Legacy 2013 Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 8. Two user games this week.

Games of the Week:

#5 Penn St (Bravejaf) @ #10 Michigan (Big Suge Knight)

UCLA (FacePlant City) @ #2 Florida St (Ceewo)

Welcome to Week 8!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 38-17 against BYU (4-2).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Oxford to face the Ole Miss Rebels (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K David O'Neal has committed to Kentucky
    - (****) RG Ryan Morton has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) WR Devon Randle has committed to Florida
    - (****) CB Riley Carter has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) MLB Patrick Skinner has committed to Alabama

=============== #2 Florida State Seminoles (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 27-14 against Miami (4-3).
    This week, the Seminoles will host UCLA (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Adam Gatewood has committed to TCU
    - (****) SS Aaron Tate has committed to Georgia
    - (****) CB Riley Carter has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) LE Sean Dennis has committed to Florida State

=============== #18 Georgia Bulldogs (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 42-32 against Tennessee (4-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Kentucky (1-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Ali Berry has committed to Georgia
    - (****) QB Mike Walker has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== #24 Iowa Hawkeyes (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 40-7 against Purdue (2-3).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Indiana (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) SS John Ryan has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) WR Dave Myrick has committed to Texas
    - (****) QB Rob Flowers has committed to Wisconsin
    - (***) DT Kelechi Schultz has committed to Minnesota
    - (****) DT David Johnson has committed to Iowa

=============== #13 LSU Tigers (4-2) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 34-27 against Florida (5-2).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Columbia to face the South Carolina Gamecocks (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Danny Holt has committed to TCU
    - (****) HB Tony Shelton has committed to Tulsa

=============== Miami Hurricanes (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Miami lost 27-14 against Florida State (7-0).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host Georgia Tech (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Mike Williams has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (****) DT Josh Palmer has committed to Tennessee
    - (****) DT Marque Greene has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) SS Chris Sampson has committed to Florida
    - (*****) DT Jon Hartman has committed to Auburn
    - (****) RT Todd Ross has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) FS Maurice Beverly has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) RE Doug Freeman has committed to Miami
    - (*****) MLB Patrick Skinner has committed to Alabama

=============== #10 Michigan Wolverines (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 41-27 against Minnesota (1-4).
    This week, the Wolverines will host #5 Penn State (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Lavelle Horton has committed to Cincinnati
    - (****) DT Matt Williams has committed to Cincinnati
    - (****) RT Leon Young has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) DT Gerard Lindsey has committed to West Virginia
    - (****) FS Maurice Beverly has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #8 Oregon Ducks (4-1) ===============
    Last week the Ducks were idle.
    This week, the Ducks travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Ryan Taylor has committed to Boise State
    - (****) FS Chad Powell has committed to Oregon

=============== #5 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 24-14 against Ohio State (4-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Ann Arbor to face the #10 Michigan Wolverines (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Brian Dowdell has committed to Penn State
    - (****) RG Jeremy Green has committed to Penn State

=============== UCLA Bruins (4-1) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins travel to Tallahassee to face the #2 Florida State Seminoles (7-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Brandon Butler has committed to Stanford
    - (****) RT Preston Andrews has committed to Fresno State
    - (****) HB Chris Ingram has committed to Washington

=============== #6 USC Trojans (4-1) ===============
    Last week the Trojans were idle.
    This week, the Trojans are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #12 Virginia Tech Hokies (5-1) ===============
    Last week the Hokies were idle.
    This week, the Hokies will host Maryland (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Chris Cox has committed to North Carolina

Next ADV no later than WEDNESDAY at 10 pm EST

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Iowa 47
    Indiana 23

Iowa pounds the Hoosiers into the ground with backup HBs Hurd and Conley.

Iowa's offense was unstoppable on the ground behind the bruising style's of their two HBs. Hurd rumbled for 220 yards and 3 TDs on 26 carries while Conley added 72 yards and 2 TDs on 9 carries.

Indiana's lone big play came on a FB run in which their FB broke 5 tackles on his way to a 60 yard TD run (highlight on the wire, it's ridiculous.)

Other than that, there wasn't anything notable about this game. Indiana was outclassed in every way and Iowa moves to 5-2 on the season.

3. Hova

Florida St hasn't lost in forever! Let's go UCLA!!

4. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

haha, I was hoping no one had noticed ;) I think the streak is just over 20. I would have to check.

5. Hova

That bama sim screwed me. You 2 will pry run the table

6. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Yeah, it sucks that game had to be simmed.

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG] 17
    [​IMG] 22

This game was a hard fought Big Ten affair. Michigan started out slowly for the first three quarters on offense scoring on three Gibbons field goals. Penn State moved the ball fairly well on the ground and through the air in the first quarter scoring its first touchdown with 1:29 left in the first quarter. The key to the first half was Michigan keeping the game close thanks to three interceptions of Nittany Lion QB Bolden, two of which Michigan turned into field goals. Going into the locker rooms at the half Michigan lead 9 - 7.

In the second half Michigan's defense continued to play well but could not force Bolden into any further turnovers. The third quarter almost ended without a score but Penn State kicked a field goal as the quarter ended. The final frame followed the same hard hitting defensive script as the preceding three until Michigan QB Devin Gardner connected with Jerald Robinson to move the ball into PSU territory. Backup HB Hakim Taylor then crossed the goalline on a 4 yard run to push the score to 16 to 10 following the PAT. On the preceding Nittany Lion drive Bolden silenced the 100 thousand in attendance by connecting with his receiver across midfield and give the Nittany Lions a shot at victory. The go ahead score was twenty yards away but Bolden found himself facing a 4 and 10. Bolden not to be deterred found a streaking HB Goss up the middle of the Michigan defense as he crossed the goalline for an eventual 17 - 16 lead. Devin Gardner hooked up with Jerald Robinson for a 45 yard catch and run down to the Penn State 14 yard line, where Fitz Toussaint would break loose on the next play for a 22 - 17 lead. Bolden again would make it very interesting as he his one last heave down to the goalline was nearly caught by Kyle Goss.

Great game Bravejaf!!!

8. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Kentucky 13
    #18 Georgia 21

This was a sloppy game for the Bulldogs, but they came out with the home victory. Both lines played pretty horribly. Georgia has a bye next week before the annual rivalry game in Jacksonville against the Gaytors.

9. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Recruiting blows. Looks like I might end up with 3 :4stars: and all the rest at 3 or lower. #madpost

10. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

UCLA - 31
    #2 FSU - 28

This was the most amazing game I have ever played in this league and I had no problem with winning or losing at the end.

The first quarter was primarily dominated by UCLA as they had the ball for the majority of it during their first scoring drive capped of by an 8 yard run by new starting HB A. Barr. Florida State would get the ball finally but throw a quick pick to UCLA SS Stan McKay. UCLA was up 10-0.

The second quarter was completely dominated by FSU as they went on two scoring drives as UCLA's offense stalled out for the rest of the half. FSU HB Kevin Lester was a beast all game as he eluded tackles A LOT and grabbed first downs.

Halftime score: 14-10

After the half, FSU gets the ball but their offense stalls and gives the ball back to UCLA. HB A. Barr took a handoff for 49 yards all the way FSU's goal line and then FB Jayson Allmond scored the TD on a play action roll out from QB Byron Bray (While almost being sacked 5-8 yards back).

FSU would score on their following drive with impressive running and the passing of Star QB Scott Jones. He would eventually hook up with Victor Simpson for a 25 yard touchdown.

Score at the end of the 3rd: 21-17

UCLA would score on their next drive with an impressive run after-the-catch from freshman WR Mike Schroeder for 25 yards and a TD.

FSU would then attempt to milk the clock with an impressive drive and eventually put it in the score with their HB Lester. UCLA got the ball back, panicked, and threw an int on third down. The game seemed doomed with Lester in FSU's backfield.

However, after many first downs, UCLA's tough, young defense stopped the Seminole offense after a crucial holding penalty. With one timeout left, UCLA had to make it down the field in a minute-thirty. The Bruins put together a very impressive drive up the field with excellent short passing by Byron Bray and crucial catches by the WR core. Finally in the red zone, Byron Bray throws a strike to WR Richardson who NEARLY crosses the plane but ends up at the 1-yard line. With no more timeouts, the Bruins rushed to the line and with ONE second on the clock hiked the ball and threw a desperation pass to their very tall HB Anthony Barr who desperately hung on while being hammered to seal the win for the Bruins with no time left. (Videos are in the Dynasty Wire)

Great game, Ceewo. I hope to play you again in the future.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami 44

Ga Tech 24

Despite this game being a big win, it still pissed me off. Two of my three turnovers should have been reversed but thanks to EA giving the refs no logic when reviewing plays I lost out. The first was a fumble on a kickoff return where both knees and his back touched the ground before the ball got ripped loose but the refs said no, legit fumble :rolleyes:. Then another fumble, the receiver never caught the ball, bounced off his hands, lands on the turf and called a fumble, which Ga Tech recovers...play deemed unchallengable. FUCK YOU EA. Oh and an option team throws for around 400 yards on my defense, they barely ran the option. Anyway onto the summary. Our defense scored on two big turnovers and Young lead the day with 3 TD passes. Freshmen receivers Tremblay and Weber showed their worth once again as they both got 100 yards receiving and a TD each. Storm Johnson returned this week but did not carry the load, he still managed to squeak in a score of his own.

Miami continues to be one of those teams who will probably bounce between #20 and unranked at 5-3 (4-1). We still control our destiny in the ACC though.

Stats

J. Young 15/23, 301 yards, 3 TD

B. Tremblay 5 Rec, 103 yards, TD

B. Weber 5 Rec, 100 yards, TD

D. Fuller 8 Tackles, 4 TFL, Sack, FF, FR, FR-TD (Shaping out to be a worthy recruit)

Defense overall had: 4 FF, 3 FR, INT, 11 TFL, 2 TD, and 1 Sack

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Where the hell is Freshmen of the Year?? Don't we usually have something up before now?

13. Hova

lmao. Ya I will get up soon hopefully. Huge wins this week.

14. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Great Game Kzoo. Your play calling kept me on my heals all game long. I put this loss on the defense. I was not able to generate much of a pass rush which hurt. Side note, Chris Bush seems to be going through one heck of a sophomore slump. His freshman year he had 20 sacks, but so far only 5 this year. He has still put pressure on the QB, but just isnt getting there. On the game winning drive I thought I had it wrapped up when MLB Jeff Luc had an opportunity at an easy INT on a tipped pass, but dropped it. This ends FSU's winning streak at 23. Thanks Hova for jinxing it :)

15. Hova

Your Welcome :D, now whose gunna upset them elephants?

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

No one

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah those interceptions killed me. It also didn't help that my run game was completely ineffective. A change at HB is coming and I'm going with #3 HB Silas Redd. Dukes and Goss are higher rated but not nearly as skilled.

18. Hova

19. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I will get mine in tonight. I was having internet issues last night.

20. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Tennessee will.

21. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

"Tigers drop decision in Columbia"

This was one of the worst offensive performances of all time. After exchanging punts, SC put 3 up on the board and it was shortly answered by LSU to end the first quarter 3-3. In an all too typical SEC 2nd quarter, punts and turnovers ruled the day. However, C. Shaw was able to drive the field and throw a short score to Sanders to end the first half. LSU started the second half with a FG to cut the lead to 10-6. LSU thought they caught a break in the 3rd quarter when Marcus Lattimore was injured for the game. However, J. Giles entered the game and broke off a 61 yard power run to put LSU down 17-6. LSU then finally woke up on offense when Matt McDaniel completed a pass to Kendron Boone on a 70 yard TD pass. LSU coverted the 2 PT attempt to end the fourth quarter down 17-14. LSU's defense could not stop SC as they scored 2 fourth quarter TDs and took home the win 31-21. McDaniel went 21-47 for 375 yards and 2 TDs and an INT. Mike Ford could not get going rushing for 29 yards on 11 attempts. Kendron Boone led the way receiving with 3 receptions for 103 yards and a TD.