Legacy 2014 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 9. 2 user games this week.

Next AVD no later than SUN at 10 PM EST

2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Yellow Jackets Earn Another
    Georgia Tech walks off with a 35-23 victory over Boston College.
    [​IMG]
    The Georgia Tech football team is proving that they deserve to be mentioned in national conversation. They have now streaked to a 5-3 record, after the embarrassing start to their season. Coach Gyrene and his team traveled to Boston College to play a tough conference game. Though BC has struggled, you can never take your conference foes lightly.​
    Georgia Tech truly dominated the game, but a fumble recovery for a touchdown skewed the score a bit. Senior quarterback, Day took full responsibility and said that he, "needs to take better care of the football game."​
    Nonetheless, the victory is short lived because they travel to play the hostile Florida State Seminole team.​
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Penn St Rolls the Suckeyes, Game Over by Halftime
    Ohio St ( CPU )- 27
    at
    #1 Penn St ( dj illmatic 23 )- 45
    The Penn St Nittany Lions made quick work of the rival Ohio St Buckeyes as they dominated from start to finish and had the game wrapped up by halftime. Both teams took turns trading punts in the first quarter. Finally, PSU put a drive together and capped it off with an 11 yard TD run by HB Nick Manning. This seemed to jump start the Nittany Lions, and they would go on a tear in the second quarter. QB Paul Jones made it 14-0 with a 2 yard TD run. Penn St would tack on a FG to make it 17-0, and then the defense would take over the show. Ohio St QB Braxton Milller was nailed as he scrambled for yards causing him to fumble. DT Angelo Blackson would pick up the loose ball and waddle 31 yards for the TD. The Buckeyes looked like they would put some points on the board going into the half, but CB Bryan Fraser would intercept Miller and return it 94 yards for a TD and a 31-0 half time lead.

Ohio St would take the second half kick off and work their way down the field. They would finally get on the board with a 12 yard TD run by HB Rod Smith. Penn St would answer back with a 32 yard TD pass from Jones to WR Jim Thompson. Jones would then find WR Alex Kenney for a 19 yard TD and a 45-7 lead going into the fourth. The Nittany Lions would put their subs in to gain them some experience during the fourth quarter. Ohio St would take advantage of the back-ups to finally move the ball. Miller would find WR Michael Thomas for a 4 yard TD. On their next possession, HB Rod Smith would add his second TD, this from 60 yards away. OSU CB would add a 96 yard interception return for a TD to make the final score 45-27. With the win, Penn St moves to 8-0 and 4-0 in the B1G. They host Illinois next week looking to avenge last year's loss in coach Illmatic's debut with the team.

Offensive Player of the Game
    Penn St QB Paul Jones
    12-17/ 213 yards/ 2 TD's/ 6 rushes/ 27 yards/ 1 TD
    Defensive Player of the Game
    Penn St LB J.T. Greenwood
    5 tackles/ 2 sacks/ 1 interception
    Play of the Game

4. Gyrene76

lol'ed at the "Suckeyes" Nice win

5. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Yeah, I can't stand them. I'm still bitter about the National Championship the refs gave them over Miami in 2001:(

6. Gyrene76

Tennessee should have been in that National Title game.

We were undefeated. Donte Stallworth fumbled twice in the SEC championship game. TWICE! We barely lost....oh what things could have been.

7. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

USC 45
    #3 Colorado 42

This game sucked balls. USC's QB went 27/31 for 335 yards and a TD. Their RBs combined for 5 rushing TDs and a billion broken tackles while the offensive line put down 15 pancakes or so. They ran for 144 yards and had 24 first downs to our own 10 first downs. Jackson was hurried 12 times and sacked 4, while we sacked them 4 times but never pressured them other than that.

8. Gyrene76

Tough loss man. Sometimes the CPU seems absolutely unstoppable.

9. Hova

Maryland 28
    Virginia 17

Maryland was able to get the huge division win on the road this week vs the Cavs. The Terps were led by the 2 leaders of the offense in QB Montana and HB pickett who both had very solid games. The defense was very solid as well getting pressure on the QB and playing good coverage. Maryland is now 4-2 and has a very tough opponent next week in Clemson.

10. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Man... Got home around 11 CST to see my Bear's lost to Stanford in a CPU sim and no recruiting took place. I was hoping to get home before the advance. Chalk this season up.... Hopefully next year is a better in California.

11. Gyrene76

Sucks man, were you out of town? I know Hova waited until 10.

12. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Yeah I was back in Michigan for the MSU/OSU game. Rough game for both offenses but 3 FG and 1 missed won't win you too many games. Urban Meyer is still a dbag.

I posted in the vacation thread but other than the loss, I didn't lose much on the recruiting trail thankfully. Cal has a tough stretch to close out the season with games against USC (who just beat uncleho and CU), then #20 Utah and then wrap up the season with a huge user match-up that will determine the Pac 12 South against #10 Colorado uncleho

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  13. Gyrene76

D
    dang bro, sounds like my brutal stretch.

Florida State, Maryland (Hova), and Georgia Bulldogs

14. Hova

sorry man. Wiscy lost on the Sim as well if that makes you feel any better lol

15. Hova

[​IMG]49
    [​IMG]37

Maryland finally gets back in the win column with a huge W on the road at Clemson. The game did not start out well as Clemson was unstoppable on offense racking up 21 points by the 2nd QTR. The tide would change late in the QTR as Maryland hit on big plays to WR Diggs and WR King with 30 seconds left in the half, the 2nd coming after a quick turnover. This was the huge momentum swing we needed to stay ahead and win this game. QB Montana throwing for 390 YDS and 2 TDs despite leaving alot of big plays on the field with bad throws. HB Pickett was very productive as well with a 146 YD day and 3 scores. The defense was pretty shitty giving up a million yards but made big turnovers when it counted. Maryland hosts Wake next week and look to play better defense at home.

16. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Lost like 42-14 to Iowa...the first time this year I felt like I got Heisman-ed from last years game.

Literally could not stop them on offense. No matter what plays I picked or what plays they did. And I was picked 3 times, including not 1, but 2, superman dives by their CBs in the endzone. Lost 2 fumbles...but we put atleast 4 others on the floor that we recovered.

Finally couldnt take it anymore and simmed the 4th qtr. Really hope this was an anomolly and not the norm

17. Hova

games have been weird this year. One week its crazy then one week its easy