Legacy 2014 Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 4. We have one user game this week so get that thread up. Keep up the nice pace.

Game of the Week:

#13 Georgia (Abolishthefed) @ #2 Penn St (BraveJaf)

Next ADV will be no later than FRIDAY at 1 PM EST

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I need to figure out how my team keeps upsetting Alabama when I miss the game.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State 24
    Georgia 20

After upsetting Alabama in week 3 the Nittany Lions beat another SEC team in week 4. Georgia and Penn State traded touchdowns to open the game but the defenses would take control for the next two quarters. In the second quarter Penn State and Georgia traded field goals and the score remained tied going into half. The big plays came in the fourth quarter. Georgia made a 4th and inches stop on Penn State inside the Georgia 15 yard line. The Bulldogs then drove down the field and kicked a field goal to take a 3 point lead. Penn State tried to strike quick but the long pass by Rob Bolden was picked off. Georgia could have put the game away but gave it back on a fumble. This would come back to hurt them as Penn State offense finally got going. Bolden hooked up with Silas Redd for a 43-yard TD. On the next drive Georgia was moving the ball but another fumble gave the ball back to Penn State. Bolden went for the jugular and found HB Kyle Goss for a 20-yard TD on 3rd down and long. The 11-point lead wouldn't hold long as Georgia marched down for a TD. They elected to kick deep but could not make enough stops to get the ball back. Bolden made a nice pass to get about 15 yards and Bolden then ran for another first down to seal the victory.

MVP of the game goes to Bolden who is starting to shine in his senior season. He could have crumbled after the interception but he hung tight. He threw for 3 touchdowns and 272 yards. The run game was non-existent so he was the entire offense in this game. On the defensive side of the ball the difference was the 3 fumble recoveries and 4 fumbles forced. Georgia QB Zach Brown passed for 295 yards and HB Ken Malcome added 54 yards on the ground.

GG Bsta, you had some tough breaks on those fumbles and my last TD was also a little lucky.

Highlights on Dynasty Wire (Penn State)

First Quarter
    05:01 TD Georgia Matt Tyson WR #84 12 yard pass from Zach Brown QB #12
    02:33 TD Penn State Keith Crowell WR #87 9 yard pass from Robert Bolden QB #16
    Second Quarter
    06:51 FG Georgia Ira Washington P #8 43 yard field goal
    00:55 FG Penn State Jeremy Harrell K #5 23 yard field goal
    Forth Quarter
    06:55 FG Georgia Ira Washington P #8 39 yard field goal
    05:41 TD Penn State Silas Redd WR #25 43 yard pass from Robert Bolden QB #16
    02:48 TD Penn State Kyle Goss HB #31 20 yard pass from Robert Bolden QB #16
    01:40 TD Georgia Michael Bennett WR #82 22 yard pass from Zach Brown QB #12

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG] 17
    [​IMG] 24

The Wolverines played host to the Fightin' Irish and sent their guests home with an L in the loss column. Devin Gardner and the fofense were outgained by Notre Dame 328 - 437 but only committed one turnover to keep itself in the game. On the other side of the ball, DE Jordan Evans and SS T Perkins each tallied two sacks in the game, at critical moments in the game to end Irish drives. Next week Michigan jumps into the Big Ten schedule as it takes on Wisconsin at the Big House.

5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I think there is some kind of conspiracy theory against my team in this dynasty. In my last 5 human games, my team has recovered 0 fumbles, yet my opponents have recovered 7 and my players drop balls 3 to 4 times more than my opponents.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

The one fumble was entertaining because my defensive back laid a big hit on your receiver and then got up to recover the fumble. That highlight is also on Dynasty Wire.

7. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

That play looks so weird on the dynasty wire.

8. Hova

USC 35
    Washington 21

USC had a huge day on the ground with 274 yards rushing. Baxter had 117 for 3 TDs and Vickers added 133 with backup duty. I have a great pic on the wire saved of Baxter getting backflipped into the endzone for a score. WR Kyle Prater also had 2 big TD receptions in the win. The defense struggled at times but made key turnovers to keep the momentum in Trojan favor throughout.

9. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Wow. Not only did I get beat in the sim but I lost my starting QB for the season to a Dislocated knee.

10. Hova

Penn St always beats Bama on sim, but Bama always blows out USC on sim

11. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 28
    Arkansas - 14

This one was a lot closer than it should have been. Turnovers were the main reason for this. Alabama had 4 total to Arkansas' 0. The Crimson Tide relied heavily on the run once again due to an inaccurate quarterback. They gained a total of 257 yards on the ground. Freshman Joey Taylor led with 120 yards on 19 carries and 2 TDs. Adam Brown went for 75 yards and 1 TD. Quarterback Ryan Horn added 62 yards on 13 carries. He also only completed 10 passes for 117 yards with 1 TD and 2 interceptions. The Defense was once again led by Cedric McCoy. He added another sack to his team leading total.

12. Hova

Says EA servers are down

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

UCLA 7
    Iowa 24

Iowa beats up on the Bruins in true Big Ten style.

In the 1st quarter, Iowa opened the game with an impressive running attack behind Marcus Coker and put up the first points of the game on a Coker TD. The defense then forced a quick UCLA 3 and out to reclaim the ball. Coker and the Iowa offense again marched right down the field and tacked on another Coker TD to take an early 14-0 lead.

The 2nd quarter was all defense. Both QBs tossed up a couple INTs but neither offense was able to capitalize. The score stayed 14-0 at halftime.

The third quarter started with another INT from UCLA's QB Byron Bray (SS Mike Cochran's 2nd INT on the day). Iowa finally capitalized on a turnover and tacked on another Coker TD to go up 21-0.

The 4th quarter opened with a Iowa FG after a long time consuming 12 play drive to put Iowa up 24-0. UCLA would finally get on the board on their next possession on a 77 yard TD pass to Mike Schroeder, who completely burned the CB Payne in coverage. Iowa was able to get a couple more stops and milk the clock out to win 24-7 and move to 3-0 on the season.

Key Stats:
    Iowa-

QB Nick Richardson 13/15 223 yards 2 INTs
    HB Marcus Coker 31 carries 190 yards 3 TDs

UCLA-
    QB Byron Bray 11/20 240 yards 1 TD 3 INTs
    WR Mike Schroeder 6 catches 150 yards 1 TD

14. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

#20 LSU 45
    Miss St. 0

LSU dominated this SEC WEst battle as the Bulldogs found tough sleding in Baton Rouge. Matt McDaniel had another great game opening with 4 1st half TD passes. Josh Joseph, senior, caught 3 of them. Joseph had a slow start this season, but finally seems to be coming into his own. LSU was up 28-0 at the half and it appeared as if MSU had nothing left. They didn't. LSU controlled the Miss. St. offense with multiple sacks from pre-season All Americans JC Copeland and Will Holley. Jakahri Gore added the final TD in the 3rd quarter to make it 42-0 and he finished with 85 yards rushing. McDaniel was 21 for 32 with 348 yards and 5 TDs. Josh Joseph made his claim for player of the week with a 133 yard 4 TD perfomance. Next the Tigers travel to Athens, GA for an interdivision matchup with the University of Georgia.