Legacy 2014 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 11. 2 user games this week.

Next ADV No later than THURS at 10 PM EST

2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Georgia Tech Wins Six Straight
    The Yellow Jackets have an "unhealthy affinity for drama" says Coach Gyrene at his post-game presser. He has seen his team win six straight, and none of them are what one would call 'a comfortable win'. "This is a tough conference. I'm not hired to accumulate style points. I was hired to win ball games. A 2-0 win, is as good as a 21-3 win. It's a "W".
    Well a win is what they got. The first score for Georgia Tech silenced the Seminole crowd, when Jerridith Jiles returned a kickoff for 95 yards. This is the first special teams score of the year, and this was Jiles second game at kick returner. Coach Gyrene felt his speed and agility was too valuable to be setting the bench on kickoff returns. He was right.
    The game was back and forth after that. The Florida State Seminole team is easily one of the most talented teams in the nation (A+ overall), and it showed. Still, the Georgia Tech team showed grit, when they fielded a punt with a 1:12 on the clock. The black and gold drove the ball down the field and scored a touchdown to put the game out of reach.
    Next week is the biggest game of the year when they face conference powerhouse - Maryland Terrapins coached by HovaTheGodMC.
    [​IMG]

3. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    35-7 Cavaliers
    [​IMG]
    Cavaliers Keep ACC Coastal Hopes Alive
    We came out in this game with a new mindset, we are 0-0 on the season. We have five goals left this season, and one of them was taken care of this week against NCST. To make it to the ACC title game, we had win this game, and go on to win three straight road games against: Duke, Miami, and Virginia Tech.
    The defense played great and only allowed 20 yards rushing, and gave up only 7 points. A key part of our offense success was surrendering no turnovers on the day, and getting good production from our Freshman QB Carl Fields in the redzone, particularly running the football, which he has rarely done for us. Fields had 63 yards on the ground including 2 TD's and also threw for 175 yards and 1 TD. HB Kevin Parks had another impressive day with 115 yards rushing with 2 TD's and gaining close to 8 yards per carry.
    We will try to play mistake free football again, as we travel to the unfriendly confines of the Duke Blue Devils. One goal down, 4 to go.

• Like Like x 2
  4. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

#7 Colorado 18
    UCLA 14

The Buffaloes get the win on the road in unusually inclement weather in L.A. even with a poor offensive showing. The Bruins used two big running plays (68, 25) to score their points and their defense played very well most of the game defending their side of the field. Colorado ran the ball at will, until they crossed the 50 yardline, then the whole offense bogged down and we had to settle for 4 FGs. HB Tony Jones also coughed up the football on the two yard line as he was heading into the endzone, he ran for 175 yards but was held scoreless. Down 14-9 late in the game Colorado finally got a TD on a 9 yard pass from QB Justin Jackson to WR Rich Mayes to go up 15-14 (1:39). The two point conversion failed and UCLA got the ball back. UCLA QB Brett Hundley made his only mistake of the game on the next drive, throwing a high floater that was intercepted by Colorado CB Josh Moten. Colorado ran the ball three times to make UCLA burn timeouts and kicked the 29 yard FG to seal it with 0:39 left in the game.

5. Gyrene76

I read
    8-14 at first! It seems all my games have been tight. I think it's my 3-3-5. A 3-3-5 defense is better against human opponents because you can deceive them, but the CPU already knows my play, so it's pretty pointless, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  6. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

They know your play no matter what formation on either side of the ball. lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gyrene76

Yeah I know, but what I'm saying is the 3-3-5 strength is disguse. The 4-3 is just a straight up base defense. The strength there is just having a strong front 7 and making plays.

The 3-3-5 is weak to the run, unless you blitz. But if you know the blitz is coming then it easy to gash with the pass. 4-3 as a base is good against run and pass.

8. Gyrene76

not saying 4-3 is perfect, every defense has a weakness.

9. Gyrene76

2:50 minutes from advance.

10. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

North Carolina 13
    Washington 7

In rainy Chapel Hill, with many key recruits visiting North Carolina finds a way to win 13-7. This game was all defense. QB Marquise Williams was very efficient going 20-29 for 224 with a TD and an INT. With the TD pass, Williams now owns the school record for TD in a season. Romar Morris had 64 yards on 12 carries. Reggie Wilkins had 6 receptions for 80 yards and TJ Thorp had 5 receptions for 76 yards. There were two telling themes from this game that factored into the ouctome; drops and Red Zone defense. The two teams combined for 8 drops. In the redzone North Carolina was 3-4 with two FGs and a fumble. North Carolina twice had 1st & Goal from the 3 yard line, only to come away with 3 points. Conversely, Washington was unable to get into the redzone. The Huskies lone score came on a 96 yard TD pass late in the 4th.

The Carolina defense played easily its best game of the year. With the exception of the long TD pass, Carolina shut down the pass game as the Huskies were 10-25 passing for the day with a TD and INT. The Husky ground game was non-existent as the Husky HB had only 17 yards on 8 carries.

North Carolina looks to jump in/shake up the ACC title picture when they take on the Hurricanes in primetime football next week.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gyrene76

That would have been a fun game to watch.

12. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    38 - 24
    Cal get's into offensive shoot-out and outlasts pesky Utah team

Cal struggled to shake off Utah throughout the game due to the ability of Utah's offense to convert third downs. The Cal defense anchored by LB Dan Wilkerson (2 tack) watched as Utah converted 7/11 third downs often times fooling the defense in short yardage plays with completed passes. There were a lot of dropped interceptions by the Cal defense. Coach Fmode was expecting a better effort by his defense with an enormous match-up next week against Colorado uncleho for the Pac-12 South title and a chance to play in the Pac-12 Championship game against Washington Raidernation. Cal has already been in Seattle and won this year already and Washington would love a chance for redemption.

The highlight of this game was Cal RB Daniel Lasco going over the 1,000 yard rushing mark for the season. Lasco has himself another solid game with 24 carries for 101 yards 1 touchdown and 1 reception for a 48 yards that he took to the house for a touchdown.

HovaTheGodMC and Maryland have the only USER RB with more yards - Jutus Pickett with 1057 yds. Lasco currently is at 1036 yds for the season.

13. Gyrene76

Good stuff man. Cal just keeps winning - Got a big match up next week with uncleho.

14. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Yes I would ....... But it doesn't look good for us.

15. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

We need a stat for the times you switch to a receiver and he does nothing as the ball hits him in the head, chest, side or back .... I have now seen everything SMH .

• Like Like x 1
  16. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Penn St ( dj illmatic 23 )- 13
    at
    Wisconsin ( GMONEY 15 )- 12
    This was without a doubt one of the ugliest games I have ever played. Quite honestly both G and I played so poorly that neither of us deserved to win. I came into this game with zero confidence. I have been getting my butt kicked in my Madden leagues and had lost 4 of my last 5 user games. The only user game I won, I won because of a punt return, a kick return TD, and another punt I returned to the 1 yard line. In all my games, I have been unable to complete any passes. Before G and I played, I just had my ass handed to me in a Madden game in which I threw 5 picks. Needless to say, I was resigned to the fact I would lose this game.

Wisconsin came out and moved the ball down the field deep into my territory twice, however I picked off passes both times to keep him off the scoreboard. On the second pick I was tackled on the one. On third down from about the two, I hit the X button without thinking. I was still in Madden mode, and I was trying to skip the Gameflow and go straight to the play call screen. I inadvertently called a play by doing this. I kept telling myself to call a timeout, but I'm an idiot. Wisconsin tackled me in the endzone for a safety, after my FB decided he wasn't going to block anyone. I'm thinking, here we go again:(

My defense kept me in the game, and it looked like I might go into the half down 2-0. However, Wisconsin moved the ball down the field and scored on a 1 yard TD run by their FB with 40 seconds left. I made matters worse by giving the Badgers the ball right back, and they tacked on a long FG to make it 12-0 at halftime. My offense could not move the ball at all. It seemed like I couldn't even move the ball forward when Wisconsin committed defensive penalties. The running game, which is my strength, was nowhere to be found. My HB finished with 29 yards on 9 carries.

I entered the second half wondering if I would even score. I knew I was going to lose the game, but I didn't want to get shut-out. That's just embarrassing. Neither team did much the entire third quarter. Finally, I tacked on a FG to end the third quarter to make the score 12-3 going into the fourth. I still had no illusions about winning the game. I was just happy I wasn't going to get blanked. I got the ball early in the fourth and finally completed a couple of passes. My QB finished the day 6-17, and I believe 3 of the completions came on this drive. That set up a 17 yard TD to my TE to pull to within 2. Honestly, I still didn't think I would win. I figured he would get his offense clicking one more time to seal the game. I came up with a pick on Wisconsin's next possession. This set up a 33 yard FG to take the lead. The Badgers had just under 3 minutes to go, and I figured he'd kick a FG for the win. His kicker has a cannon for a leg, so he didn't have to travel to far. Wisconsin started to move the ball, but my defense came up with a big sack, and the Badgers could not move any closer to victory again.

This was a crazy game. I still can't believe I won with the offensive numbers I had. I've never been the past at passing the ball, but lately I feel I'd do better playing blindfolded. If I don't break out of this funk soon, I'm going to lose. Hell, it may be the CPU that kicks my butt.