Legacy 2015 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

3 user games this week.

Next ADV no later than THURS at 10 PM EST

2. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

#19 [​IMG] 24
    [​IMG] 23

A tight game all afternoon, this game was won or lost as time expired. Colorado's offense wasn't great, but made big plays to keep them in the game, while the defense bent most of the game forcing 4 FG attempts by ASU. The Sun Devils forced a Colorado punt on their first possession and then went on a solid drive that ended with a 19 yard TD pass to go ahead 7-0 in the first quarter (4:15). Colorado would respond with their own drive, but, had to settle for a 27 yard FG (1:59) to get on the board still down 7-3. The Buffaloes would be the next to score though in the second quarter, when HB Donta Abron received some great blocking and took a hand off 55 yards for the TD to put the score at 10-7 Colorado (5:16). ASU would answer back and tie the game as time expired in the first half, hitting a 39 yard FG and making the game a 10-10 tie at the half.

ASU got the ball first in the second half and methodically drove down the field and put it into the endzone again, this time on a 8 yard TD pass (4:37), to take a 17-10 lead in the third quarter. Colorado answered right back though with their second big play of the day. QB Justin Jackson hit WR Rich Mayes after a play-action fake on a post route he threw just a step behind when he saw the corner bailing a bit too much to the middle of the field. The result was a 79 yard TD pass that tied the game at 17-17 (4:24) in the third quarter. The Sun Devils again put on another solid drive deep into CU territory but were forced to settle for the 20 yard FG and a 20-17 lead as the third quarter ended. A Colorado interception in the fourth quarter gave ASU another chance to extend their lead and they did, converting another FG, this time from 47 yards to go ahead by six at 23-17 (4:39). Jackson and the offense responded on the next drive, putting together some runs and some nice passes, that culminated in a Buffalo TD. Jackson found Mayes again, this time wide open on a 14 yard TD pass, and the extra point put Colorado up 24-23 with too much time left in the game (1:54). ASU converted at least one third and long on the next drive, but I think the second one really hurt, when the ASU receiver got behind the CU defender on the sideline. This got the first down, stopped the clock when he went out of bounds, and put the Sun Devils easily in range of their kicker to setup the game winning attempt. Colorado took a timeout hoping to make him at least think about it. The kick went up and instantly showed it had the range, now it just needed to push right....but it stayed left as time expired. Colorado wins a tough conference game on the road. GG abolishthefed

ASU
    QB M. Eubank 20/30 254 YDS 2 TD
    HB D. Foster 21 CAR 82 YDS
    WR C. Lester 6 CTH 79 YDS 2 TD

CU
    QB Justin Jackson 9/15 158 YDS 2 TD 1 INT
    HB Donta Abron 11 CAR 106 YDS 1 TD
    WR Rich Mayes 4 CTH 110 YDS 2 TD

3. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Daaaaamn... The new freeze the kicker feature is a b*tch. Through two seasons as the head coach of Cal, I have not faced ASU, but it looks like the Pac 12 South is shaping up for another late season showdown between Cal and Colorado. Last year, Colorado scored a touchdown as time expired to win the game.

Great write-up. I noticed the summaries are beginning to fall off. Are these no longer required? HovaTheGodMC

4. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Oh they are still absolutely required, I guarantee he comes in here and confirms that and probably chew our asses for slacking.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

They are. I have been slacking my self but I been going through some personal things lately. I can't even play my CPU game this week. I will bounce back here though asap. Thats why I have been lenient on it lately

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    21-0
    Cal's Defense is the Real Deal

fumble TD.PNG

In an effort that should be ranked as a top 10 performance this season - Cal's defense sacked Oregon 10 times and was continuously in the backfield attacking the multiple spread option attack of Oregon. Unfortunately, the video-game version of this offense lacks the ability to also go down field and resulted in Oregon continuous three and outs as any completed passes where for short yardage gains.

Cal was also kept in check by a very talented Oregon defense. Besides a late fourth quarter touchdown this was a game of field position. Sr RB Lasco was kept under 100 yards despite his 32 carries. Sr QB Boehm also only threw for 122 yards on 10/14 completions.

Not an exciting game - but a very efficient defensive effort by Cal.

Next week #17 Cal (5-0) and coach Fmode11 play host to B1G Michigan State (3-0) and coach Gngsta4Lyphe. Looking forward to playing a new user. Good luck - Cook is going to need it with Sr LE Barr coming off the end ;)

7. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

It's been a rough start to the season for Arizona State. Two close losses, the game against Maryland where the game ended on a 2 point conversion in OT and the recent loss to Colorado with the missed FG. The icing was too much to take for my true freshman kicker (actually it was the first time I've been iced on this game and had no idea how the aim worked on that feature). I'm just happy that my team is progressing and next year should be a year where ASU makes a leap forward.

8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I recall the first, and only time, the CPU froze my kicker. I was dumb-founded. Truely a great feature I think that has been added to the game. Unfortunately, if not expecting it - like I was it nearly leaves you with a coin-flips chance of making the FG.

9. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Bro, I've seen those. Tough, tough ways to lose.

10. Gyrene76

Mine have been slacking because, I've not had net...but that's changed as of yesterday.

11. Gyrene76

[​IMG][​IMG]
    A Thrilling Game in Chapel Hill
    Georgia Tech and North Carolina met for the second consecutive year for an ACC user matchup. I knew from last year, that coach Gwill liked to sling the ball from the spread, so the Tech defense was better prepared this year than last - but it was still a tough game.​
    The North Carolina offense received the ball first, but were forced to punt after a failed 3rd and long. Georgia Tech fielded the punt with a nice return, and proceeded with a drive that was capped by senior star Broderick Snoddy. UNC responded with a very nice drive, but was forced to kick a field goal, after a tough goal line stand. Georgia Tech scored next with another touchdown of their own, but the worst thing on this drive was that Snoddy, Tech's best player, was injured for 3 weeks after being tackled.​
    With a 14-3 lead, UNC changed things quick after Wilfred Wahee returned a 96 yard punt, after literally breaking 6 tackles (seriously, 6 tackles). The Yellow Jackets then threw a pick and UNC capitalized with a touchdown. In a fury, UNC had taken the lead 17-14 with only 40 seconds left. Georgia Tech however, mounted a drive and scored a touchdown to end the first half - Georgia Tech 21 / UNC 17.​
    The second half was very uneventful. The Yellow Jackets scored another touchdown in the third and UNC had only a field goal in the 4th. This was the best defensive game for Georgia Tech, as they only allowed one offensive touchdown (Special Teams let me down).​
    GG gwill
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Gyrene76

This advance still happening tonight?