Legacy 2013 Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 7. Three user games this week.

Game of the Week:

#1 Washington (wick36) @ #16 Arizona St (Abolishthefed)

Next ADV no later than SAT at 7 PM EST

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    Illinois defense forces 3 second half INTs to seal a big win over Sparty
    msu.jpg
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    1st Downs 19 12[/B]
    3rd Down Conversions 6-10 4-7
    Total Offense 470 351[/B]
    Passing Yards 293 346[/B]
    Comp/Att 19-25 17-31
    Yards Per Attempt 11.7 11.2
    Rushing Yards 177 5[/B]
    Yards Per Rush 5.5 0.4
    Penalties/Yards 1-10 0-0
    Turnovers 1 4[/B]
    Fumbles/Lost 1-0 2-1
    Interceptions Thrown 1 3
    Possession 17:42 10:18[/B]

msustats.jpg
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    In a game much closer than the final score indicated, Illinois defeated their first ranked opponent of the year, and hopefully this launches the Illini even closer to the top 25, as their win streak now rises to 5 after letting the season opener against #1 Washington slip away in the 4th quarter. Apparently that game made Illinois believe they can play with the big dogs, because the Illini showed up to play today after what looked like a long day was in store after the first two opening possessions.​
    The Spartans would roll through the Illinois defense after forcing a quick 3-and-out to start the game. QB Andrew Maxwell was on target, and HB Nick Hill was abusing the Illinois front seven with shotgun runs. The drive was capped with a 22 yard touchdown pass to WR DeAnthony Arnett on terrible coverage from Illinois. But Illinois would respond with a nice drive of their own, led by QB Nathan Scheelhaase's ability to avoid pressure and make some key throws. However, once inside the red zone, the drive would stall and Illinois would kick a field goal.​
    The 2nd quarter saw the Illinois defense really step it up, forcing several punts from Michigan State, which allowed the Illini to take a 13-7 lead after a touchdown run from Scheelhaase and another short field goal. Michigan State would respond quickly after the field goal, using Maxwell's arm to drive downfield and score a touchdown with under 2 minutes to go in the half. But Scheelhaase took Illinois on a drive of their own thanks to his arm, and with less than :10 in the half, he found WR Spencer Harris for a 24 yard touchdown pass, putting Illinois back up by 6 entering the 3rd quarter.​
    After a Spartan touchdown on a long pass from Maxwell to WR Keith Mumphery midway through the quarter, it was all Illinois for the rest of the game. Scheelhaase would connect with WR Ryan Lankford for a 51 yard TD pass on the next possession, and an interception by Maxwell (his first of 3) quickly turned into a 23 yard TD run by Scheelhaase on the next possession on a read option on 3rd and goal. On the very next play, Maxwell would throw yet another INT, this time to SS Steve Hull, who returned it 27 yards to the end zone, ending the 3rd quarter with Illinois up over #17 Michigan State 41-21.​
    Another long touchdown pass from Scheelhaase (46 yards to to WR Darius Millines) would virtually put the game out of reach early in the 4th quarter with Illinois up 48-21. Sparty would not quit, however, and pulled out another long drive with another TD pass to Mumphery, this time from 2 yards out. But with Illinois up by 19 after the 2-pt conversion, they were able to jump on the onside and work the clock before kicking a field goal to give us the final of 51-29.​
    Good game PIG BOMB, without my defense stepping up in the second half this would have been a 1 point game​

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Wow, huge game in the B1G.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Washington - 28
    Arizona State - 17

The Huskies were able to defeat division opponent Arizona State. Price struggled a bit, completing just 11/20 passes, but was able to make some pretty big throws. He also had a 45 yard run on a read option keeper. Kasen Williams had another huge day, catching 4 passes for 106 yards and 2 TDs. On the defensive side of the ball, Shirley and Timu were monsters. Shirley only got credit for 1 sack, but he should've had 2 more and was constantly creating hurries. Timu was all over the field with 8 solo tackles, 2 TFL, a sack, and 2 deflections.

5. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

#7 Oregon 13
    Colorado 30

A slow start for both teams in the first quarter was broken when WR Paul Richardson caught a slant pass that turned into a ridiculous 54 yard TD with less than a minute left in the quarter. Oregon would answer right back though on the next drive to tie it at 7-7. The Colorado offense and special teams then scored 20 unanswered points when the defense buckled down and forced punts and two turnovers. KR Yuri Wright took the opening kickoff of the second half 104 yards for a TD, while WR Tyler McCullough caught an 59 yard TD before the first half was over as other big plays in this game.

Colorado
    QB Nick Hirschman 17/23 297 YDS 2 TD 1 INT
    HB Tony Jones 27 CAR 123 YDS
    WR Paul Richardson 9 REC 160 YDS 1 TD

Oregon
    QB Bryan Bennett 17/23 207 YDS 1 INT, 14 CAR 58 YDS 1TD
    HB De'Anthony Thomas 7 CAR 72 YDS 1 TD
    WR Ricky Tyree 5 REC 109 YDS

6. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

ya good game blondie

although i feel like i played like a retard! i should have been punished and was!

i was trying to hit stick too much and totally fucked over my defense over and over again

then i somehow decided to throw deep every other play like an idiot - my QB cant do it consistently- that's why he leads the nation in INTs

as a result of the loss we are going to go ahead with the move to mobile QB's and a read option based attack - we have some pistol in the SMU book we can mix in with the shotty to change it up along with some other stuff - this will prepare us to go full out option with wishbone as the center piece next year

hopefully getting my two young mobile QB's some reps for the rest of the year will aid their progression in the offseason

Callahan [the undersized mobile QB we have] has shown he can throw as well when he came in earlier in the season - the multi-threat QB should be fun

7. abolishthefed

Hell, we're going to have an entire dynasty built on read option by the time this thing is over.

8. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

im going wishbone triple option

9. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I started a revolution

10. abolishthefed

Everyone is jealous from those postgame videos you post.

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Never!

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

I just use it to take advantage of Scheelhaase, cuz he sucks ass at throwing the ball. I need a pocket passer in my pro style offense badly

13. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Iowa takes care of Purdue with ease 56-14, but loses its shutout streak in the process. The win sets up a huge conference game with Illinois next week.

14. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

Advanceeeee!!!!

16. abolishthefed

Won't be until 8 PM. Hova is at work.

17. Bl0ndeRedHead

Lame, I'll be at work then

18. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    23-17 Cavaliers
    [​IMG]
    Three interceptions on the road and a good game from our HB Kevin Parks helped the Cavaliers stay unbeaten on the season. After being backed up to our own 1 inch line from a great user play to down the punt, Parks took a HB ISO 100 yards to put us on top by 11 and gaining all the momentum. UNC made two clutch drives on offense to put them back on 6 points with very little time to go in the 4th. With the ball and in Virginia territory the UNC QB throws his 3rd INT of the night and sealed the win for Virgina. We were able to escape Chapel Hill with a victory. Great game gwill...​
    Next week we take this road trip to play Coach HovaTheGodMC and his Maryland squad who came off a big win over Virginia Tech two weeks ago and had a bye week this week. Will the Cavaliers get a rested and sharp Maryland team like last year or will they show some rust? Only time will tell, regardless it should be an exciting match-up..​