Legacy 2014 Con Champ Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in con champ week. 2 user games.

ccccc.png

Next ADV no later than SAT at 10 AM EST

2. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

:mad: was 24 seconds away from that Pac-12 title game.....

3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Good luck to all competing for a championship this year.

4. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Thanks man...about to play now.

5. Gyrene76

The first time I played V Tech, it went to 5 OT's

6. Gyrene76

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Georgia Tech Saves Their "Best Ball" for Conference Championship.
    Since starting 0-3, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets have surged to national prominence by not losing another game and reaching the ACC championship, with a perfect conference record. They would however, face the greatest threat to that record, as Virginia Tech came a hair's width from beating them. Georgia Tech defeated the Hokies in 5 overtime's to win their first game of the season - a week removed from their 'still' last loss.​
    Coach Gyrene conveyed his displeasure with the offensive play calling in their first match up. Particularly he was upset that they didn't play smash mouth football and throw nearly two to one in that first game. The game reflected this as the Yellow Jackets ran for a season high 300+ yards.​
    The thing that impressed all of the analyst the most was the defensive effort that the black and gold produced. It as by far the most all-around game they have played - and it's not even close. With a defensive touchdown and three turnovers, the Hokies never forced the Yellow Jacket offense into any pressure situations.​
    Georgia Tech is a long shot to get an invite at the National Championship. They would need Alabama to lose to Missouri in the SEC championship, and Colorado to lose to Washington in the PAC-12 championship to even have a chance. They then have to jump UCF in the BCS rankings. This may actually happen due to G Tech's strength of schedule. UCF had no game this week, and the Hokies were beat by 21 points, a Hokie team that is ranked 12th in the nation. This may prove favorable for the Yellow Jacket nation.​

7. Gyrene76

Why the restart?

As you all know, I am moving. My dad's is where I stayed tonight as I wait for my electricity to be turned on. He actually plays NCAA so I played his copy, but I took his xbox to the big screen and didn't use an HDMI, but an A/V.

Let me just say, the screen was so blurry and unformatted I could barely play. So in the first quarter, I messaged HovaTheGodMC on XBL and let him know and asked for a restart. He could see I was in the quarter number one, and was losing 3-0. I had the ball and it was my first possession. The Hokies kicked a field goal on their first drive.

"The more you know"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Not a big deal to me. Nice to see you pull it out though.

I've been sitting idle now for 3 weeks..... aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh :eek:

9. Gyrene76

Ha, thanks man. We have bowl games next week, so you can get your fill.

I hate how the end of the regular season goes. Some teams may have 3 byes in a row essentially.

10. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Pac 12 Championship

#21 Washington 14
    #3 Colorado 21

A very late night write up but here goes. Colorado finishes its remarkable season with a Pac-12 Championship in an ugly game by both teams that was decided in the final seconds of the game. The first quarter was pretty dull with the Buffaloes only scoring on a 40 yard FG (2:25) and Washington driving deep into the redzone only to throw an interception in the endzone. Colorado would do nothing with it.

In fact Colorado was intercepted in the endzone as well as QB Justin Jackson went deep to WR Keenan Canty in the slot, but the FS made a great user play and pick. This second quarter was even worse than the first until a third down late in the quarter saw Colorado turn the ball over. Jackson read heavy blitz and went to his receiver on the out route, only to have it read perfectly by the one guy out there who promptly intercepted it and scored (0:56). The Huskies would have a 7-3 lead at the half.

Both teams would trade possessions in the third quarter until Colorado made a couple of big plays and conversions on a drive that saw HB Tony Jones punch the ball in from 3 yards out (2:03) to take a 10-7 lead.

In the fourth quarter a Washington interception may have lead to a Buffalo FG (can't remember) from 42 yards (4:50) to extend the lead to 13-7. Washington then proceeded to have a soul crushing drive and they methodically went down the field. Chewing up time as they went and looking sharp on offense the Huskies marched all the way down the field and QB Cyler Miles hit WR Kasen Williams on an 11 yard TD (0:28). The extra point put the Huskies up 14-13 with only 28 seconds left. Colorado did have all of their time outs but things looked really grim. Especially knowing that cyborg Josh Shirley was looking to add to his 3 sacks. Washington kicked it deep with the 15 mph wind and KR D.D. Goodson knew time was short as he caught it six yards deep. He took it out anyway. Catching a couple of great blocks right away from his guys Goodson blew through a hole in the wall of defenders and raced 106 yards for the TD and a 19-14 lead with 18 seconds left in the game! Colorado went for two and Jackson converted the attempt on a pass to WR Tyler McCullough to put the lead at 21-14. Washington's hopes were dashed on the ensuing drive when Myles was picked off and Colorado was able to kneel out the last 9 seconds.

The Buffaloes stay in the National Title hunt but will need a win by #13 Missouri over #2 Alabama in the SEC championship to have a real shot as #1 Texas sits securely in the top spot.

GG Raidernation.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

.......... D.D. Goodson :mad:

12. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Holy crap, what a game. An ESPN instant classic.