).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Minnesota (2-7).

=============== #24 LSU Tigers (6-4) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 24-14 against Ole Miss (5-5).
    This week, the Tigers will host Arkansas (3-6).

=============== #23 Miami Hurricanes (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 44-14 against Wake Forest (4-7).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Gainesville to face the Florida Gators (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Evan Moore has committed to Florida
    - (***) CB Wendell Copeland has committed to Miami

=============== Michigan Wolverines (6-4) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 35-30 against Indiana (3-8).
    This week, the Wolverines will host #3 Ohio State (9-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Rob Lewis has committed to Florida State
    - (***) FS Mike Mack has committed to Virginia
    - (*****) LG John King has committed to Texas

=============== #11 Oregon Ducks (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 28-20 against Washington (6-4).
    This week, the Ducks will host #14 UCLA (9-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Greg Powell has committed to Oregon
    - (***) MLB Mark Taylor has committed to Oregon
    - (****) LE Ben Warren has committed to Oregon
    - (****) RG Mike Holt has committed to Oregon

=============== #7 Penn State Nittany Lions (8-2) ===============
    Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to East Lansing to face the Michigan State Spartans (3-6).

=============== #14 UCLA Bruins (9-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 48-30 against Arizona (2-6).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Eugene to face the #11 Oregon Ducks (8-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Mark Taylor has committed to UCLA
    - (****) HB Ryan Bates has committed to UCLA
    - (***) TE Alex Lane has committed to UCLA

=============== #2 USC Trojans (8-1) ===============
    Last week, USC won 38-0 against Oregon State (4-5).
    This week, the Trojans will host Cal (5-4).

=============== #8 Virginia Tech Hokies (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 38-7 against Virginia (6-6).
    This week, the Hokies will host #25 North Carolina (7-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Steve Brown has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (***) CB Dennis Jones has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (***) RT Ryan Schneider has committed to Virginia Tech

Next ADV sunday at 2 am EST, if possible

2. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

I am shocked that I got Bates without a fight. Very well-rounded back. It'll be nice to not have only power backs at UCLA for once.

3. Hova

I will be without Baxter and Prater for my 2 user games, that sucks

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Good to hear :)

And I sadly have to root for Michigan against Ohio State... just saying that made me physically ill

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami 43

Florida 42

Jesus this was a wild game, it started off with Miami going up 12-0 thanks to a TD, a safety (got picked in the endzone and they got tackled at the 1, very next play my line busted through untouched) and a FG. But Florida wouldn't stay quiet for long as they exploded for the next 21 points thanks to their greased pig of a HB, swear that boy was 99 overall but he was only 90. Miami would hit a wide open WR House right before halftime to come within 2. The resulting drive after halftime ended in a FG and a 1 point lead for the Canes. The Gators continued to be unstoppable as they got a lucky ass pick and the following 2 point, going up by 7. Miami would answer and this one was all tied up at 29 a piece going into the 4th. Miami forced a quick 3 and out to start followed by a Jamar Young option keeper for a TD to take the lead again. Unfortunately Florida would not go away and they tied it again. With 30 seconds left Weber caught a 12 yard pass to give Miam another 7 point lead. Florida once again, this time aided by a roughing the passer penalty, would score a TD and look to tie it up but Coach Masler opted to call a timeout because he noticed the Gators kicker had a weak leg. The kicker would ended up hitting the PAT off the upright and Miami would recover the onside and come out in the victory formation.

Miami earns their 8th win by the skin of their teeth and finish up 8-4(6-2) and look to get a decent bowl.

Stats

J, Young 23/39, 357 yds, 3 TD, 1 rushing TD

S. Johnson 26 Att, 161 yds, TD

B. Weber 6 rec, 99 yds, TD

Defense was horrible covering the pass and tackling but still managed to force and recover 2 fumbles. Fuller added to his sack count with 2 on the day.

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

My apologies for not being able to get my game in and not getting in any warning. I had planned on playing it yesterday, but something came up and I wasn't able to get to my computer or XBOX.

Won't let it happen again.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State 13
    Michigan State 7

Not exactly the showing I wanted from my squad before a big showdown against USC. This one was ugly from start to finish and I'm just glad I got the win. Offense lost 3 turnovers and defense got 0. Luckily the defense made enough stops and Michigan State couldn't muster many long drives. Jones passed for 161 at QB but threw 2 picks to just 1 touchdown. Not sure who I'm starting at QB versus USC, Bolden or Jones.

8. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan comes up seven yards short of the end zone and loses The Game 21 - 14. The wolverine defense played with the exception of three big scoring plays, a 76 yard pass and 56 yard run. Devin Gardner struggled for the first half but turns up his level of play in the second to make the ending dramatic.

9. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

damn...i think there were several people pulling for michigan in this one.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

The only other way I win the Big 10 is Iowa losing to Minnesota. Sadly I do not think that will happen.

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Have you played OSU yet? I lost to them, so the only way I can win the Big Ten is with an OSU loss.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I beat Ohio State. If you lose then the tiebreaker is the head-to-head match. Otherwise it is based on BCS rankings and I am Ohio State's only losss on the season. Michigan already lost to OSU and that is the Buckeyes last conference game.

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I play Florida State next. Even if I win big I don't think I jump OSU in the BCS standings. Doesn't look like there is any way either of us win the big ten.

14. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Virginia Tech 43 - UNC 14

This game was a lot closer than the score indicates until the end of the game when I got 2 INTs and a fumble recovery (TD).

It was snowing pretty hard. Weber had some command issues, which might have been because of this. WR Tony Fry showed again how good he is with the ball in his hands, but he also shows us how badly he sucks at catching the ball on a weekly basis. If he keeps this up, he may be moved to the bench or to running back.

The Hokies defense played well, forcing 3 turn overs, holding the UNC QB to 9-21 passing, and 1-8 on 3rd down.

This win guarantees them a rematch with Florida State in the ACC championship game. Their previous contest was a 34-28 nail biter.

How is PSU ahead of me in the polls? My only lost is to FSU and I won the head to head! ;)

15. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#22 Georgia 24
    Georgia Tech 14

Georgia moves its record to 5-0 in rivalry games this season, with a beatdown of the enginerds on Atlanta. Jr HB Ken Malcome rushed for 127 yards and 3 TD and the offense did not commit a turnover. The defense limited Tech to 34 total offensive plays. Georgia has to hope for help from 1-10 Vanderbilt to have a chance to play in the SEC title game.

16. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

#14 UCLA - 49
    #11 Oregon - 43

Great game from both teams. The one changing factor was the fact that UCLA's offense was the most efficient it has been all season and the fact that they JUST got ahead at the beginning of the game. From then on, both offenses were firing on all cylinders. Hokie played the clock well and stayed in the game every time UCLA would score. The game basically came down to an onside kick at the end of the game that UCLA would just barely get (I was almost extremely pissed that you had got that, Hokie. Haha). Both teams had a crucial turnover during the game.

UCLA QB Byron Bray went insane this game by throwing and completing 75% of his passes for 4 TDs. He had one interception due to being hit while being thrown and a great INT by Oregon's LB. Freshman WR Mike Schroeder was on the end of the majority of those passes as he went for over 200+ yards and 1 TD (He literally would break every tackle for a long run.) Most surprising was the running of HB Anthony Barr as it was the first time UCLA's running game seemed to work perfectly. Barr went for 176 yards and 3 TDs.

Very good game. Both offenses were clicking.

Great game, Hokie. Can't believe I finally won one. ;-)

Looking to complete the season with no losses to Users with a game against rival USC next week.

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

@HovaTheGodMC

Want to play our week 15 game tonight? I have to pick up my car and do some XMas shopping but I should be back sometime after 6 PM EST.

18. Hova

I play UCLA this week, this is going to be week 14

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Oops my bad I lost track. Forgot I had another bye and knew I only had that game left.