Legacy 2015 Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into bowl season! Lets knock em out!

Next ADV no later than THURS at 9 PM EST

2. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #5 Georgia Tech and #7 Colorado met in the Orange Bowl to end their seasons and the game went in Colorado's favor almost all day. The Buffaloes forced a punt on Tech's opening drive and the offense went down the field but stalled out at fourth and goal on the one yardline. Colorado took the FG and a 3-0 lead (3:50) about midway through the quarter. The Buffalo defense held strong on the next drive as well, forcing another punt to get the ball back for their offense. QB Justin Jackson was in the end zone a couple of plays later on a 54 yard read option TD run (1:04) to put the Buffaloes up 10-0 in the first quarter.​
    The Georgia Tech offense sputtered again early in the second quarter and had to give the ball back to Colorado. Jackson capped off another good drive, this time on a curl route that turned into a 22 yard TD pass when the defender missed the tackle. Colorado was up 17-0 with 3:02 left in the half that was about to get explosive. The Yellow Jackets finally got some decent play from their quarterback (who happened to be the backup), who was erratic at best all game, and moved down the field when QB Tim Byerly hit WR Chris Russell on a 25 yard TD pass that cut the lead to 17-7 Colorado with 0:24 seconds left in the half. Jackson saw the corner run into the safety on the next drive and hit a wide open WR Bruce Vandermuelen for a 48 yard TD pass to put the score at 24-7 Buffaloes with 0:09 seconds left. Of course this meant that Byerly would throw a great pass deep to WR Anthony Autry who made a great catch on the SS Quentin Watkins and then avoided the tackle and outran everyone else for a 75 yard TD as time expired. Halftime score 24-14 Colorado.​
    The third quarter saw a solid opening drive by the Yellow Jackets that resulted in another Byerly TD pass against Watkins, both their third, this time a 8 yarder to TE Brandon Fulse. With the score now 24-21 in the third quarter (4:52) and the Tech fans back in it Colorado had to go back to work. On the ensuing drive Jackson caught the Tech defense in a Cover 0 look coming with the blitz and he hit WR Rich Mayes who was running a short post route. The defender went diving for the ball and missed and Mayes went 56 yards and was ankle tackled by some CB with blazing speed. He would get it back soon though as Jackson found him on a 12 yard TD (2:58) to extend the lead back to 10 points at 31-21.​
    Georgia Tech threw an interception I believe on their first possession of the fourth quarter or very late in the third, with Watkins making up for his 3 other mistakes making the play. The Colorado offense wouldn't get anything out of it but it took some more time off the clock and it was a possession lost for Tech. Colorado punted and Tech got the ball back and went down the field. Not having the kicker for a long FG Tech went for it on fourth down but failed to convert. Colorado then went down the field and Jackson scored his second rushing TD of the game on a 34 yard read option this time. Up 38-21 late in the game (3:13) Colorado was sitting pretty good. The Yellow Jackets put a nice drive together but ultimately had to settle for a 38 yard FG that cut the lead to 14 points at 38-24 with 1:56 left in the game. The onside kick then bounced of a Buffalo player and went right near a Tech player who nearly recovered but missed it, Colorado then recovered. The Buffaloes went to working the clock and ended up kicking a 49 yard FG to make it a 3 possession game with 0:25 seconds left. We didn't want to leave anything to chance after the end of the first half.​
    The final score was 41-24 with Colorado taking the win. GG Gyrene76, you had it rough with that backup QB and your other guys looking like they didn't want to be on the field at times.​
    GT​
    QB Tim Byerly 22/41 414 YDS 3 TD 1 INT​
    Combined team rushing yards was 47.​
    WR Chris Russell 6 REC 92 YDS 1 TD​
    WR Anthony Autry 3 REC 136 YDS 1 TD​
    CU​
    QB Justin Jackson 11/12 218 YDS 3 TD, 7 CAR 122 YDS 2 TD​
    HB Donta Abron 19 CAR 75 YDS​
    WR Rich Mayes 4 REC 97 YDS 1 TD​
    WR Bruce Vandermeulen 3 REC 87 YDS 2 TD​
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

GG man.

4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG] first here is a better logo for you.

Funny seeing that read-option going big for you, AGAIN. Should have given Gyrene76 a heads up.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  5. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I purposely left that out.

6. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] vs.[​IMG]
    21 - 0
    Cal puts on defensive show with 12 sacks and blanks Ohio State

This year's Rose Bowl featured a slightly different twist as the Michigan State Spartans were the winners of the B1G CCG and earned a NCG bid and Wisconsin, who lost in the B1G CCG, only received a invitation to the Capital One Bowl game. There was a lot of anguish as a result but you could not complain as Ohio State came into the game ranked #3 in the country.

After playing host to the Pac-12 CCG and beating Washington, Cal again did not have to travel as the Rose Bowl is conveniently also held at their home stadium. This may have played into the advantage of the Golden Bears as there defense-line often caused star Buckeye QB to break the pocket and attempt to run nearly every other play. With the talented defensive line that has been terrorizing all their opponents this was a recipe for disaster for Ohio State. Cal finished the game with an astounding 12 sacks, 4 being true pocket sacks the other 8 were tackling a running QB.

Led by school-record holder in sacks, and multi-award winner including The Bronko Nagurski Trophy, Lombardi Award and 1st Team All-American LE Todd Barr the Golden Bears held strong every time OSU got into Cal territory. Ohio State did send one early FG off the crossbar and also missed one short late in the third. But the story was the defenses on both sides. A combined 5 turnovers, 3 INT by Cal and 2 fumbles by Ohio State killed drives all day long. All 3 interceptions by Ohio State came in their defensive redzone.

Unfortunately star Cal RB Daniel Lasco was injured late in the first quarter and finished his career on the injured list - where he spend the first 3 weeks after getting hurt on his second run from scrimmage early in the season. Ironically, his first run from scrimmage this year was also his longest.

Defense Stats

rose bowl d.PNG

Game Ball:

[​IMG]
    Sr HB Darren Ervin (back-up)
    21 att 148 yard 2 TD

Cal finishes season 12-2. The defense will be back and strong as ever next year, so look for another aggressive/turnover side. The offense is unknown at this point. We will be replacing starters at QB, RB and WR. The offensive line and TE will be solid again with more talent coming in for next year.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  7. Gyrene76

My DE never stayed home. Two massive touchdowns came from read option. It was awful how bad the defense bites.

8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

He took me for two huge reads as well. That sh*t ain't happening again next year. But I won the Pac-12, he did not (y).

9. Gyrene76

I do t user my DE, which would help, but I may need to start against option teams.

10. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Asterisk conference titles are almost as good as regular ones :D

11. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

HovaTheGodMC isnt there a way to make BCS tie ins ? Where you designate certain conf winners vs eachother? I dont know too much about it but in the offseason dont you get the chance to change the BCS tie ins when changing the conferences and such?

12. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Manually set conference winners playing in specific bowls? I know the formula now has each conference winner playing in a bowl and NCG taking 1/2 in BCS rankings. I guess I don't entirely follow your question.

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Not really, its pretty vague and does not accomplish much

14. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

i was wondering if there was a way to make more users play during bowl week by making specific bowls like pac 12 vs b1g or acc vs pac 12 etc