Legacy 2014 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 6. 4 user games this week so get those scheduled.

Game of the Week:

#7 Michigan St (Gangsta) @ #8 Northwestern (Juggs)

Next ADV no later than TUES at 7 PM EST

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hova

Maryland 28
    Miami 51

Miami remains undefeated after destroying us. I have never seen the CPU play like this in my life. The secondary was insane diving like superman knocking every pass down or making insane diving INTs, you could not pass anywhere plus the pressure was nuts. QB Montana was sacked EIGHT times and hit 50 more and threw 4 INTs. We gave up atleast 2-3 fumbles as well. There was nothing we could do to this Miami team.

3. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Yup sounds about right see Washington summary ......... Que dem slidaz Home Boi !!!

4. Hova

I smashed the U the first 2 seasons, I dont get it

5. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

It happens sometimes, like my bowl loss to Clemson a couple years ago, when they beat me 76-50something. I wouldn't get too worried about it, though I would be angry as well.

6. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

That game against V Tech was insane. They seemed unstoppable, but things changed after I got a fumble recovery in my red zone....barely squeaked by. I like the sliders this tough...because people can lose....will lose.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

LEGACY WEEK 6 GAME OF THE WEEK

Big 10 powers #7 Michigan State and #8 Northwestern collide in Ryan Field

[​IMG] at [​IMG]

The Week 6 game of the week comes from the Big 10 as 7th ranked Michigan State travels to Ryan field to take on the 8th ranked Northwestern Wildcats. Michigan State comes into this game feeling pretty good about their chances in this one. They are 4-0 and defeated a strong Washington Huskie team 2 weeks ago in East Lansing 42-17.They are led by QB Conner Cook who is playing near perfect football this season. He has 15 td passes and only 1 interception during the entire season. He has 4 guys on the Spartan roster that has at least 13 receptions and 2 td's each. The running game is led by Jeremy Langford. They also have a stout defensive unit as well.

Connor Cook
    Quarterback | Front runner for Big 10 player of the year.
    [​IMG]
    Home Mason, OH
    Height 6-4
    Weight 220
    Year Junior (R)

PASSING
    Comp Att Yds TD Int
    77 100 1230 15 1

Northwestern comes into this game with a 2-1 record. they went to the Horseshoe in Columbus Ohio and knocked off the very strong Ohio State squad in a wild game 38-34. In the game QB Trevor Siemian threw for 221 yards and 2 td's and Treyvan Green rushed for 126 yards and a TD to lead the Wildcats to victory. The Wildcat QB's threw to 7 different receivers in this game. In order for Northwestern to have a chance at this one, they would have to play some great defense and get that crowd at Ryan Field to make some noise during this game.

Trevor Siemian
    Quarterback | Trevor needs to step up his game as the Nation will be watching this ESPN game of the week. He needs to play mistake free football.
    [​IMG]
    Home Tallahassee, FL
    Height 6-3
    Weight 210
    Year Senior (R)

PASSING
    Comp Att Yds TD Int
    47 73 660 5 4

This is a battle of 2 Top 10 teams with good coaching. Which coach will make the right calls on the defensive side of the ball. We here at GMONEY TV expect a low scoring game. We brought in 2 guests from the ESPN Studio who have thoughts about this game. Mark May and Lou Holtz. Let's see what there predictions are.

Mark May: " Michigan State comes into this game 4-0. However, it's their first road game against a top flight team. yes they went to Iowa and spanked the Hawkeyes but that doesn't mean anything as Iowa is on a down year. Coach NYJuggalo45 may have a couple of trickery plays up his sleeve for this one. Expect the sold out crowd to be going Nuts and the Northwestern team to feed off this and come away with a tough 24-21 OT victory.

Lou Holtz: " There you go again Mark. I don't know what kind of dressing they put on your hot dog. I think you have lost your mind once again in your prediction. The Michigan State coach Gngsta4Lyphe That QB from Michigan State has thrown 15 td's with only 1 pick the entire season and they way they play smash mouth defense it's not even going to be close. Michigan State will win this game 20-3.

Well get yourself a good seat for this one as it will be a dandy. Brent Mustberger and Bob Griese will call the game from College Station for ESPN Saturday 8pm EST, 7pm CST. J,Lo The Big Booty Hoe will be on loan from GMONEY TV to be the sideline reporter for ESPN during the game. She will be covering the Northwestern sidelines and Special Guest reporter Angie Dickinson will be covering the Penn State sidelines.

[​IMG]

Ex Spartan Coach Mark Dantonio

[​IMG]

Ex Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald

Good luck to both coaches in the game. :D:);)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Gyrene76

Good stuff gmoney

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

awesome write up GMONEY 15

If we play anything like we did vs Colorado, expect Mich St to blow us out. Hoping for a much better effort

10. GMONEY 15

#4 WISCONSIN BLAST NEBRASKA 45-16

However the win proved costly, they lose start RB Melvin Gordon for 2 weeks with an injury.

First Quarter
    2:56 TD [​IMG] Wisc Jeffrey Lewis HB #22 8 yard TD (Kyle French K #94 kick)
    1:42 TD [​IMG] Wisc Ken Felder CB #47 54 yard TD (Kyle French K #94 kick)
    Second Quarter
    3:43 TD [​IMG] Wisc Vonte Jackson HB #9 2 yard TD (Kyle French K #94 kick)
    0:48 FG [​IMG] Wisc Kyle French K #94 28 yard FG
    0:11 TD [​IMG] Neb Keith McNeal WR #84 11 yard TD from Brion Carnes QB #15 (2-Pt failed)
    0:02 TD [​IMG] Wisc Isaiah Williams WR #8 75 yard TD from Joe Brennan QB #11 (Kyle French K #94 kick)
    Third Quarter
    4:48 TD [​IMG] Neb Zach Taylor HB #38 3 yard TD (Mauro Bondi K #37 kick)
    2:53 TD [​IMG] Wisc Sherard Cadogan FB #86 1 yard TD (Kyle French K #94 kick)
    1:10 FG [​IMG] Neb Mauro Bondi K #37 46 yard FG
    Fourth Quarter
    6:38 TD [​IMG] Wisc Vonte Jackson HB #9 10 yard TD (Kyle French K #94 kick)

Melvin Gordon
    Halfback | Injured in the 2nd QTR and will miss 2 weeks. That includes a very tough road trip to Northwestern at Ryan field in Evanston.
    [​IMG]
    Home Green Bay, WI
    Height 5-11
    Weight 209
    Year Junior (R)

[​IMG] # Nebraska 0 6 10 0 16
    [​IMG] # Wisconsin 14 17 7 7 45

11. Gyrene76

Tough injury there for you, but a good win.

12. GMONEY 15

Yeah that sucks big time. he's going to miss mu USER game against Northwestern. Good thing is that I do give my other backs carries during this short season so far. They are not that bad but I will miss Gordon s speed big time.

13. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Penn St Continues to Roll Over Minnesota
    Penn St ( dj illmatic 23 )- 30
    at
    Minnesota ( CPU )- 7
    The Penn St Nittany Lions defeated Minnesota Golden Gophers in a game that was a lot closer than it could have been. The Nittany Lions marched down the field on the opening drive, but were forced to settle for a FG. On Minnesota's first play from scrimmage, PSU CB Jason Jordan intercepted a pitch on an option play and returned it 19 yards for a TD. The Golden Gophers were not able to sustain a drive all day, and spent the rest of the half punting. Penn St had no problem moving the ball, but could not cash in with TD's. PSU put two more FG's on the board in the second quarter to go into the half up 16-0.
    The second half was more of the same. PSU moved the ball easily, but mistakes continued to cost them. Meanwhile, Minnesota got pleanty of practice punting the ball. The Nittany Lions finally scored an offensive TD when QB Paul Jones hit WR Alex Kenney for a 28 yard TD. PSU would add another FG in the fourth to make it 30-0. Penn St pulled their starters to give the second string some experience. The defense gave up a 64 yard TD run to HB Donnell Kirkwood to make the final score 30-7. The win makes Penn St 5-0 and 2-0 in the B1G. They host Auburn next week.
    Offensive Player of the Game
    Penn St WR Alex Kenney
    4 catches/ 71 yards/ 1 TD
    Defensive Player of the Game
    Penn St LB Bryson Armstrong
    4 tackles/ 2 sacks
    Play of the Game

14. Gyrene76

PA Post on the Cover 2 - zing!

15. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I didnt realize Cook was doing so well. Just trying to spread the ball around.

16. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

[​IMG]vs[​IMG]

#15 Colorado wins a tough one at home in Boulder today in the conference opener against #19 Arizona State, 27-17, with a great fourth quarter by the Buffaloes. This match-up is always a game about ball control and not committing turnovers as points always seem to be at a premium and this year was no different. Arizona State marched methodically down the field on their opening possession, chewing up half the quarter and getting the first TD of the day. QB Mike Bercovici had decades to throw the ball all day it seemed and that was the case on this play when he hit WR Richard Smith for a 19 yard TD pass (3:37). Colorado would answer with its own solid drive that saw one third and long conversion, a leaping catch by WR Tyler McCullough in double coverage that kept the drive alive.

The Buffaloes would tie the game up on the first play of the second quarter as QB Justin Jackson hit WR Pete Walker on a 10 yard TD (6:56) pass in the back of the endzone. This is where the Colorado defense started to have trouble keeping up with the Sun Devil offense. Arizona State turned the ball over via interception here I believe, giving the Buffaloes the ball almost in the redzone (could have been in). Jackson threw his own pick on the very next play and gave it right back to the Sun Devils. Arizona State then used a very balanced attack and drove down the field and scored another TD when Bercovici hit WR Clayton Lester over the middle on a wide open in route over the middle of the field for an 8 yard TD pass (3:23). The Buffaloes were forced to punt on their next possession and that set up Arizona State, who used the opportunity to tack on 3 points right at the end of the half (0:00).

Down 17-7 at halftime, and with neither side of the ball looking all that great, Coach Kallsen really challenged his team in the locker room to turn it around in the second half. Fortunately they responded, the offense was able to get the first score of the second half on an 8 yard TD pass from Jackson to McCullough (3:36) to cut the lead to 17-14. Colorado was then able to get the ball back and move down the field, the drive stalled out though and they had to settle for a 36 yard FG as time ran out in the third quarter.

Tied 17-17 in the fourth quarter Arizona State woke up and looked like they did in the first half, moving down the field with their balanced offense, keeping Colorado guessing. The Buffaloes tightened up a bit around midfield and put the Sun Devils in a third and eight situation. They had been hitting these distances all night to basically any receiver. This time however, Colorado OLB Woodson Greer found the Sun Devil pass over the middle and returned it 58 yards for the defensive TD (4:49) and the first Colorado lead of the ball game. Now down a score Arizona State picked up the pace and started moving down the field again. The Buffalo defense came up big again, grabbing another Bercovici pass, giving the ball back to the offense. Jackson led the conservative drive and was able to put up 3 as K Will Oliver drilled a 45 yard FG (1:03) to make it a two possession game. Arizona State would eventually turn the ball over on downs and CU was able to take a knee at the end.

GG abolishthefed, these games always seem to be a chess match.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gyrene76

Great write up Uncleho...this just might be your year man. No pressure ;)

18. Gyrene76

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The North Carolina Tar Heels traveled south to play the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in ACC Play. North Carolina came into the game favorites to win. Mostly due to the 0-3 start that Georgia Tech blundered through and the Tar Heels being 5-0 on the season. Coach gwill would not allow his football team to come in with a big head. It was a heated battle from the beginning. ​
    Georgia Tech deferred and played great defense on the first drive forcing the Tar Heels to an early punt. The Yellow Jacket offense took advantage and drove down the field scoring a touchdown with quarterback Synjyn Days from the 1 yard line. North Carolina quickly responded in the 'tough-to-stop' Air Raid offense, traveling 70 yards down the field to score and tie the ball game up. Georgia Tech scored twice more, to the Tar Heels one touchdown in the second quarter. The score at the half: Georgia Tech 21 - Tar Heels 14.​
    The North Carolina stepped up in the third quarter preventing a score, an tacking on a field goal to make it a 21-17 game. However, the Georgia Tech efficiently moved the ball down the field in the 4th quarter to take a 28-17 lead. This lead proved to be insurmountable. The Tar Heels did score, but when they needed a stop, the Yellow Jackets drove the ball down the field to the one yard line and kneeled the ball three consecutive times to run the clock out.​
    These teams may be seeing each other in the ACC Title, as both played very well. North Carolina drops to 5-1 on the season, and Georgia Tech shows a spark with two straight victories over undefeated teams. ​
    _________________________________________________​
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I like the graphics with the teams, whered you get it or did you photoshop that?

20. Gyrene76

Thanks man, it's actually our very own TEClemson53 website. He actually made it for TSO I believe, but check it out:

http://www.freewebs.com/teclemson53/

• Like Like x 1
  21. Gyrene76

btw, those particular logos are under the 'banners' link.

22. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    24-14 Eagles
    [​IMG]
    Deflating Home Loss​
    We turned the ball over in the twice in the red zone, one which Boston College CB James McCaffrey returned a fumble 93 yards for a TD. Carl Field also threw three INT's. One of which was returned to our own 10 yard line which the Eagles punched in on two plays. These mistakes is what allowed Boston College to shock an already struggling Cavalier team 24-14. We had 11 more first downs and 160 more yards than Boston College but were unable to capitalize when we needed it the most.

How far will this team continue to slide is a common question on campus after a demoralizing loss like this. If they do not turn things around in a hurry this team could be watching the bowl season from home. After a 10 win campaign only a year ago, people thought this program was heading in the right direction but they have a long way to go after the showing this week.

On the bright side, the Cavaliers have a big game next week on the road at #11 Clemson. A win in this game could give us some confidence as we look to salvage a young season.

23. Gyrene76

tough loss Will. You'll get this turned around. Just don't do it when you play me! :)

24. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

I think everyone is ready to advance HovaTheGodMC ....I neeeed a redemption game tonight! I really hope I can get it turned around before my recruiting becomes more shitty than when I took over.

25. Gyrene76

Great job guys! Everyone is greened up already! Atta baby...