Legacy 2014 Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 14. We have about FIVE user games this week so get those threads up asap so we can knockout this season. Make sure somebody posts a summary as well.

Games of the Week:

#13 UCLA (Face PlantCity) @ #1 USC (HovathegodMC)
    #4 Alabama (Cnic75) @ #15 Iowa (JCSpartan2)
    Michigan (Big Suge Knight) @ #16 Va Tech (I Wictorious I)
    #19 LSU (Dukebball632) @ Miami (Maslerboros16)
    #9 Florida St (Ceewo) @ #2 Penn St (BraveJaf)

All huge games with BCS implications. Masler is fighting for a bowl spot as well.

Welcome to Week 14!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #4 Alabama Crimson Tide (10-1) ===============
    Last week the Crimson Tide were idle.
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Iowa City to face the #15 Iowa Hawkeyes (8-3).

=============== #9 Florida State Seminoles (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 27-14 against Florida (8-3).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to University Park to face the #2 Penn State Nittany Lions (11-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Justin Smith has committed to Notre Dame
    - (***) CB Will Harrison has committed to Florida State
    - (****) RG Jonathan Miller has committed to Texas Tech
    - (***) WR Kevin Holland has committed to Florida State
    - (***) CB Mark Johnson has committed to Tulane

=============== #17 Georgia Bulldogs (9-3) ===============
    Last week, Georgia lost 35-28 against USC (11-0).
    This week, the Bulldogs are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Michael Maxwell has committed to Virginia

=============== #15 Iowa Hawkeyes (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 49-28 against Minnesota (3-8).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #4 Alabama (10-1).

=============== #19 LSU Tigers (8-3) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 35-6 against Arkansas (4-7).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Miami to face the Miami Hurricanes (5-6).

=============== Miami Hurricanes (5-6) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 45-31 against Virginia (5-7).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host #19 LSU (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Travis Stephens has committed to UCF
    - (***) WR Cliff Mueller has committed to Auburn

=============== Michigan Wolverines (6-5) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 52-21 against Ohio State (7-2).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Blacksburg to face the #16 Virginia Tech Hokies (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS John Peoples has committed to Michigan

=============== #5 Oregon Ducks (10-1) ===============
    Last week the Ducks were idle.
    This week, the Ducks will host Oregon State (6-4).

=============== #2 Penn State Nittany Lions (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 41-17 against Michigan State (5-6).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #9 Florida State (9-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Lionel Whitaker has committed to Kansas State
    - (***) RT Jason Anderson has committed to Penn State

=============== #13 UCLA Bruins (9-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 56-35 against Washington State (4-6).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Los Angeles to face the #1 USC Trojans (11-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RG Kenny May has committed to Oregon State
    - (***) FS Terrell Crenshaw has committed to Stanford

=============== #1 USC Trojans (11-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 35-28 against Georgia (9-3).
    This week, the Trojans will host #13 UCLA (9-2).

=============== #16 Virginia Tech Hokies (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 50-47 against North Carolina (7-4).
    This week, the Hokies will host Michigan (6-5).

Next ADV no later than WEDs at 10 AM EST

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Our game doesn't really matter for either team, but I'm pumped.

3. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

I will just never defeat Hova. Too much speed.

(I'm taking the Jet's complimentary approach on this one)

4. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

FSU 17
    PSU 10

Florida State traveled to Happy Valley hoping to end the Nittany Lions title hopes. Defenses ruled this game and FSU's defense set the tone early. We had a pair of INT's in the opening quarter to help the Seminoles to a 14-3 halftime lead. Kevin Lester got nothing going on the ground, averaging only 1.2 yards per rush on the day. Scott Jones had an average day stat wise, but was a monster on 3rd downs. In the first half I beleive we went 6-6 on 3rd down conversions. Many of them were 10 yards or longer due to no rushing game. Penn State would get withing a score when they scored midway through the 3rd quarter. FSU would push the lead to 7 early in the 4th with a FG. Late in the game, PSU had forced a punt hoping for a last minute drive. But the returned would mishandle the catch and it would be recovered by the Seminoles. Penn State would get another chance later, but it was horrible field position and they turned it over on downs.

I was proud of the way the defense played, especially the young guys. We held the talented Nitanny Lion offense to 182 yards of total offense. FR CB's Nash and Graves both recorded INT's and Graves recovered the fumbled punt.

GG Jaf. FSU next plays VT in the ACC championship game.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah your defense was tough. My receivers are usually pretty quick but they got no separation. Your pass rush also caused a bunch of problems and that is probably the main reason I could not get my passing attack going. Very good game Ceewo, you earned this win. The third down conversions early in the game really put me in a hole and my offense wasn't good enough to dig out my team.

6. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 27
    Iowa - 14

Things did not start off well for the Alabama defense. Iowa took the opening drive 81 yards in only 4 plays. Fortunately, they settled down and did not allow another score until late in the 4th quarter. Joey Taylor was again the star of the game. Iowa kept him in check early but he was able to still reach the 100 yard mark. He finished the day with 108 yards on 16 carries and 1 score. TE Joe Parker led the receivers with 78 yards and 1 TD. Cedric McCoy added 2 sacks to continue to lead the Alabama defense. Nathan Givens returned from injury and had a big day. He had 3 tackles, 1 forced fumble and he returned another fumble 81 yards for a TD.

Here is a highlight that I think needs to go on a highlight video. It was 4th and 11 and JC fits the ball between two defenders. His WR then puts a spin on the safety and he is off for the score.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/63292312

7. Hova

#1 USC 38
    #13 UCLA 14

USC takes down UCLA at home in the annual rivalry game. The USC offense was overpowering led by Baxter who had 166 yds rushing. QB Stanley also had a great game throwing for 3 TDs and rushing for one. 2 TDs were caught by the standout WR Kyle Prater. The UCLA QB missed alot of passes and was intercepted a few times, overall the defense played a great game for USC. GG Kzoo. USC now has won their 5th straight pac-10 title and are once again headed to the BCS national Championship for another shot at the Trophy. We should be healthy going into the game.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Well Hova more than likely wins another title. I believe Utah or TCU or some other BCS buster is going to get in championship with my loss.

9. Hova

Boise St is most likely going undefeated

10. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

GG Hova. My backup QB was not doing so well. However, even when he did throw well the WRs just didn't attempt to even catch it. It was furstrating. I knew I was going to lose (my team is pretty eh right now) but I was sad to not be competitive whatsoever.

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

GG dude. Those two fumbles I had in the red zone killed me early and I couldn't get anything going for the remainder of the game against that defense.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Three points end Miami's Bowl hopes
    Miami - 42
    #19 LSU - 45
    LSU started off this game quickly with a 3 and out but wouldn't let that bother them as they took the next play to the house on a pick 6, putting them up 7-0 over the Canes. Miami struggled on offense once again, punting back to LSU who would go down the field to go up 14-0. Coach Masler charged him team up for a quick rally that made the score 7-14 after the first quarter. The second quarter was a slug fest as the scoring went straight to the wire as Coach AJ decided to go up 14 instead of up 10, this would pay off later in the game.​
    In the Miami locker room during half time: "Let's go out there and prove we can put up a fight! Think December boys!"​
    Miami would take these words seriously and came out to start the second half with 7 points and make it a game once again. This would make the score 28-35. This time the Tigers would drive down but be forced to kick the Fg and go up 38-28. The next drive for Miami would find the Tiger coverage would breaking down and allowing WR Christian Green to snag a 77 yard TD pass that would put Miami down by just 3. LSU would drive all the way down the field but get stopped in the backfield. After a slight pause to start the 4th quarter, Coach AJ decided to punt the ball away instead of going for it. His punt would pay off as Miami would get downed at the 4 yard line. A quick pass later would put the Canes at the 20 yard line with a bit more breathing room. The Canes would then drive all the way down the field and throw a short TD to Demarcus Bass and give Miami the first lead of the game making the score 42-38. Unfortunately LSU was given way too much time to work with and they would use excellent clock management (unlike their predecessor Les Miles) and score the nail in the coffin with 5 seconds left on the clock. Miami would get 2 seconds to make a miracle happen but the Prevent defense stopped any chances.​
    Miami ends this disappointing season 5-7 (4-4). If EA happens to glitch we will end up in the New Mexico Bowl but since EA seems to have it out for me, don't count on it. Jamar Young probably played him final game for Miami finished the season with over 5,000 passing yards, 48 TD's and two 1,000 yard receivers. We could have had three, but Green was about 60 yards shy.​
    Great Game aj, at least I put up something of a fight.​