Legacy 2014 Season Kickoff

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 1. No user games this week.

Game of the Week:

#2 Oregon (Cnic75) vs #13 Wisconsin

Next ADV no later than FRI at 9 PM EST

Good luck to all and lets get this thing back on a rollll! 12 users. Here's to a glitch free season!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kaen

Kaen Walk On

Sweet, I get back from Kansas late Thursday night, so I should be able to get my game in then.

3. Hova

512A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_bPO.jpg

#20 Michigan 37
    Boise St 20

Michigan started off the season with a big win over Boise St. Freshman QB Jones started off fast throwing 2 TDs and getting UofM on top quick. He would falter however though and throw 4 straight INTs in the game, allowing Boise to crawl back in it. Michigan would then go to the strength of thier offense, HB Rawls, who rushed for over 200 yards and 2 TDs putting the game away for the wolverines. A great performance by the early season hiesman favorite. Michigan heads to the swamp next week for their first huge road test.

4. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Texas 13
    Ohio State 31

The Buckeyes started the year on a roll. True freshman Alvin Malone brought back the opening kickoff 99 yards for a TD. The Buckeyes also had big plays from QB Braxton Miller, WR Verlon Reed, and HB Rod Smith for TDs. The new look Buckeye offense looked pretty good on this day in the 'Shoe. The defense needs some work. There were far too many missed tackles.

5. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Washington 63
    Hawaii 21

Neither team could be stopped in the first half, but in the second half the Husky defense stepped up and shut down the high powered Hawaii passing attack. Nick Montana looked much like his father going 20-25 for 452 and 5 scores. Deontae Cooper led the rushing attack totaling 119 yards and 2 scores.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Georgia 48
    UNC 7

As expected the defense and running game were solid. HB Malcome started a little slow but he wore down the defense. This resulted in big plays late in the game. New starting QB Matson was surprisingly good in his debut. He completed 13 of his 16 attempts. His lone turnover was a pick early in the third quarter. In the first half he was nearly unstoppable, passing for 3 touchdowns. On defense the stars were similar to last season. Defensive end Morant had a huge game with 3 sacks while CB Marshall picked off a pass. As a team UGA had 6 sacks in this game.

Georgia's next game will be much more challenging. The Bulldogs travel across the country to take on USC. The Coliseum crowd will be wired for this battle of top 10 teams.

7. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

#9 Iowa 52
    Iowa State 9

Back up TE Jerold Williams was forgotten by the Cyclone defense today as he put up 85 receiving yards and 3 TDs to lead the Hawkeyes to the Cy-Hawk trophy once again. HB Bo Keller put up 135 rushing yards and a TD and back up HB Damon Bullock added 83 rushing yards and a TD. Both teams had kick returns for TD's in the second quarter as well.

8. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

[​IMG]

Notre Dame 26​
    Michigan St 18​

South Bend, IN -- Notre Dame got off to a great start for the 2014 season by beating Big 10 rivals Michigan State in a game the Irish dominated despite the score line. The Irish controlled the game going for 466 total offensive yards led by running back George Atkinson who rushed for 164 yards on 25 attempts. Sophomore running back Frank Pierre had his first carries for Notre Dame rushing for 87 yards on 8 attempts.​

Sophomore QB Reggie Williams had a decent outing going 9 for 20 for 123 yards 1 TD and 1 int. Many of the incomplete passes that Williams threw were on Irish receivers. Notre Dame kicker Drew Freeman was perfect on the day going 4 for 4.​

This should be an exciting season for the Irish as a lot of youth are stepping into starting roles this season. Coach Kelly added, "it's nice to see some of the kids you had a hand in recruiting going out there and getting the job done. We were pissed last season and we're heading into this season with a chip on our shoulder. We want to win the national title, that's our goal. However, we're going to take it one game at a time."​

The next team on the list for the Irish is Penn State.​

Play of the Game:​
    WR Davaris Daniels -- 76 yard pass from Reggie Williams​

9. bsbgw1

bsbgw1 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bama blows out #18 NC State. The tide's defense was overwhelming, causing 5 interceptions and 4 sacks.​

[​IMG]

Philip Sims had a couple passes on the money as well.​

[​IMG]

Next up:​

[​IMG][​IMG]

Alabama heads to Gainesville to take on the #14 ranked Gators.​

10. Hova

11. Kaen

Kaen Walk On

I'm flying home right now. I'm gonna try and get it in tonight, but tomorrow morning at the latest.

12. Hova

FNG... haha

13. Kaen

Kaen Walk On

Ha, I haven't played in a week. The computer would probably play better than me anyway.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

UCLA 26 UCF 7

Game was closer than the score says, but 14 points in fourth quarter helped UCLA wrap this one up. Jordan James led the way with 160 yards anda 2 scores- he will be expected to lead the offense this year- without a doubt. The defense was right where I wanted them, only giving up 148 total yars and forcing a turnover (which was returned by CB McFadden for the final score of the game and the icing on the cake).

Passing game needs to improve probably, but if we can run for 160 yards a game with James I like our chances.

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

sorry for the wait also--- fkkin cod..

16. Hova

We may never advance once I get skyrim in 4 hours

17. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I hope we advance soon. I will be going out of town tomorrow evening and not returning until Sunday evening. uncleho what is the earliest you can play tomorrow?

18. MoonBBad

19. Hova

Just waitin on Kaen let me know when you are done and I Will advance. I will be on all day

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will be on the PS3 all day, picked up Skyrim on that system. I don't need to change discs this way. :)

21. MoonBBad

Everyone is obsessed with this game. I don't know if I want to devote my life to it... But it does look interesting.

22. Kaen

Kaen Walk On

[​IMG]

Florida - 41 @ Georgia Tech - 0. Florida's defense was the story of this game, allowing only 115 yards of total offense for Georgia Tech, grabbing 4 turnovers and never allowing Georgie Tech to even get into field goal range. Red Shirt Freshman DE, Derek Johnson, was the biggest surprise recording 2 sacks with RS Sophomore SS, Travis Bell, adding another sack as well. These young players will continue to be looked to for similar contributions in the upcoming season.

As for the offense, they came out of game sputtering in the first half, contributing two field goals. Things really began to gel starting with the second half with Johnny Cummings leading the way recording 151 yards and 2 touchdowns. WR AC Leonard also had 131 yards receiving with a touchdown. Florida's offense has it's challenges to address with Jeff Driskel recording two interceptions and the offensive line allowing five sacks.

Hopefully, Florida can get these issues addressed in the coming week before Michigan comes to town. Michigan won't be as forgiving of the sloppy offensive play exhibited in today's game.