Legacy 2014 Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 12. 2 user games this week.

Next ADV no later than SAT at 10 PM EST

2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Georgia Tech Gains Momentum After a Tough Win
    The Terps traveled to Atlanta to face in conference foe, Georgia Tech. The game began as a complete defensive struggle. As both teams went scoreless in the first quarter. Things soon changed, when Maryland's kicker, Michael Hart, hit an impressive 49 yard field goal to take a 3-0 lead.​
    The Maryland defense didn't make it easy on Georgia Tech, as Darius Kilgo dominated the Yellow Jacket offensive line, and stalled two consecutive drives with a big sack. After a third consecutive punt, the Terrapins then scored the first touchdown of the game when Justus Pickett ran it in from the one yard line.​
    Maryland forced another punt, and the frustration in the Georgia Tech team showed as they were forced to punt again. The defense finally stepped up big as Tony Montana threw a pick and gave the home team life.​
    Senior Quarterback, Synjyn Day drove his team down the field and threw a two yard touchdown to Jeff Greene to make the score 10-7 going into halftime. ​
    The third quarter was much like the first, as neither team scored, but freshman quarterback Tony Montana struggled heavily at the hostile crowd throwing four interceptions. ​
    With a 10-7 lead entering the fourth quarter, the Georgia Tech offense finally broke through scoring two separate touchdowns - a second Jeff Greene touchdown reception and a one yard quarterback sneak from Synjyn Days. ​
    The Maryland Terrapins are a very tough team with an extremely strong front seven; and when freshman quarterback Tony Montana progresses into the player he is capable of being, it will be a very tough team to stop.​
    The Yellow Jackets have now one eight straight, after dropping their first three games and are a shoe-in for the ACC championship game.​
    GG HovaTheGodMC - you are a tough opponent.​
    ____________________________​
    [​IMG]
    ____________________________​

• Like Like x 2
  3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Big win for Georgia Tech. Congrats.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gyrene76

Thanks man

Hova is sick usering the DT. He destroyed my line in this game, and when he usered Suh in TMFL :)

5. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

#6 Colorado 17
    #25 California 13

Oh good lord. Turnovers were the key in this defensive game where neither offense was good. California was able to get on the board first late in the first quarter with a 23 yard FG (2:38) after a drive stalled out. Colorado wouldn't mount a decent drive until they intercepted a Cal pass in the endzone to stop another chance at points.

The Buffaloes would go down the field and get into the endzone on a HB Tony Jones 4 yard TD run (5:10) in the second quarter. That score was setup by a 78 yard option keeper by QB Justin Jackson. Colorado would get another FG near the end of the half, a 21 yard kick (0:40) after another interception by the Colorado defense I believe. The Buffaloes would take a 10-3 lead into the locker room at the half.

Neither team would do much of anything in the third quarter until Jackson started throwing interceptions. I hit the wrong receiver on the first one, wanting to zip it into a hook, I instead threw it on a line deep and it was picked on a good play by the corner. Cal would use the opportunity to go right down the field and and get into the endzone on a 1 yard TD run (0:06) left in the third quarter to tie the game at 10-10.

Jackson would throw two more interceptions in the fourth quarter when the Buffaloes had something going, both on good plays by the defender, Cal had to punt on the first turnover after taking a massive sack that knocked them out of FG range. The second one they worked the clock well and went down to the goal line and came out of it with a 33 yard FG (0:26) that almost sealed the game since Colorado had no time outs left. Almost. Jackson needed three plays, the first a deep out to WR Rich Mayes who caught a diving reception for a first down but didn't get out of bounds. Hurrying up to the line Jackson called a deep throw knowing they needed yardage quickly. Fortunately for the first time all game WR Tyler McCullough had a step somehow. He caught the ball and almost brought it into the endzone gaining 62 yards, getting tackled on the 4 YARD LINE! Hurrying down and blowing the spike hurry up call having not used it in forever, Jackson called some slants instead of the running play originally picked. Snapping the ball with 3 or 4 seconds left in the game he found Mayes again in the slot on his route who got open in the middle on a LB I think for the game winner with no time left on the clock!

Jackson and the offense struggled in this game, he went 9/16 167 YDS 1 TD 3 INT, and Jones had 11 CAR for 24 YDS and the TD. Rich Mayes caught 4 passes today for 62 YDS and the game winning TD. California's defense was really good today and I feel like we got away with one here that we probably shouldn't have.

GG Fmode11

6. Gyrene76

Heck of a game guys.

7. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    45-42 Cavaliers​
    17 points in the final 4:41 saves a disaster​
    My frustration with this game against Duke can not be put into words. Our offensive line decided not to show up (6 sacks and 1.6 yard per carry on 34 attempts), Duke broke more tackles than any team that I have ever played. There was so many missed assignment in our pass defense that it was almost laughable. If we hadn't hit so many big plays Duke would have run away with this one. The only bright side to this game was that we did win and we only have two more wins from another trip to the ACC championship game. ​
    Things don't get any easier as we travel to Miami (Fla) to take on a top 15 Hurricane team. During practice this week we will inform our players that we are not in fact playing flag football. ​

8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

That was a an awesome battle. I am furious with the deep coverage in this game. That is the second time this season I have lost on TD passes to end the game. What is ironic, knowing you didn't have any timeouts and the clock was running, I assumed you would try and run the ball in. I blitzed two CB's and the MLB and somehow you got it to the slot WR cutting in. CRAZY !!!

9. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

[​IMG]vs[​IMG]
    This game went back and fourth til the final whistle with a combine 49 points scored in the second quarter alone, you'd think this was a basketball game with pads on. After halftime the third quarter the scoring subsided and defense emerged as the theme. A 5 yard TD by Oregon St was the only trip to the end zone. In the fourth Washington finally made a trip to pay-dirt on a run by Sankey, making it a two score affair. After a few back and fourth turnovers the Beavers drove down field in the final seconds of the game, down by 9, they needed some divine intervention to pull out the win. Instead on fourth down they ran into the freshman phenom Tom Davis who made an outstanding stop on the five yard line, turnover on downs, the game is over.​
    Screen Shot 2012-10-06 at 3.58.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-06 at 3.59.36 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Iowa ( CPU )- 15
    at
    Penn St ( dj illmatic 23 )- 31
    In an ugly, turnover filled game, Penn St overcame 7 turnovers by coming up with 6 takeaways of their own to defeat the Iowa Hawkeyes 31-15. PSU QB Paul Jones threw 2 TD's, but had 5 interceptions as well. HB Bill Belton provided the steadying influence as he rushed for 119 yards and a TD. The game was never close as the Nittany Lions scored 28 unanswered points in the second and third quarters to control the game throughout. Penn St goes into a big showdown against Michigan St not feeling good about their offense. They have turned the ball over way too much the last few games, and could be ripe for an upset.