Legacy 2015 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 11. 2 user games this week.

Next ADV WED at 10 AM EST

2. Hova

#19 Maryland 38
    #7 Georgia Tech 31

The Terps hosted GTECH today in a huge ACC matchup. The Terps came to play early opening the offense up with the arm of QB Montana who would score the first TD of the game on a 54 YD connection to WR Black. The same duo would connect again for another long TD at the end of the 1st. Montana played well all day throwing 5 TDs total and keeping the gas down on the offense. He threw one garbage INT late in the 2nd half. Our defense was solid early but fell apart late giving up 400 yards of offense and only gettin a stop late in the game with prevent defense. The game was very close and a fun battle. The few mistakes made on the day by Montana won us this game. GG Gyrene76 . Maryland has 2 more ACC games on the road before closing the season. Hopefully we can turn this thing around and make a strong finish to the season.

Player of the Game:

QB Montana 221.8 Rating, 15/27 362 YDS, 5 TDs, INT

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Gg man. My secondary could not stop Montana, ans I was throwing a lot of looks at you too.

4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

54, 50, 42 and 65 yard TD throws ?! :eek:

Gyrene76 - safeties left in the locker room?

5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

The Hova air raid offense was out in full effect. Looks like it was a good game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gyrene76

It was a good game. My front seven is solid, but I have a freshman corner and a crappy SS that get burnt all the time. I couldn't stop the hitches or curls unless I was in man, and in man, his slot trips kept hitting the corner route. It knocked me out of the title. I have had a poor week of NCAA, lol.

7. Gyrene76

The worst part...with 47 seconds left, with 3rd and inches, he throws a deep, deep pass, and my safety was in perfect position, just setting and waiting, I switched to user catch, and his WR just snatched it from me. I was stunned. I would have had the ball with 3 time outs and 40 seconds, only needing a FG.

Long story short, my secondary was exposed, lol.

8. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Dont feel bad, the sim loss to Virginia will probably keep me out the title game as well.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hova

I could not get the run game going at all. Was trying to make you pay with the deep ball and back the coverage up so I could run. My O-line is average at best but If I get time I can really do damage with Montana's arm and my top 4 WRs are all deep threats.

10. Hova

My defense is just awful. All I can do is throw different looks and blitzes and hope for a bad pass.

11. Gyrene76

Yeah, the deep route was in the back of my mind, as I kept getting burnt. Lol, it's hurt me in all my games..,fortunately I have an 80 OVR Cb with 96 speed coming to atlanta

12. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

#8 California 24
    #16 Colorado 42

In a must win game for Colorado to keep any chance at the opportunity to try and repeat for the Pac-12 title, the Buffaloes came out and played a great game. Colorado's first possession ended in a stalled drive and a punt. Cal marched down the field with good running and got right into the red zone. Cal QB Kyle Boehm then saw single coverage on a TE in the seam, maybe a WR, and went to him. Buffalo safety Quentin Watkins turned and made a great interception in the end zone and stayed in when there was no where to go. QB Justin Jackson came back out onto the field for the second drive and gave everyone a taste of how his day would go. Colorado converted a first down, then picked up a yard or so on the next play. Jackson got some great blocking on the next play, read option, and took it 69 yards for the score and a 7-0 (2:39) lead for Colorado.

California mounted another drive and got into Colorado territory in the second quarter again. The Colorado defense held strong though, and forced Cal to convert the long 44 yard FG (6:17) to cut the lead to 7-3. Buffalo HB Derrick Hayes ripped off a 73 yard run on the next drive by Colorado that set up a 9 yard Jackson TD pass to WR Rich Mayes and a 14-3 lead (4:36) about midway through the second quarter. California had to punt on their next possession and the and the Buffaloes two minute offense was clicking. Jackson threw another TD pass, this time to TE Eric Horne for a 12 yard score, that extended the lead to 21-3 (1:11) near the end of the half. The Golden Bears were thinking TD all the way, and Colorado was playing pretty safe defense. That didn't stop Boehm from heaving it deep to the slot who somehow beat his man and the safety en route to an 86 yard TD that cut the lead to 21-10 at the half.

The early part of the third quarter saw punts by both teams. Colorado got the first score of the third quarter after a great drive set up Hayes for a 1 yard TD run and a 28-10 (2:32). Boehm threw his second interception of the game on the next drive when FS Kyle Bowie made a fantastic one handed interception on a ball going behind him. His return set up the Colorado offense with great field position and they answered with another TD run by Hayes, this time from 5 yards out and a 35-10 lead near the end of the third quarter (0:30).

The fourth quarter saw Cal start airing it out and going exclusively to a hurry up offense with great success. In less than a minute they went down the field and scored on a 11 yard TD pass by Boehm to WR Maurice Harris cutting into the lead, now down 35-17 (6:17). Colorado was pounding out the ground attack with a short pass here and there and came up on third down in FG range. Once again though, Jackson got some great blocking on the read option, he took this one into the end zone from 27 yards out to extend the lead to 42-17 (2:59). Cal went right back down the field through the air and scored again, from 16 yards out as Boehm found WR Kenny Lawler for the TD (2:59). Down 42-24 the Golden Bears went for the onside kick and didn't recover it. Colorado had to punt though as Cal had all of their timeouts and the Buffaloes couldn't get a first down. Boehm again threw his team down the field to the two yard line, but turned the ball over on downs with less than 45 seconds or so left in the game. Colorado ran out the clock to claim the win.

Good game Fmode11

Cal

QB Kyle Boehm 23/43 408 YDS 3 TD 2 INT
    HB D. Lasco 8 CAR 53 YDS
    WR Kenny Lawler 6 REC 103 YDS 1 TD
    WR Chris Harper 3 REC 113 YDS 1 TD

CU

QB Justin Jackson 12/17 166 YDS 2 TD, 4 CAR 116 YDS 2 TD
    HB Derrick Hayes 24 CAR 164 YDS 2 TD
    TE Eric Horne 6 REC 63 YDS 1 TD
    WR Bruce Vandermuelen 3 REC 65 YDS

Defense had 3 sacks, 2 interceptions, 10 pass deflections, and 4 tackles for loss. Offensive line and others combined for 26 pancake blocks on the day paving the way for all those rushing yards.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

GG man. I came out on the wrong side of most the the breaks in the game. Two huge read-option runs by Jackson and that early INT in your own endzone was huge to start the game. I think I had to punt with 4th and 1 or 2 about 3 or 4 times in the first half. Good, strong defense.

How your safety made that one arm, behind the back, INT I will never understand. If I wasn't so upset with my teams terrible performance I would have uploaded the highlight. Maybe you did, I haven;t looked yet.

I was able to uncover a few things on defense I assumed were working, but you heavily exploited. So at least I learned a few things, coverage wise. Funny thing was Boehm got pulled at half-time in this game last year for Brown but Brown has been injured much of the year. He took a read-option early in the season and got SMOKED.

I did notice a funny hitch whenever I would switch to a player defensively, the payer would stop for a moment before continuing his previous running direction. That was very frustrating and allowed a few 5 yard runs up the middle to go for 10-15 yards. But at the end of the day I just couldn't get any rhythm going, besides the couple hurry up drives at the end.

The early message about the blitzing was anytime I lined up with two WR, you were blitzing. When I would send three WR out, you wouldn't. Just something I noticed but didn't feel it was against the rules, just super aggressive.

14. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I was hoping to make a dark horse run at it with win over Colorado and then hopefully winning the Pac 12... Not gonna happen now :mad:

15. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Yes I blitzed both the two and three wideout sets, more on the two though as I didn't want that HB to gash me all game. I can't get any pressure unless I send guys usually. We saw what happened when I sit back in coverage in the fourth quarter. I felt that I called most of the blitzes at the right time for once more than anything. My secondary knocked down a lot of passes as well for once, until the fourth quarter. Yeah that Bowie highlight is up on the Dynasty Wire.

16. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Yeah, you were spot on with the defensive play calling. It's like you were reading my mind. Oh well, you beat me solidly this year -- where you stole the game last year :eek: . Next year will be rough for Cal as most of the offensive is graduating. Every guy who caught a pass in this game was a senior, all 8.

Is aggressive impact blocking in play in this league? Your pancake block totals are insane.

17. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

No that setting isn't in play, that is just what the line did this week, its usually half that at most. This was the same thing that GMONEY 15 and Wisconsin's offensive line did to me when we played.

18. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

OK. Good luck the rest of the way. Looks like I'll be rooting for the CPU. 'Zona did beat me last year and Utah gave me fits last week.

19. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Utah always tries and comes close to ruining my hopes and dreams.

20. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

We getting that ADV this morning?

21. Hova

ya right now. Overslept

22. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

(y)