Legacy 2015 Week 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 13. No user games this week.

Next ADV no later than SUN at 10 AM EST

2. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

[​IMG]VS[​IMG]
    In the end it was defense and a strong will to win that kept Virginia out of the loss column. In a match-up of #18 Virginia Tech and the #22 Virginia Cavaliers the home team proved dominant and very greedy in maintaining the top spot in the ACC Coastal division. The scoring was little by both teams as the defenses brought their "A" game this week. The tally at the end of the 1st Qtr was 3-0 VT, but the Cavs were in possession of the ball and driving. Using a combination of an effective run game on the legs of RB Clifton Richardson and an efficient pass game behind the arm of QB Carl Fields the Virginia offense put up a TD with 1:43 left in the 2nd Qtr. Virginia Tech K Maurice Myers would add his second field-goal of the day with 11 seconds left in the half to bring the score to 7-6 in favor of the home standing Cavaliers.​
    The Cavs took the opening kick of the 2nd half and in 1:49 drove down the field and scored on a 9-yd flick from Fields to TE Drew Davis. Punts were swapped as the defenses tightened up for both teams. Score at the end of the 3rd Qtr was 14-6 adding to the Virginia lead. Beamer-ball seemed to be stumbling as the Virginia Tech Hokies tried to out guess the defense and came up short virtually all day. The 4th Qtr arrived to find the Virginia squad moving into position to punch it in again. The recipient was WR Mike Warren on a quick slant for a 10 yard TD from Fields 16 seconds into the 4th. Coach Evans said following the victory, "I was confident that our "D" could and would hold them even with 6:44 left to play." The Hokies did manage a quick score with a 2-point conversion to bring the score to 21-14 with 4:40 left on the game clock. The fact that the Cavalier run game was very good hurt the Hokies chances to get the ball back with enough time to manage a drive. The final play was the victory formation and QB Carl Fields taking a knee.​
    When asked about the possibility of playing his son for the ACC Championship game Coach Evans responded, "We will see how good of a student he was tagging along all those years." We have enjoyed each others company and discretionary criticism coaching, playing, and watching football for many years. Yes, we are both competitive and it will be intense but only one can win and the other will be congratulatory when the final whistle blows. If he wins he might miss a Sunday invite for dinner and if I win, well its my dinner table. In any case it should be a doozy of a game. We'll see y'all there.​

3. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Haha, that's awesome man. You sound like a journalist eh? I guess we could play later today

4. Dean Evans

when is adv. we still got wk 14 right then championship.

5. Gyrene76

Oh snap...yeah, forgot about that.

6. Dean Evans

No User games wk 14 just recruiting so that is quick Tuesday or Wednesday maybe

7. Gyrene76

Yeah, this has been a long week. I'm not even sure when advance is, lol.

8. Dean Evans

Supposed to have been at 10 am this morning. Oh HovaTheGodMC where for art thou.

9. Hova

we have an extension for the MSU user game. Advance will be tonight around 6 or 7 when im back in town unless I can find internet to do it online before then

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gyrene76

No worries. No one has user games next week anyways.

11. Dean Evans

Its all good, Gyrene76 is just anxious for his spanking.

12. Gyrene76

Lol...right.

13. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

HovaTheGodMC there are no user games in week 14. Is there any way we could do a double advance to get to conf championships tonight? Id like to knock my game out tonight with GMONEY 15

14. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Lg2.PNG
    This was a very close defensive game that was decided by turnovers. Penn State jumped out to a 10-0 lead due to a fumble by Connor Cook on the 2 yard line. That was the Nittany Lions only touchdown of the game however. Penn State then went on to kick a field goal extending their lead to 10-0 before Sparty finally woke up and realized we were playing football. Michigan State scored 24 unanswered points thanks to a stout defense that forced turnovers and punts. Late in the 3rd Sparty put together a great drive that ended with a 6 yard TD run by Blankenship, and on the ensuing kickoff PSU fumbled the ball. The very next play was play action to Aaron Burbridge who caught his 13th TD this year and put Michigan State in the lead for the 1st time in the game. Trailing 17-10, Nick White threw a quick out route that was intercepted by OLB Darien Harris who took it 60 yards to the house and ultimately leave the game out of reach for Penn State. Good game edge7771 welcome to the big leagues ;)
    LG3.PNG

15. Hova

My moms net is out. Ill try to advance on 3g if not i will in a few hours. We can advance again tonight

• Like Like x 1