Legacy 2015 Week 11 (roll tide..)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 10, 2012.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Game of the Week

#4 Alabama MurkYa21 @ #1 LSU KillerNuts

Advance: Friday @ 8 pm

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

LSU - 30
    Alabama - 7

LSU was able to start the game fast and finish it strong. Odell Beckham was able to take the opening kickoff into Alabama territory, setting up a long pass play to put the first points of the game on the board. After forcing a punt, LSU scored again on a 43 yard run by Magee, who played extremely well filling in for the injured Smith. LSU scored another touchdown midway through the third to go up 21-0. From there, the Tigers got a bit more vanilla on offense, trying to avoid turning the ball over and not give Bama good field position. They were able to get a few field goals, but also threw a pick six on an out route that the Alabama corner was just able to get to. The LSU defense played great all game, grabbing three sacks and a fumble recovery. The Crimson Tide were never really able to get much of a drive going and were able to set the offense up with good field position, stopping Alabama on every 4th down starting with the first drive of the second half.

LSU still has a few tough games left, so we will need to continue to play well if we are going to get back into the title game.

3. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

UCLA - 3
    ASU - 38

The defense came to play Saturday, holding the UCLA Bruins to under 200 yards in a blowout victory. Despite gettingthree turnovers from the Sun devil offense, the Bruins could not muster up any kind of drive, with their closest touchdown drive being stopped on 4th and goal. In contrast the Sun Devil's racked up the yard on offense with 454 total yards. Luke Peterson had another huge day, rushing for over 150 yards and scoring on 70+ yard run.

The win puts the Sun Devils within one win of bowl eligibility at 5-4 and gives the ASU fans something to cheer about with the new offense putting up great stats in it's first couple games.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]

If Blalock (RS-JR) comes back next season, along with HB Cunningham (RS-JR), the Georgia offense could be scary. Blalock is finally starting to find his groove and the Georgia passing attack has come to life since he took over as starter. Next season the top 3 WR will all be back, will add 2 :5stars: WR and will be using a different playbook. In the Kentucky game, Blalock shredded the Wildcats' suspect defense. He passed for 5 touchdowns and threw for 320 yards. More importantly he threw 0 picks. He also did a good job of spreading out his pass attempts. Five Georgia players caught exactly 4 passes and gained at least 40 receiving yards. WR3 Schroeder (RS-FR) led the way with 91 yards and 2 TD, while TE Rome (RS-SR) caught 2 touchdown passes and finished with 74 yards receiving. Leading receiver Mitchell (RS-FR) gained 88 yards but did not find the end zone in this game. Late in the game Georgia decided to give true freshman Herron some carries. He showed off his speed, rushing for 90 yards and 2 late touchdown runs. On the defensive side, Georgia's pass defense gave up big plays to the Kentucky passing attack, but the Wildcats only mustered one long drive in the game. Turnovers were a big problem for Kentucky. QB Russell was picked off twice and lost two fumbles. The first fumble recovery led to a touchdown by DT Gaddis. The second was recovered inside the 20 yard line and led to one of the offensive touchdowns.

Off. Player of the Game - Blalock 20-30 320 yards 5 TD/0 INT

Def. Player of the Game - Q. Marshall 2 tackles 2 interceptions

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  5. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I am on a bye this week so I am ready to advance.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Iowa v UofM should be played tonight

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I got murked. I started Phillip Ely and went into the game with the mindset that we were going to run the ball. He stopped my running attack, shut it down is a better word, and held me to 106 total offense. I'm gonna have to play a hell of a lot more NCAA to get a W next year, but I really need to get some better recruits. He played man most of the game and really took away a lot of my passing option, and usered the DT and got into my backfield almost every play. roooooll tiiiiide.. :(

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I had a similar experience against LSU... hopefully I don't play Tigers in regular season next year

9. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I haven't been able to get into the dynasty today. Will try again tomorrow.

10. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I thought it was only me that had that issue.

11. Kaen

Kaen Walk On

27 [​IMG] vs [​IMG] 0

LOS ANGELES, CA - Home sweet home. USC returns home and faces the Utes, blanking them and taking control of the Pac-12 South. This was a must win situation for the Trojans, putting a conference championship run squarely in their hands.

Utah had no answer for the Trojan defense this day, putting up only 140 yards of total offense against a defense that has been inconsistent at times this year. USC forced two fumbles and an interception while also sacking the quarterback, three times. MLB Donta Jackson led the way with 5 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack and 2 forced fumbles.

On offense, the Trojans were much more consistent and moving the ball and really controlled the clock. USC put up 94 yards on the ground and 297 yards through the air for 391 total yards. Cody Kessler continued to start over Max Wittek and looked much better in this game throwing 16/29 for 297 yards and 2 TD. Brad Holland took most of the carries today touching the ball 22 times for 88 yards and 1 TD with Deshawn Minor adding 16 yards as well. I would look for Deshawn Minor to get back to his full time roll down the stretch. At wide receiver, Marquis Lee was again the man with 5 receptions for 106 yards and 2 TD. George Farmer also had 67 yards on 3 receptions.

The Trojans will now be in the driver seat for their chance at a Pac-12 Title game. It will be a bumpy for sure with the last 3 games of the season coming against Arizona, Purdue and UCLA, all on the road. The Trojans are 1-2 on the road this year. Let's hope they continue to improve on this weeks upset and finish the season strong on their way into the Title game.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  12. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I couldn't get in, either.

13. Hova

14. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

[​IMG]
    Iowa Wins at Home in Overtime
    #2 Michigan 24
    #13 Iowa 27

The Iowa Hawkeyes pulled out the upset victory this week in Iowa City against the #2 Michigan Wolverines. The Michigan defense kept Iowa in check most of the game only giving up 6 points through 3 quarters, while the Wolverine offense hit big plays in the first two quarters for the lead, but, left points on the field in the third quarter.

The Hawkeye offense just couldn't get it going in the first half, with a 5 play and 7 play drive both ending in punts in the first quarter while Michigan hit paydirt on a 52 yard bomb for a TD on their first possession of the game. Iowa's first possession of the second quarter was a three and out giving the ball back to Michigan. HB Rawls then raced 52 yards for a TD on the first play and a 14-0 lead with 4:30 left in the half. Iowa finally got something going and went on a 12 play drive that only resulted in a 26 yard FG to cut the lead to 14-3 with 1:12 left in the half. Both teams had another possession but went into halftime with the same score.

Michigan started the second half with a 9 play drive, but, had to settle for the 49 yard FG. The kick hit the right upright however and the lead stayed at 14-3. Iowa put together another 12 play drive after that and it also only resulted in a FG, this time from 29 yards, cutting the lead to one score at 14-6 with less than a minute in the third quarter. Michigan would answer right back with a 10 play drive that ended with a interception by Iowa CB Marcus McFadden on the 11 yardline. McFadden returned the ball to the 31 yardline and gave the Hawkeye offense the ball with 3:26 left in the game. QB Adam Reese led Iowa on a 9 play drive that culminated with a 4 yard TD pass to WR E.J. Turner who caught a one handed fade over the arms of a Michigan LB to cut the lead to 14-12 with 1:21 left in the game. Needing the two point conversion Iowa found it through the air when Reese hit TE Ray Hamilton on a short hook when he saw Turner bottled up by 3 guys on the slant route. Game tied at 14-14. Michigan had six plays to do something but ended up punting to Iowa, who then ran another 5 only to go into overtime.

Michigan won the toss and elected defense. Iowa came out throwing and Reese hit Hamilton for a 10 yard pass. Runs of 6 yards and 1 yard by HB Damon Bullock came next and then threw a pass behind Turner, who made a great adjustment to catch it for the TD and Iowa's first lead of the game at 21-14. The Wolverine offense came out shaky as QB Jones threw and incomplete pass, got sacked for an 8 yard loss, and threw another incompletion to set up 4th and 18. Jones then hit WR Timmons for a 33 yard TD pass against Cover 4 to tie the game at 21-21. Michigan's second possession saw an incomplete pass, 0 yard rush by HB Rawls who ran well all game, and an incomplete pass. They settled for the 42 yard FG and a 24-21 lead. Iowa got the ball and went to Bullock for a 7 yard run, the racked up a false start penalty on the next play. Reese then hit TE Jerod Williams on a 10 yard pass only to follow it up with an incomplet pass. A 3 yard rush by Bullock set up a 3rd and 7, Reese then found WR Sylvester Johnson on a 10 yard curl on the next play for the game winner.

Notable stats:

Iowa

Adam Reese 18/32 248 yards and 3 TDs, and got sacked once.
    Damon Bullock 18 carries 118 yards.
    E.J. Turner 8 receptions 99 yards and 2 TDs.
    Ray Hamilton 5 receptions 93 yards.
    6-12 on third down.
    17 first downs

Michigan

Thomas Jones 11/24 174 yards 2 TDs and 1 interception, sacked twice.
    Thomas Rawls 17 carries 140 yards and a TD.
    Issac Timmons 3 receptions 96 yards 2 TDs.
    3-10 on third down.
    1-1 on fourth down.
    11 first downs.

Great game HovaTheGodMC.

15. abolishthefed

16. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I guess i forgot to set ready to advance, My bad.

17. BigKing

Washington 59
    Pittsburgh 14

After watching Pitt for a full season, I can tell you this game was very realistic. The huskies came out and pounded the Panthers for 49 first half points. QB Matt Swan had a stellar game going 17-24 for 305 yards and 6 tds. Running back Tony Taylor went over 100 yards and added a pair of scores. WR Paul Lewis was left totally uncovered several times and ended with 5 catches for 177 yards and 4 TDs. Defensively the Huskies had 7 sacks and 4 picks.

Washington will now use it's bye week to prepare for the Oregon Ducks in a huge Pac 12 match-up. Only time will tell if the Huskies are for real.

18. Hova

great game uncleho your team played great and was resilient.

We made too many stupid mistakes, should have ran the ball more, and my dumbass kicker clanked that FG off the upright that would have resulted in a Win. We won't let the Big Blue faithful down again....

(y)

WE WONT LOSE TO OSU!

19. BigKing

I think you had the wrong post game vid.

• Like Like x 2
  20. abolishthefed

The shit's piling so high I may have to buy some waders.