Legacy 2013 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 9. Only one user game this week so get that scheduled. You guys also need to calm down with these stats your getting in these blowouts as I look at the hiesman list.... You should not have over 500 passing yards with one guy in a BLOWOUT or 8 total TDs with one guy,cmonn lol. This is the final warning for everyone with that stuff. If you are blowing out the CPU put in the backups and handoff. I don't want to have to mess with sliders again. If I see this again players will be suspended for multiple weeks.

Alright...

Game of the Week:

#6 Michigan (Big Suge Knight) @ #24 Iowa (JCSpartan2)

Welcome to Week 9!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 62-6 against Ole Miss (2-4).
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host #13 Tennessee (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) LT Nate Martin has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #8 Florida State Seminoles (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State lost 31-28 against UCLA (5-1).
    This week, the Seminoles will host Maryland (2-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Jeremy Mayo has committed to Florida State

=============== #16 Georgia Bulldogs (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 21-13 against Kentucky (1-5).
    This week, the Bulldogs are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Eric Rice has committed to Georgia
    - (***) ROLB Robert Miller has committed to Georgia
    - (****) RE Terry Weber has committed to Georgia
    - (****) RG Brad Dockery has committed to Georgia

=============== #24 Iowa Hawkeyes (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 47-23 against Indiana (2-5).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #6 Michigan (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Calvin Reddick has committed to Iowa
    - (****) C Patrick Allen has committed to Boise State

=============== #23 LSU Tigers (4-3) ===============
    Last week, LSU lost 31-21 against South Carolina (5-2).
    This week, the Tigers will host Auburn (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB David Smith has committed to Kent State
    - (****) DT Casey Brooks has committed to TCU
    - (****) DT Benjamin Evans has committed to LSU
    - (****) C Jabari Mathis has committed to Utah
    - (****) LG Steve Smith has committed to LSU

=============== Miami Hurricanes (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 44-24 against Georgia Tech (3-4).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Chapel Hill to face the #14 North Carolina Tar Heels (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Chris Merritt has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (****) TE Brian Barnett has committed to Houston
    - (****) RE Terry Weber has committed to Georgia

=============== #6 Michigan Wolverines (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 22-17 against Penn State (5-2).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Iowa City to face the #24 Iowa Hawkeyes (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Curtis Richard has committed to Michigan
    - (****) LE Chris Cobbs has committed to Auburn
    - (****) LT John Everett has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) RT Sheldon Hall has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #7 Oregon Ducks (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 63-14 against Washington State (3-4).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Tempe to face the #21 Arizona State Sun Devils (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Kenneth Palmer has committed to Oregon

=============== #10 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Penn State lost 22-17 against Michigan (5-2).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) HB William Johnson has committed to Penn State

=============== #20 UCLA Bruins (5-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 31-28 against Florida State (7-1).
    This week, the Bruins will host Oregon State (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Wallace Allen has committed to UCLA
    - (***) RT Terrence Briggs has committed to Cal
    - (***) CB Andy Cook has committed to UCLA

=============== #4 USC Trojans (4-1) ===============
    Last week the Trojans were idle.
    This week, the Trojans travel to Stanford to face the Stanford Cardinal (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) LT Nate Martin has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #11 Virginia Tech Hokies (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 44-17 against Maryland (2-5).
    This week, the Hokies will host Boston College (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RG Brad Dockery has committed to Georgia

Next ADV will be hopefully at 1 pm EST friday. I am going to the pistons game friday so I will need to advance by then or it wont happen until saturday so shoot for earlier than friday!

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami 55

#14 UNC 21

Every single one of the Tar Heels TDs were cheap bullshit and do not deserve credit. I was on the verge of my first shut out and right before the 4th quarter they get two huge lucky passes and then no one decided to play coverage and let the receiver waltz into the endzone. The remaining two were similiar. BUT Young had a great day throwing for 6 scores. He took the load because I was still cautious about having Johnson run the ball alot, I have discovered injured players need to be babied for like 3 weeks or they get hurt again. But he did have a nice 31 yard TD run that included a broken tackle, a hurdle and a nice juke. The defense impressed me for 2.99 quarters until they fucked up, blowing their shutout. North Carolina did NOT deserve their ranking.

Miami becomes bowl eligible with this win at 6-3 (5-1) and should take the lead in the Coastal Division after beating the only team ahead of them.

Stats

J. Young 23/41, 350 yards, 6 TD (sorry if this was too many TDs...didn't read the first part til after I played..not like he does it every week though)

S. Johnson 17 Att, 111 yards, TD

B. Weber 7 Rec, 143 yards, 2 TD

D. Fuller 6 Tackes, 3 Sacks, FF

3. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Maryland 7
    Florida State 34

This game was much closer than the score would show. Scott Jones had a good game, but had a couple key mistakes that kept Maryland in it until the 4th. Jones threw an INT at the goal line and missed on about 5 wide open receivers, two of which would have been TD's, but we were forced to punt instead. It was only 20-7 headed into the 4th, but the defense stepped up and forced two turnovers. Both turnovers would be converted into a TD. The first was a 55 yard TD by Kevin Lester. Lester has gone over 100 yards in both his starts. We have decided to move Marks to the slot and play HB on shotgun plays. This allows us to get him the ball more in the open field. He just was not very good between the tackles. Lester on the other hand seems to love to run between the tackles, so this move has helped on the offensive side of the ball. Lester did lose a fumble in the redzone early in the game. The defense forced 5 sacks on the game, something that was missing in the loss to UCLA. It looks like Alabama was upset by the Volunteers, so maybe we will still get a shot to repeat. Its going to be an interesting end to the season.

4. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

AUB 26
    #23 LSU 28

"Tiger survive another thriller in SEC West battle"

Auburn struck first in this contest with a C. Moseley pass to Griffin just 49 seconds into the game. Auburn missed the kick, and it proved costly as they chased those points the rest of the game. After missing a 4th down conversion, LSU forced a turnover and Matt McDaniel completed a 45 yard pass to Kendron Boone for a TD. On the next drive Auburn answered on another Moseley to Griffin strike. LSU was able to take the lead again on a McDaniel pass to Wright. LSU took a 21-20 into halftime. The 3rd quarter was full of lots of defense. After several punts, LSU finally put a drive together and Mike Ford punched in a 3 yard run for a TD. Auburn answered with a Moseley pass in Brown, but could not convert the 2 point conversion. That would prove to be the difference as LSU's defense stood tall 3 times in the 4th quarter. LSU took home to 28-26 win. McDaniel had a good day going 19-34 for 299 and 3 TDs. Mike Ford rushed for 48 yards on 18 attempts and a TD. Kendron Boone caught 9 balls for 141 yards and 1 TD.

5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

The SEC is brutal this year. Where is the computer finding all this talent?

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Michigan 21
    Iowa 45

The Iowa defense had a HUGE game in this Big Ten showdown.

Coach JC and Suge once again battled to a 0-0 draw in the 1st quarter. QB Nick Richardson threw a rare INT as the quarter wound down while Iowa was driving, but the Iowa defense and young star SS Larry Hollis returned the favor on the very next play (on the wire)

5 seconds into the 2nd quarter, QB Nick Richardson hit TE CJ Fiedorowicz. Michigan would start driving again, but Larry Hollis quickly ended the threat with another INT of Devin Gardner (on the wire). Iowa would capitalize and move the ball into the Redzone in 3 plays. Nick Richardson capped the drive off by dodging a sack and scrambling 9 yards for a TD. Michigan would finally put together a complete drive and get on the board after a costly fumble by Iowa HB Andre Hurd. Austin White took a pitch to the outside for a 4 yard TD Run. Hurd would make up for his blunder by running over defenders on a 7 play drive capped by a 2 yard TD run to put Iowa up 21-7. Things were looking good in Iowa city, but coach Suge and Michigan weren't about to go away quietly. Gardner hit Jerald Robinson over the top for a 42 yard TD just before the half ended to pull within a TD. 21-14 Iowa at halftime.

Iowa didn't loose any momentum at halftime however as QB Nick Richardson completed a long TD pass of his own to open the 3rd quarter. WR Kevonte Martin-Manley snuck behind the Michigan defense who were clearly looking for the run and all Richardson had to do was toss the ball 40 yards for an easy TD (on the wire). The next possession was pure bad luck for coach Suge who took an option play off tackle with his QB who tried to pitch the ball to the HB standing 3 yards to his right. The pitch hit the HB in the chest and fell to the ground. SS/CB Carey Bell picked it up and ran it to the house for a TD to put Iowa up 35-14. Michigan responded with a huge TD pass to WR James Garrison who beat press coverage and had an easy 72 yard score. It wasn't enough however as Iowa methodically moved the ball down the field on their next drive, eating up a lot of clock, and capping it off with a 16 yard TD pass to Martin-Manley. 42-21 Iowa.

The 4th quarter saw a couple more INTs from Gardner (one more for SS Larry Hollis which is also on the wire) and a FG for Iowa as they simply ran out the clock.

@Big Suge Knight, GG Suge. It seems like the rolls just aren't going your way lately.

Key Stats:
    Iowa:
    QB Nick Richardson 11/17 275 3TDs 1INT 1 rushing TD
    HB Andre Hurd 25 carries 116 yards 1TD 1FL
    WR Kevonte Martin-Manley 3 catches 58 yards 2 TDs
    SS Larry Hollis 3 Tackles 1 Sack 3 INTs (dude is probably the best recruit I've ever signed in my entire NCAA career)

Michigan:
    QB Devin Gardner 8/16 217 yards 2TDs 5INTs 1FL
    WR James Garrison 1 catch 72 yards 1 TD
    WR Jerald Robinson 2 catches 65 yards 1 TD
    Ken Wilkins 5 tackles 1 sack 1 INT

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oregon- 54
    Arizona St- 24

The Ducks pulled away from the Sun devils attempt of an upset outscoring Arizona St 27-3 in the second half. QB bennett continues to put up heisman numbers with 445yds 3 TD in the air and another 26yds 3 TD on the ground. RB Seastrunks struggled in his return from injury after missing 6 weeks with only 34yds on 12 carries. Oregon hosts Arizona next week.

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Looks like #1 Bama falls to Tennesse, this will definately make the end of the season interesting and open up the door for the 1 loss teams....

9. Hova

CPU Pac-10 blows. Stanford used to hang. Let's see how they do this week.

10. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

#20 [​IMG] - 31 [​IMG] -13
    UCLA played incredibly flat throughout the first half of this match and looked to be a close contest

throughout for the upset-minded Beavers. However, QB Byron Bray (24/37 for 374 yards and 4

TDs) finally put together a calm, collective drive for a TD. The defense stepped up on following
    drives and kept Oregon State from keeping it close. The offense demolished the Beaver defense for
    the rest of the game as Bray connected with his star-riddled WR core for four TDs in the endzone.
    Star of the game was definitely SS Stan McKay for game-changing tackles and DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa for his 4 sacks. Honorable Mention: WR Mike Schroeder who kept the offense rolling with his 11 catches for 225 yards and a TD.
    (Note: The editor flips out and changes formats randomly when I inserted those images.)

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Only Penn State, USC and Va Tech left for the week already.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will play my game tonight after I play Hokie in T3.

13. Hova

Nice. I will play tonight when I get home from class. I will advance if the others are done

14. Hova

Looks like we will be advanced by 8 am. If you guys have a user game next week try to get it scheduled tonight. If you can play tomorrow that would be great before guys go out of town. I don't want to have a 5 day advance this weekand.

15. Hova

nevermind I am playing right now.

@cnic75 and @ajtev21 try to schedule your game for tonight or thursday because no way we will be able to wait around until monday night.

16. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I should be able to play tonight or tomorrow night after 10 central. Will that work?

17. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    They are going my way. Right over my ass.

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State and Illinois traded touchdowns in the first quarter and the game remained, but Penn State left with a 7-6 lead since the Illini missed the extra point. The second quarter is when Penn State would pull away. After the Nittany Lions kicked a short field goal, Illinois had a shot to reclaim the lead. Unfortunately for them Curtis Garrett picked off a pass for a touchdown. Penn State added a couple more offensive touchdowns in the second quarter and the game was essentially over. The Penn State defense was solid throughout but the offense is still trying to find an identity. The running game struggled in this game, especially Silas Redd who carried it 15 times for 18 yards. Ryan Goss had a much better game with 8 carries for 49 yards. He will get the start next week and Redd is bumped back down to the #3 spot. Robert Bolden had an efficient day at quarterback, completing 10-15 passes for 166 yards and 2 TD/0 INT.

Penn State 34
    Illinois 6

Offensive Player of the Game: Robert Bolden 10-15 166 yards 2 TD/0 INT; 4 carries 25 yards

Defensive Player of the Game: Curtis Garrett 2 tackles 1 interception 1 touchdown

First Quarter
    04:41 TD Penn State Jonathan Gray WR #83 8 yard pass from Robert Bolden QB #16
    02:20 TD Illinois Derek Jenkins HB #31 3 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    06:52 FG Penn State Jeremy Harrell K #5 22 yard field goal
    06:35 TD Penn State Curtis Garrett FS #22 20 yard interception
    02:59 TD Penn State Silas Redd HB #25 4 yard rush
    00:39 TD Penn State Devon Smith WR #20 26 yard pass from Robert Bolden QB #16
    Third Quarter
    04:26 FG Penn State Jeremy Harrell K #5 50 yard field goal