Legacy 2013 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

we are now into week 5. One user game this week.

Game of the Week:

#7 Washington (bigking) @ #25 Notre Dame (MoonBBad)

Next ADV no later than WED at 8 pm EST

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

512A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_SWc.jpg

#14 Michigan 24
    #11 Va Tech 14

Michigan hosted a strong Va Tech team this week and come out with the huge win. The offense was predicated on a rushing attack led by HB Rawls who rushed for 163 YDS and 2 TDs. HB Hopkins contributed with 86 YDs as well. QB Gardner struggled as usual throwing 2 INTs but connected with WR Timmons for a big TD. The defense was solid causing alot of stops and ultimately secured the win for UofM. Michigan hosts Cincy next week for another big home game, hoping to impress some recruits and turn this season around.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

UCLA 37 Oregon State 10

This one was in UCLA's hands all game as the running game plowed through the Beavers. I can't pull up stats right now (had to run to class after the game, and dynasty wire won't let me pull em up) but my running back went over 100 yards for sure. I believe we forced about 3 turnovers, and scored off all of them (FG or TD). A kick return midway through the game really sealed this one up. All Bruins, all day.

Sorry summary is pathetic, but doing it off memory.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Georgia 38
    Mississippi State 17

Mistakes made this game close through 3 quarters, but Georgia pulled out the victory. The big mistakes occurred in the red zone. The first mistake was by QB Murray. He was sacked and lost the ball. Mississippi State's defender scooped the ball and returned it 88 yards for the touchdown. HB Crowell also lost a fumble and it was nearly returned for a TD. The play setup Mississippi State's only offensive TD. Putting aside the mistakes, Murray and Crowell had solid games. Crowell was the star of the game with 205 yards rushing, including 2 touchdowns. His day included a 68 yard rush TD. Murray's TD/INT ratio was split at 1 for this game but he did pass for 236 yards. WR3 McGowan caught the TD pass and led the team with 52 yards receiving. On defense OLB Vasser had a huge game with 3 sacks. As a team Georgia sacked MSU QB Russell 5 times in this game and forced him into several bad passes. This resulted in 2 picks and just 6 completions in 17 attempts. The run game was even worse, finishing with -3 yards as a team. Week 6 brings a tough match against Alabama. This might be the only game all season where Georgia has less roster talent than its opponent.

5. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

ND v Washington has been played. I will post a writeup tomorrow.

6. MoonBBad

#25 Notre Dame 24
    #7 Washington 21

South Bend, IN -- Notre Dame wanted to silence their critics after last week's embarrassing loss to rival Michigan. I think this week they succeeded in doing so. In a game that went to the last second, Notre Dame hung tough and grinded out a much needed win.

The first half was a defensive battle with both sides exchanging blows. The first points didn't come till the second quarter and Washington struck first on a 4 yard TD pass from QB Keith price to WR Kevin Smith. Notre Dame was able to answer back on their next drive on a 65 yard play action bomb from Tommy Rees to Davaris Daniels to take tie the game at 7 going into halftime.

The next half was more energetic. In the fourth quarter Washington was able to score a touchdown with less than two minutes to go in the game to put themselves up by four points. Tommy Rees engineered a brilliant drive connecting on several different receivers to put the ball on the three yard line with a second to go in the game. On the last play of the game Notre Dame came out in a spread formation and Tommy didn't see who he was looking for open, so he scrambled the three yards and was able to push himself into the endzone to win the game.

Great game man, really exciting game!

• Like Like x 1
  7. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Not sure scramble is the right word, more like get hit at the three and turn into Jerome Bettis and drag two defenders until the ball nips the goal line. Great Game.

8. MoonBBad

I saved the replay. LOL, I thought you had me man. I will post it up soon. I wanted to save the one replay where you ran a 10 yard out on a play and the receiver turned and looked and the ball hit him right in the helmet and bounced off.

9. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I uploaded five different views of the TD, I can't believe he made it but truly did. I originally had a middle blitz on but then got worried about the coverage. That other play was terrible. He was wide open got hit in the head and bounced right to your defender, just glad it didn't turn into a pick. Hopefully we get a rematch next year.