Legacy 2015 Season Kickoff!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 1. no user games this week.

Next ADV no later than WED at 7 PM EST

2. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    28 - 16
    Cal Overcomes 3 Interceptions To Open Season With Win

Coach Fmode was excited heading into his first game of his second season with the Golden Bears. After losing starting RB Bigelow for the season before even taking over the reigns in week 2 last year there was a mountain to climb. On top of losing the starting running back last year, a quarterback controversy quickly developed between the pocket passer of Boehm and the scrambler Brown. It took nearly 4 weeks last year before Boehm was finally able to become the full-time starter and Cal had an up and down year finishing one USER win away from appearing in the Pac-12 championship even though they finished the season at 7-6 with a bowl loss to Texas Tech in last minute fashion. Last year, Cal lost 4 games in the last minute.

Stud RB Daniel Lasco who came on the scene in replacement of starting RB Bigelow last year finished the season with over 1,100 yards running and 400+ yards receiving - easily becoming the go to threat for the Golden Bears offense. There was a lot of hype around him this year as he was given the start being #1 on the depth chart.

First offensive play from scrimmage -- 60 yard TD run by Lasco!!! BOOM, watch out folks. Breaking 2 tackles and sending Berkley into a frenzy. Second offensive play from scrimmage -- Lasco goes down for 3 weeks :eek: :mad: . WTF is wrong with injuries to this team. Luckily back-up RB Ervin came into the game and also was able to be successful (star of the game) but he went out for the game in the 3rd quarter and it is unknown when he will be back :eek: :mad: . So, Cal finished the game with their 3rd stringer in Smith, who eventually added a "clock kill" running touchdown :confused: with under a minute to go.

All three running backs did score touchdowns on Cal's home opener though.

QB Boehm on the other hand was not nearly as sharp. He threw three interceptions with two of them just being bad reads and forcing the ball. Late in the 4th coach Fmode, against his better judgement, brought in back up QB Brown -- who lost the starting spot last year to Boehm -- and was able to successfully move Cal down the field to kill the clock and secure the win for Cal. Thus opens another QB controversy moving into week 2 with a HUGE match-up when they host #17 Penn State dj illmatic 23.

3. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    49-21 Cavaliers​
    After Akron took the first play from scrimmage 75 yards for a TD, we were able to settle down and play a solid game. There were several bright spots to the offense during game one (albeit against Akron). Second year QB Carl Fields had an impressive outing going 16-21 for 289 yards and 3 TD's, also adding 26 yards on the ground. Another welcome addition this year is the power running from HB Clifton Richardson who totaled 158 yards and 2 TD's on 24 carries. TE Drew Davis had 4 catches for 114 yards and 2 TD's which was a career day for him. ​
    The questions really all fell on the defense after the game as they played a very uninspired game against a weak Akron team. Doing enough to get the win but giving us close to 320 yards to the Zips has to be sewn up before the Buffaloes come to town next week. Revenge will be on the mind on our players as we were dismantled by Colorado to start the season last year. I win against #13 team in the nation could propel us back into the national rankings. ​
    * True Freshman ATH/HB scored two TD's in his first game as a Cavalier.​

4. Hova

[​IMG]35
    [​IMG]25

Maryland hosted USF in the home opener in a game that looked closer than it actually was. QB Montana started out bad with an INT on the first play but settled down after and threw no more. The suprise of the day was HB Scott who was the backup HB on the depth chart rushed for over 100 yards showing strong speed and tackle evading skill. On defense we racked up 5 sacks and could have been more but the UCF QB rushed a million times out of the pocket. Maryland heads to ASU next week for a sun bowl rematch from last season.

5. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

North Carolina 35
    Boise St 7

North Carolina opens the season at home and with their hands full, get a hard-earned win. Marquise Williams continued his chase to be North Carolina's all time leading passer, going 18-25 for 191 yards and 2 TD. Romar Morris added 14 carries for 110 yards and 2 TD. Zach Merrick had 5 receptions for 60 yards and Joe Thomas had 5 receptions for 47 yards.
    Defensively it was a solid effort all around. The defense had 10 hurries, 3 knockdowns, and 3 sacks. The most telling stat was the defense forced 4 interceptions on the day.

Next week the Tar Heels head to B1G country as they take on Northwestern.

6. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Louisville- 14​
    at​
    Penn St- 45

The Nittany Lions got off to a great start with a blow out win over the Cardinals. True freshman QB Nick White had one of the most impressive debuts in the nation as he threw for 214 yards and 3 TD's on 18-22 passing. PSU dominated this game from the start, but despite the impressive showing they do have several concerns. The offensive line looked poor most of the day at both run and pass blocking. The defensive line didn't look much better. We'll see how big a problem these issues are next week as the Nittany Lions travel to Cal. ​

7. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Colorado State 10
    #13 Colorado 28

The Buffaloes get a win in the Rocky Mountain Showdown in the opening game of the year behind a strong offensive performance. State looked to take an early 7 point lead as the marched all the way down the field, only to turn the ball over via interceptions when CB Joseph Blankenship made the pick on the three yard line out in the flat. Colorado would have to punt on that drive but did flip the field position. It wouldn't be until the second quarter that State would score the first points of the game, a 24 yard FG, to go up 3-0. Colorado answered a couple of plays later on a 78 yard TD bomb from QB Justin Jackson to WR Rich Mayes to take the lead 7-3. Colorado would force a three and out and then put up another TD, pounding it in from the goal line to go up 14-3 with only 0:14 seconds left in the half.

Colorado would extend the lead later in the third quarter when Jackson hit Mayes again, this time on a 6 yard TD strike, making the score 21-3 with 3:04 to go in the third. CSU answered right back on the next drive, scoring on a 25 yard TD pass to bring themselves to 21-10 with 1:14 left in the third. CU though went right back at them on the next drive and Jackson hit another big play, this time a 72 yard TD pass to WR Bruce Vandermeulen for the final score of the third quarter and the game.

QB Justin Jackson 7/10 213 YDS 3 TD
    HB Donta Abron 26 CAR 143 YDS
    WR Rich Mayes 4 REC 109 YDS 2TD

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

NORTHWESTERN - 42
    ARMY - 14

Trying to put last season way in the rear view mirror, the Northwestern Wildcats opened the season taking out some frustrations on the overmatched Black Knights.

After a 7-7 1st qtr, NU put up 28 points in the 2nd to take a 35-14 halftime lead and cruised home from that point. New starting QB Thomas Dean had quite the debut, going 14-15 for 268 yards and 3 TD. His only incompletion was actually a dropped pass, so he could have had a perfect day. Still, his rating was a robust 306! HB Jordan Perkins was slated to play a big role last year, but suffered a season ending injury early on. He is healthy now and the focal point of the Wildcats offense and started off the season with 124 rushing / 48 rec yard day with 3 scores of his own.

The defense also deserves alot of credit for this game holding the triple option rushing attack of Army to only 79 yards on the ground. They did pass for over 160 but alot of that was in the 2nd half, when they were down big, and forced to throw nearly every play.

All in all, a very nice way to kick off the season, but Coach Juggs knows this game was vs a vastly inferior opponent to what they will face in the Big 10. A 1-0 start is better than an 0-1 start, yes...but Northwestern has a lot of work to do to make the 5-7 season last year a distant memory

9. Hova

10. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I just got my game in Hova.

Sorry guys. AT&T said they won't install my internet until Wednesday. I just drove to my family's house again to play my game. This is exhausting going back and forth.

Sorry fellas again for the hold up.

11. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I never heard the conclusion to the internet story?

12. Gyrene76

I apparently have to get 6.0 MBps DSL from AT&T.

But they won't come to my house until Wednesday - I ordered it two days ago. It is a 9 day waiting period!

13. Gyrene76

Georgia Tech - 41
    Buffalo - 14

There is not much to write about here. I'm still not on my computer, so my write up isn't as in depth, but basically it was a shellacking. I was winning 31-7 going into the half. After another touchdown to start the half, I played my backups the entire rest of the game. The final was 41-14. I didn't find out much about my team from this game, but will very soon as I play #4 ranked Wisconsin week 2.