Legacy 2013 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 6. One user game this week. I wanna thank everyone who is still going strong, I think things are getting smoother and we can start goin strong again. I am looking for a strong 12th man as well. Lets keep rollin!

Game of the Week:

#1 Oregon (Cnic75) @ UCLA (Kasper)

Next ADV no later than SAT at 9 AM EST

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Is there a Dynasty Wire story for this week? I am at work so can't get on DW but curious if I signed any recruits. I scheduled a lot of visits in week 5.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I don't see one.

On my board, Scott Ross gave you a soft commit, though.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

the only signing you have so far is a :3stars: te

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I insta-committed a :5stars: WR, I'll post him in recruiting when I get home from work

Week 6

Georgia 31
    Alabama 28

Those who question the value of a good kicker can kiss my ass :p. Special teams is the only reason my team won this game, and that is despite my kicker missing a 57 yard kick by inches. After Alabama scored to go up 7-0, my kick returner Conley returned the kickoff for a TD. The Tide kept getting big plays and I was eventually down by 3 points in the fourth quarter. West missed the 57 yard kick that would have tied the game but luckily the defense held. He got another shot and nailed the 54 yard attempt. This tied the game at 28. Another defensive hold got Georgia the ball with a little over 2 minutes remaining. Murray hit a couple big pass plays and then we ran the ball to setup the field goa. West made the game winning kick with under 10 seconds remaining.

Alabama won the yardage battle but had 2 turnovers in the game. Georgia could not move the ball but avoided turnovers. I also got a questionable 2 point conversion that ended up saving my team. It put my team up by 11 at the time, but after Bama scored 2 touchdowns I was down by 3. The game tying field goal would have been impossible if I didn't accidentally go for 2.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

512A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_wHk.jpg

#10 Michigan 56
    Cincinnati 14

Michigan came out tonight and DESTROYED Cincy causing 2 turnovers and running all over them. The attack was led by HB T Rawls who ran for 127 yds and 4 TDs. HB Holt came off the bench in the 2nd half and rush for 109 yards. Michigan has now won 3 in a row and head to Penn St next week for a huge road matchup with the Nittany Lions.

7. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

West Lafayette, IN -- "We played a solid game today, dominated possession, but we can still get better, Tommy [Rees] still isn't making the best decisions with the football." You'd think Coach Kelly would be happy after a 31-7 victory and another conference win vs the Boilermakers, but he still sees improvements that need to be made. The Irish continue to play well winning again and moving to 5-1 on the season. Notre Dame absolutely dominated Purdue yesterday and was able to win in convincing fashion. However, it wasn't all lollipops and gumdrops for the Irish yesterday, especially at the beginning of the game. The Irish started with the ball and on the second play of the game QB Tommy Rees threw an awful interception that set up Purdue's only score of the game. From then on, it was all Irish.​

Running back Cameron Roberson led the Irish attack with 122 yards on 32 attempts and a career high four touchdowns on the day. Rees was able to settle down and finished the game going 12-23 for 148 yards and threw the ball to six different receivers on the day. TJ Jones led the Irish receivers with 5 catches for 52 yards. The Irish defense absolutely manhandled Purdue's offense holding them to 129 total yards and five total first downs. The Irish offense, due to their ability to run the ball led the possession battle (which wasn't really much of a battle) 21:53 to Purdue's 6:07.​

Next week the Irish face a very important game, a game which could decide who represents the Big 10 Leaders in the conference championship when they face the #14 ranked Ohio State Buckeyes.​

8. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Tennessee 24
    Ole Miss 7

Wet and Muddy, two words to describe the field conditions that Ole Miss and Tennesse faced in their SEC conference opener. Tennessee went into Ole Miss unranked looking to disrupt Ole Miss's ambitions of a conference title. With Senior RB Rajion Neal out for the game with a mild concussion, Marlin Lane came into the game and took control of the Tennessee offense, rushing for 108 yards, and 2 TD's (1 receptions, 55 yards, 1 TD).

Tennesse's defense pulled through only allowing only 205 yards of total offense and giving up 1 TD against a very skilled Ole Miss Offense. Tennesse rolls into Georgia next week to face a very talented Bulldog squad. Could this be the year for the Volunteers to take the SEC by storm? only time will tell.