Legacy 2014 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 11. Two big user games this week so get those threads up asap. Keep up the good pace.

Games of the Week:

#2 USC (HovatheGodMC) @ #2 Oregon (Hokie Effect)

#6 Alabama (Cnic75) @ #17 LSU (dukebball632)

Two huge conference games for Conference title hopes. Major BCS implications as well.

Welcome to Week 11!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #6 Alabama Crimson Tide (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 62-7 against Mississippi State (2-8).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Baton Rouge to face the #17 LSU Tigers (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Brad Webb has committed to Florida State
    - (****) LG Brandon Simmons has committed to Penn State
    - (***) CB Brian Merrill has committed to Alabama
    - (***) LE Darrell Arnold has committed to Alabama
    - (****) TE Edgar Cannon has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) MLB Derek Cole has committed to Alabama

=============== #12 Florida State Seminoles (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 63-24 against NC State (1-8).
    This week, the Seminoles will host #22 Clemson (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Michael Huff has committed to Florida State
    - (****) RT Brad Webb has committed to Florida State

=============== #14 Georgia Bulldogs (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 38-0 against Kentucky (5-4).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Auburn to face the Auburn Tigers (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Brian Merrill has committed to Alabama

=============== #23 Iowa Hawkeyes (5-3) ===============
    Last week the Hawkeyes were idle.
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Northwestern (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Nick Cutler has committed to Iowa

=============== #17 LSU Tigers (6-2) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host #6 Alabama (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB John Madison has committed to LSU

=============== Miami Hurricanes (2-6) ===============
    Last week, Miami lost 62-35 against Virginia Tech (5-3).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Winston-Salem to face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Mike Wood has committed to Miami

=============== Michigan Wolverines (5-4) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 49-33 against Northwestern (3-4).
    This week, the Wolverines are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Derrick Royal has committed to Michigan
    - (***) ROLB John Madison has committed to LSU
    - (****) FS Adam Petty has committed to Boston College
    - (****) QB Nate Morales has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) WR Jeremy Garrett has committed to Utah

=============== #3 Oregon Ducks (9-0) ===============
    Last week the Ducks were idle.
    This week, the Ducks will host #2 USC (8-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Jermaine Lucas has committed to Oregon
    - (****) TE Martin Burns has committed to Oregon

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (9-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 44-21 against Purdue (1-6).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Madison to face the #4 Wisconsin Badgers (8-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #15 UCLA Bruins (7-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 31-10 against Cal (4-4).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Stanford to face the Stanford Cardinal (3-5).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Chris Carter has committed to UCLA

=============== #2 USC Trojans (8-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 49-20 against Arizona (2-5).
    This week, the Trojans travel to Eugene to face the #3 Oregon Ducks (9-0).

=============== #19 Virginia Tech Hokies (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 62-35 against Miami (2-6).
    This week, the Hokies travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Chris Douglas has committed to Virginia Tech

Next ADV no later than TUESDAY at 10 AM EST

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I wonder if the winner will leap PSU.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Probably not since I beat #4 Wisconsin this week, just barely I should add

4. Wick36

Ah, didn't see that.

5. Hova

What was Wisconsin rated?

6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Wisconsin was undefeated and ranked #4. Wisconsin hasn't played Iowa yet, either.

7. Hova

Check out this video from NCAA 09, I wont 6 titles in a row with Iowa St. This was the best WR I ever had in NCAA and he was a 4 star

8. Hova

You can post EA videos now btw

9. Hova

wtf it posted a totally different video

10. Wick36

lol, jerzey's video from the site stuff thing.

11. abolishthefed

You're playing an Iowa State receiver in the backfield in a Michigan uniform? Sounds like cheeze to me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. abolishthefed

#14 Georgia 52
    Auburn 31

This game was closer than the score would indicate. Auburn still uses dj391's settings, and the defense was blitzing like crazy. A blitzing defense doesn't fare well against an accurate QB. So Zach Brown threw for 386 yards and 4 TD. Jr WR Matt Tyson caught 7 balls for 138 yards and a TD. Sr HB Ken Malcome ran for 116 yards and a TD and needs only 7 yards to eclipse 1,000 for the season.The defense's play was troublesome, giving up almost 500 yards.

Georgia has a bye week and then #2 ranked USC comes into Athens to play.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami - 45

Wake Forest - 14

Miami tastes victory again, something seldom this season. The Canes had 6 points on the board within the first 6 seconds of the game as Wake coughed up the ball on the opening kickoff and the defender scooped and scored. It wouldn't be long before Miami was taking a 21-7 lead into halftime where Coach Masler told them to not back down and keep the tempo going. Young would throw for two more TD's in the second half while DE Kurt Clemens would scoop up a fumble by the WF QB and take it 63 yards to the house, making it two TD's in the opening 2 minutes of the second half. The remainder of the game would be very conservative as Miami went on cruise control only scoring 10 more points while the Deacons scored only 7 more.WR Bass would sit out the remainder of the game due to injury so Blake Tremblay stepped into his place and took control, snatching 2 TD passes.

Victory is still nothing to smile at yet until our column shows 6-6. It is going to be a tough remainder of the season as LSU still sits on our schedule, hopefully the home crowd will help us out that game. Coach Masler commented on the season:

"It's definitely been a rough season but I think we can still make a bowl, a few of these kids will be leaving after this season so I'd like to get them out on the field one last time in December. I think we have what it takes to beat West Virginia at home and then Virginia the following week. The game that will put our season on the line will be vs LSU. At this point I want to see our record at 5-7, no worse but 7-6 would be a nice way to ride into the offseason. The rumors about my resignation are not true, I spoke with the AD and they have no intentions of letting me go after one bad season. But I am going to have to make the next couple good or I'll end up like Rich Rodriquez..."

14. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Will get my game in tomorrow morning-ish.

15. Hova

F!ckin D/Cs

The score was

USC 48
    Oregon 45

With 1:45 left, I had the ball on his 48, 2nd and 8 and we got D/C. The game was nuts, tons of huge plays and crazy highlights. Our defenses sucked like usual. We quit and replayed the final scenario. I got the 1st down and kicked a FG and won so he quit and I supersimmed the rest for the W. Sucks it had to end like this, it was a classic battle in our rivalry. WR Prater had a MONSTER game and an insane TD he caught with 1 had on 3rd down but that highlight is lost forever. Baxter had some great goaline runs as well, think he had 3 total. GG Hokie

16. Wick36

Damn.

17. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Yeah it was an epic battle with lots offense and big plays. I don't think Hova and I have played a game yet w/o getting a disconnect. I should have just conceded, it would have been nice to have those stats and highlights. But I was so concerned about trying to beat USC for the 1st time. This makes it 2 years in a row that I had the lead and lose it in the second half due to turnovers. GG Hova, looking foward to next years meeting....

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State 13
    Wisconsin 10

The Nittany Lions' defense had to hold down the fort because the offense barely showed up in this game. Aside from a big TD pass from Bolden to Redd the game was a struggle for Bolden and the other offensive members. Bolden completed 7 of 20 passes and the backups didn't fare much better. The running game was even worse with only 24 yards on 20 carries. The turnover battle was also won by Wisconsin, 3-0. I have no idea how we won this game to be honest. No matter how ugly the win, Penn State clinches the Big 10 championship and at worst goes to the Rose Bowl. Right now the team is still focused on getting to the BCS Championship, but they need wins against Michigan State and Florida State.

First Quarter
    02:55 FG Penn State Jeremy Harrell K #5 43 yard field goal
    Second Quarter
    02:05 TD Penn State Silas Redd WR #25 63 yard pass from Robert Bolden QB #16
    Third Quarter
    04:16 FG Wisconsin Donald Covington K #3 20 yard field goal
    00:25 FG Penn State Jeremy Harrell K #5 20 yard field goal
    Forth Quarter
    01:14 TD Wisconsin Tre Powers WR #2 5 yard pass from Paul Hawkins QB #6

19. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 41
    LSU - 30

Alabama used the ground game to control the outcome in this SEC battle. The Crimson Tide wanted to keep the high powered LSU offense off of the field and they did for the most part. Alabama ran the ball 34 times for 200 yards and 3 TDs. Freshman Joey Taylor led the way with 170 yards on 26 carries and 2 TDs. Adam Brown added 38 yards on 7 attempts and 1 TD. This ground attack helped Alabama win the time of possession battle 17:49 to 10:11. Ryan Horn had another efficient game going 7 for 10 for 104 with 1 TD and 1 interception, which came on a hell mary to end the half. Nathan Givens led the defense with 8 tackles 1 TFL) and a forced fumble. Cedric McCoy added a sack to his team leading total.

Alabama should now have a clear path to the SEC title game for a rematch with Georgia.

20. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Clemson 13
    Florida State 41

This was a close game at the half with FSU leading 10-6. But in the 2nd half QB Scott Jones and his receivers got hot. Jones would finish with 391 yards and 4 TDs. Dent and Simpson would both have over 100 receiving yards. Kevin Lester would finish with over 100 combined yards and a pair of TD's as well. Next week we renew our rivalry with in-state rival Florida.