Legacy 2015 Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 4. Keep up the good pace, 2 more user games this week so get those threads up. Make sure you are writing your summaries.

Games of the Week:

#18 UCLA (MaxAttax34) @ #3 Oregon (Hokie Effect)

#23 Miami (Maslerboros16) @ #16 Florida St (Ceewo)

Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #2 Alabama Crimson Tide (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 56-14 against South Carolina (0-2).
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host Arkansas (1-1).

=============== #16 Florida State Seminoles (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 45-7 against Boston College (2-1).
    This week, the Seminoles will host #23 Miami (2-1).

=============== #9 Georgia Bulldogs (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 35-21 against Michigan (1-2).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Starkville to face the Mississippi State Bulldogs (0-2).

=============== #14 Iowa Hawkeyes (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 45-21 against Boise State (1-1).
    This week, the Hawkeyes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Andrew Randle has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #10 LSU Tigers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, LSU lost 37-17 against Penn State (3-0).
    This week, the Tigers will host Tennessee (0-3).

=============== #23 Miami Hurricanes (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 42-17 against Clemson (1-2).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Tallahassee to face the #16 Florida State Seminoles (1-1).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 35-21 against Georgia (2-0).
    This week, the Wolverines are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) SS Steve Herman has committed to Penn State

=============== #3 Oregon Ducks (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 37-10 against Washington State (1-1).
    This week, the Ducks will host #18 UCLA (2-0).

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 37-17 against LSU (2-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) SS Steve Herman has committed to Penn State

=============== #18 UCLA Bruins (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins travel to Eugene to face the #3 Oregon Ducks (3-0).

=============== #5 USC Trojans (1-1) ===============
    Last week, USC won 42-23 against Notre Dame (1-1).
    This week, the Trojans travel to Stanford to face the Stanford Cardinal (1-0).

=============== #6 Virginia Tech Hokies (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 40-3 against Georgia Tech (2-1).
    This week, the Hokies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) MLB Brian Mansfield has committed to Virginia Tech

Next ADV no later than MONDAY at 9 AM EST

2. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 55
    Arkansas - 0

Alabama displayed a powerful offense and relentless defense in front of a few high profile recruits visiting on the weekend. Hopefully the blowout will convince these guys to play for the Crimson Tide next year and beyond. Alabama used the passing attack to dominate. Jamie Ross completed 16 of 28 passes for 214 yards and 4 TDs; while Ryan Horn went 4 for 4 for 121 yards and 2 TDs. Matt Miles led the receivers again with 9 catches for 184 yards and 4 TDs. Tucker Gray also had a productive day catching 4 balls for 69 yards and 1 TD. The Crimson Tide defense held the Razorbacks to only 242 total yards of offense. Third downs were also a problem for Arkansas. They only converted 3 of 13 third downs.

3. Hova

"Defense Key to win In Stanford Stadium"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] USC 28
    [​IMG] Stanford 7

USC gets the big win on the road in this Pac-10 opener thanks to a very strong defensive performance led by CB Franz who had 2 INTs and a Pick 6. The defense caused a total of 4 turnovers. QB Stanley struggled in this game after last weeks huge performance only throwing 2 TDS along with 2 INTs. Parker had a decent game at HB but the story of the game was the play of the defense who shutdown Stanford for the most part and kept giving the ball back to the defense. USC will be back in the "Ole Grand Lady" next week to host the Sundevils.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Really hoping that me getting my TE visit scheduled the week before Penn State gets him in will pay off.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Really hoping he commits before week 7

6. Wick36

Might have to try and down talk you as much as possible :)

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Good luck, I think I have you beat on almost every pitch. Trust me I know, because I spent 50 of my 60 minutes negative recruiting you :).

8. Hova

LOL I just signed a TE

9. Wick36

Well that's annoying. -.-

10. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#9 Georgia 45
    Miss St 11

Georgia sleepwalked through a win in this one. The first TD was scored by SS Dan Davis on a pick-6 where he juked the hell out of the QB. It was sweet, but I forgot to save the highlight. On offense, the WRs dropped 7 balls and QB Brown was inaccurate all day. The offense ran for 196 yards, but some of that came in mop up duty.

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

UCLA Knocks off #3 Oregon in Autzen! Write-up coming soon

• Like Like x 1
  12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Triumph: Powder Blue Pound Ducks in Autzen

Eugene, OR (AP) -- The #18 Bruins lengthen their win streak @ #3 Oregon behind the arm of (RS)Sophmore Lee Downing and stingy Defense. UCLA and their new Head Coach came to The Autzen Zoo this Saturday confident and definitely ready to play. This game started off rather unassuming with both teams scoring in the 1st quarter. Little did anyone know that UCLA would break it open the way they would. The Bruins rattled off 21 unanswered points in the 2nd en route to a 39-21 victory.

Humphrey would punch one in from 4yds out to start the scoring frenzy. Oregon would then move the ball down the field, but true Freshman DE R. Ricks would tee off on the OU QB Samuel and blast the ball lose. UCLA's other DE Watkins picked up the fumble and rumbled 63yd for the TD. About 3:00 later one of the PAC-10 plays of the decade would take place. Downing was operating out of the shotgun. He read the defense and made some pre-snap adjustments ala Manning/Brady. He tried to connect with his 6'6 WR Hurd on a deep out route, but it was broken up by an Oregon DB. Hurd was able to control his lanky frame, adjust to the ball after the tip, make the catch, and then hit the corner. The key to this all-time play was another Bruin had his head on a swivel and was able to pick up a block that sprung Hurd free. He hit the sideline and "glided like Clyde" 84 yards for the score! The Autzen Zoo seemed rather tame after that one as the only audible sound was the Bruins bench hooting and hollering. UCLA would take that 28-7 lead into halftime and never look back.

The Ducks, being a top 5 team, would not be denied and would score 14 more points in the 3rd, but the Powder Blue and Gold would tack on another 10 points in the 4th while shutting out Oregon ultimately leading to the UCLA 'W'.

(Hokie and I had a lot of trouble connecting in this one. We tried quite a few times to get the game in and progressed about a quarter each time. On our last try he ended up spotting me 4 points while we decided to play out the first half. Whoever was up after that would finish vs the CPU. This first half was the result of us playing and the second half reflects me vs. the CPU)

gg Hokie. That was a wild half to say the least.

Downing
    13/21 319yd 2TD 1INT

Humphrey
    20ATT 65yd 2TD

Hurd
    4REC 182yd 1TD

13. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Wow. Over 45 yards per catch?

14. Wick36

I don't know why, it's only been 2 days but it feels like a super slow week. Want to get off of this bye!

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Yep. He had an 85yd TD catch/run and another deep bomb that inflated the yards. He is 6'6 with 91 speed! He is my deep threat and can really stretch the field.

16. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

That's crazy. I hope I don't have to play you.

17. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Miami 17
    FSU 24

Florida State is able to hold off MaslerBoros and his Miami Hurricanes in a yearly rivalry game. Miami had a chance late in the game to tie it up, but two straight sacks but them in a hole and they would fall a yard short on 4th down that ended any comeback hopes. Scott Jones controlled the offense completing 16/20 passes for 251 yards and a pair of TD's. The Seminoles suffered a pair of injuries. HB Kevin Lester was hurt in the first half and will miss a couple weeks. TE Alex Wilson was also hurt early and will miss a few weeks as well. GG Masler.

18. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

Tennessee 10
    #10 LSU 35

LSU's high powered offense started off slow but in the end got it done in Death Valley. Starting in the 2nd quarter McDaniel through 2 TD pases to Ingram. The second half started with a quick drive down the field and a McDaniel to Mitchell pass. Tennessee kicked a FG, but then McDaniel again found a WR, J. Bowers for a 14 yard TD pass. The icing on the cake was a 96 yard INT return by P. Jones. Tennessee scored late but the game ended with a 35-10 Tiger victory. McDaniel went 21-34 for 295 and 4 TDs. Mitchell had 8 receptions for 99 yards and a TD.