Legacy 2014 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Now into week 9, two user games this week so get those threads up. Keep it comin guys.

Games of the Week:

#4 Alabama (Cnic75) @ #8 Florida St (Ceewo)

#18 Iowa (JCSpartan2) @ Michigan (Big Suge Knight)

Welcome to Week 9!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #4 Alabama Crimson Tide (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 42-7 against Tennessee (2-5).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Tallahassee to face the #8 Florida State Seminoles (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Marcus McKinney has committed to Alabama

=============== #8 Florida State Seminoles (6-1) ===============
    Last week the Seminoles were idle.
    This week, the Seminoles will host #4 Alabama (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Jake Johnson has committed to Florida State
    - (****) QB Zach Jackson has committed to Florida State
    - (****) TE David Collier has committed to Pittsburgh
    - (*****) C Scott Duckett has committed to Florida State
    - (****) HB Bryce Whitaker has committed to Rutgers

=============== #14 Georgia Bulldogs (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 45-21 against Arkansas (2-5).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host #20 Florida (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Jason Reid has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) DT Ross Miller has committed to Iowa
    - (****) LG James Ward has committed to UCF

=============== #18 Iowa Hawkeyes (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 38-23 against Indiana (3-3).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Ann Arbor to face the Michigan Wolverines (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) DT Travis Scott has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) QB Patrick Brooks has committed to Miami
    - (****) CB Blake Moss has committed to Cincinnati
    - (****) RT Jeff Robinson has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) LT John Morales has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) DT Ross Miller has committed to Iowa

=============== #17 LSU Tigers (5-2) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host Vanderbilt (0-8).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Travis Johnson has committed to LSU
    - (****) WR George Ostrander has committed to LSU

=============== Miami Hurricanes (2-4) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 52-26 against Georgia Tech (3-3).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host #19 North Carolina (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Travis Johnson has committed to LSU
    - (*****) QB Patrick Brooks has committed to Miami

=============== Michigan Wolverines (3-4) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 31-13 against Penn State (7-0).
    This week, the Wolverines will host #18 Iowa (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Thad McNair has committed to Boston College
    - (***) SS Richie Causey has committed to Cincinnati
    - (***) SS Steven Lilly has committed to Ole Miss

=============== #3 Oregon Ducks (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 55-29 against Arizona (2-3).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Stanford to face the Stanford Cardinal (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Reggie Logan has committed to Oregon
    - (*****) DT Arthur Barron has committed to Oregon

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 31-13 against Michigan (3-4).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Illinois (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Steven Love has committed to Penn State
    - (****) ROLB Marcus McKinney has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) DT Travis Scott has committed to Ohio State

=============== #15 UCLA Bruins (5-2) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins travel to Tucson to face the Arizona Wildcats (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB Darrell Kearney has committed to UCLA
    - (****) LE Stephen Butler has committed to Purdue
    - (****) WR Josh Madison has committed to UCLA

=============== #2 USC Trojans (7-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 38-7 against Oregon State (3-2).
    This week, the Trojans are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Matt Dykes has committed to USC
    - (*****) C Scott Duckett has committed to Florida State
    - (*****) LG Jesse Holiday has committed to USC

=============== #24 Virginia Tech Hokies (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 48-38 against Duke (2-5).
    This week, the Hokies travel to Chestnut Hill to face the Boston College Eagles (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:

Next ADV no later than THURSDAY at 6 PM EST

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Virginia Tech 41
    Boston College 31

Two TDs by BC late in the game made this game closer than it seemed.

Weber had an awful day throwing the ball. Pretty much anything over the middle or downfield was an overthrow.

To make up for this performance Rodgers had a good play on the ground, and the Hokies scored back to back pick 6s.

Next Week, the Hokies play the Miami Hurricanes. Tech may be in trouble if Hicks is unable to go.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami 42

UNC 43

This game was a load of shit. I couldn't save ANY replays, not even a normal TD. There was a case where my receiver caught it in bounds but the refs called it out and not a TD. And then another case on UNC's final drive where the receiver caught it, spun, his foot went out but they called it in bounds as he ran for another 20 yards. Then their kicker hits a 52 yard field goal while iced. Lost one of my better defenders for the season on torn Achilles and Blake Weber is out for 2 weeks with broken ribs. I'm not foreseeing a bowl for this team, maybe not even another win. Guess I can only beat Georgia Tech and Duke, the only two teams worse than me. There are rumors the Athletic Director has put out a classified for my position...

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State 34
    Minnesota 0

The offense didn't have a good day with Bolden tossing a couple picks, but the defense was very strong. Minnesota QB Miles Osei completed 19 of 32 passes but managed just 170 yards. The run defense was even stingier with the Gophers rushing 15 times for 18 yards. These numbers are even worse if you include sacks, as Osei was credited with -59 yards on the day. On the day Penn State's defenders were credited with 6 sacks, with OLB Aaron White and Evan Hailes tying for the team lead at 2. Going back to the offense, aside from the picks Bolden had a solid day. He passed for 271 yards and 3 touchdowns in this game. Big play wide receiver Shawney Kersey led the team in receptions (7) and receiving yards (154). He didn't catch a touchdown in this game but he set up most of the scores for the Nittany Lions. The running game couldn't do much in the game aside from one big play in the fourth quarter by backup QB Paul Jones. He found a seem on an option keeper and rushed 74 yards for the score. Week 10 should be another cake walk for Penn State as they take on the Purdue Boilermakers. After that the Big 10 championship will likely be decided when Penn State takes on currently undefeated Wisconsin.

5. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 21
    Florida State - 14

This was just a great game. Unfortunately, we had a disconnect in our first attempt. We were going into halftime with Florida State up 7-0 and then it just dropped. The second game was just as tight as the 1st. This time around the score at the half was 10-7 Alabama. For some reason after the game was over it would not let me save any highlights. It kept saying that I needed to be logged in to save them. I was logged in so I am not sure what was going on. I am also not able to see any of my stats at this point so I cannot post any. The game winning drive came when Alabama held the ball for most of the 4th quarter and scored on a 2 point conversion to go up by 7. The drive was mostly runs with only 4 pass attempts.

Good luck the rest of the season Ceewo.

6. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

The first game the D was rocking. They had held Bama to 0 points and forced three turnovers. The 2nd game we has some problems getting the Tide off of the field. Scott Jones hurt us early in the 2nd half when he threw INTs on our first two possessions. We did manage to take a 14-13 lead late in the 3rd after a FR. But Cnic put on a hell of a drive that took up most of the 4th quarter to seal the game. We did have a chance with less than a minute to go and 1 timeout, but that secondary was too tough to do much against. He limited my top 2 wideouts for most of the game.

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Man I come back from vacation to see that my HB Coker is out for the season for the second consecutive year....one of the best backs in the game site-wide and I barely get to use him.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

That blows

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oregon- 49
    Stanford- 35

Bennet blew up the Oregon record book with 604yds 7TD in the air and all was needed in this shootout. Dungy was the target of choice with 253yds 2 TD. Woods added 161yds 1 TD recieving. Williams ran for 97yds. The Ducks defense didn't show up giving up 500+yds.

10. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

Vandy 17
    LSU 61

Matt McDaniel started by throwing a 33 yard TD pass to Wright. A Vandy turnover led to a 46 yard TD run by Jakhari Gore, who had a monster day. The LSU defense forced a safety aand again on the next drive Gore punched in a 1 yard TD run. With LSU up 23-0, Vandy scored 10 unanswered points. LSU again drove down the field and Gore punched in a 6 yard TD run. Vandy scored a TD before the half ended to go in down 30-17. LSU returned the opening kickoff in the 2nd half and the game finished in 61-17 route. Matt McDaniel finished 17 of 23 with 237 yards passing in 3 TDs. Jakhari Gore finished his best rushing day of the season with 171 yards and 4 TDs on 14 carries.