Legacy 2015 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 6. Awesome job last week. Lets keep it up all season.

Game of the Week:

#6 Ohio State (Abolishthefed) @ #14 Iowa (Uncleho)

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #9 Georgia Bulldogs (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia lost 16-6 against LSU (4-0).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host #19 USF (2-1).

=============== #14 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-1) ===============
    Last week the Hawkeyes were idle.
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #6 Ohio State (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Donald Ferguson has committed to Iowa

=============== #2 Michigan Wolverines (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 52-0 against Purdue (2-2).
    This week, the Wolverines are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Thomas Carroll has committed to Michigan

=============== #6 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 42-20 against Miami (1-3).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Iowa City to face the #14 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P Zac Rodgers has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) LG Donald Ferguson has committed to Iowa

=============== #1 LSU Tigers (4-0) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 16-6 against Georgia (3-1).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Ernest Johnson has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #16 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame won 24-6 against Pittsburgh (2-2).
    This week, the Fighting Irish travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Ernest Johnson has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #18 Tennessee Volunteers (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Tennessee won 51-21 against BYU (3-1).
    This week, the Volunteers are idle.

=============== #17 Washington Huskies (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Washington won 37-24 against UCLA (0-4).
    This week, the Huskies travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Derek Thomas has committed to Washington
    - (****) TE Corey Sutherland has committed to Washington

=============== USC Trojans (2-2) ===============
    Last week, USC lost 28-10 against Oregon (3-1).
    This week, the Trojans will host #15 Cal (2-1).

=============== #3 Oregon Ducks (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 28-10 against USC (2-2).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.

=============== #13 Alabama Crimson Tide (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 55-7 against Connecticut (1-2).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Gainesville to face the #7 Florida Gators (3-0).

Next ADV No later than TUES at 5 PM EST

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I have another bye week... :(

Back at #1 though, which is nice I guess.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Alabama over Florida 29-17

Hopefully this win will get those jorts wearing s-o-b's off my recruits! Bama started this game out a little differently on offense, going to a pass heavy attack knowing the Gators would key heavily on HB Daniel Bryan. The game plan worked out nicely as Freshman Jason Jones would catch his third TD of the season on a 25 yarder over the middle.

The offense struggled to get anything going the rest of the half, but the defense would bail them out by putting the ball in the endzone themselves. Senior OLB Sam Johnson put a huge hit on the quarterback knocking the ball free, and then the big, all american DT Darryl Hollis picked it up returning it for what seemed to be the longest 43 yards ever.

Still the offense struggled, as Sam Johnson did his best to hold Florida off. It was in the fourth quarter when Bama was finally able to take control of the game going to Daniel Bryan left, right, and middle. However, it was the big play of Senior WR Bradley Sylve that put the momentum on Bama's side as he went over the top of two defenders to haul in his only catch of the game for a 38 yard TD. Being able to come through when called upon so late in the game really kept the defense on their heels and we were able to pound the rock most of the fourth quarter.

Daniel Bryan finished with 111 yards on 23 carries and 1 TD. 15 carries for 76 yards and the TD were all in the fourth quarter.

Bama will have a BYE week next week, and then play Ole Miss at home before playing #18 Tennessee at home.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Georgia 40
    USF 7

Defensively Geogia has played well all season but the offense has struggled at times. In this game the offense finally started to find a groove. The Bulldogs passed for 400 yards and added about 80 on the ground, taking out QB sacks. Wr1 Jones, WR2 Mitchell and TE 2/WR6 Gould caught long TD passes in this game. On the defensive side, Georgia gave up some yards to USF but didn't allow many points. CB3 Kimbrough had an interception that prevented one score. USF also had several drives die out around the 40-50 yard line. Next up for Georgia is a much tougher foe, Tennessee. That game could determine the SEC East champion.

5. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Washington 48
    Colorado 10

The Huskies were impressive on both sides of the ball overwhelming Colorado today. Defensively Washington held QB Stevie Dorman to only 3 completions while sacking him 5 times and intercepting 4 of his attempts. Husky QB Matt Swan again went over the 300 yard mark with 4 tds. Freshman of the year candidate Tim Culp caught 6 balls for 108 yards and two scores before being injured late in the game. Let's hope he'll be able to get back on the field quickly. Big Play Marvin Hall caught two touchdown passes to go along with his kickoff return touchdown. Washington will now have a nice week off focus to focus on signing more recruits.

6. Kaen

Kaen Walk On

64 [​IMG] vs [​IMG] 3
    LOS ANGELES, CA - It's good to be home. In a game that was touted as the game where #15 Cal would finally present a challenge to the unranked rival Trojans, this turn out to be anything but a challenge. USC dominated on both sides of the ball forcing 5 turnovers and 2 touchdowns on defense and 581 yards and another 6 touchdowns on offense.
    After a tumultuous start in the first quarter, Cal looked like they might recover and challenge, marching down the field and putting up their first and only score of the game. Cal just couldn't do anything to consistently penetrate the Trojan defense and find a way to slow USC's offense down.
    The big plays were numerous in this game with 5 of USC's touchdowns coming on plays over 20 yards. The biggest sign of what was to come in this game was in the 2nd quarter when Cal QB Berg went to pitch the ball and threw it right into the intercepting hands of USC OLB Tre Madden who ran the ball 14 yards for a touchdown.
    Colorado travels to the Colliseum next week to face the Trojans. If this Trojan team shows up to play, they better cinch their jock straps up.
    Player Note: HB Deshawn Minor left the game with an abdominal strain and will miss action for at least 2 weeks.
    Game Statistics
    QB: Max Wittek - 17/24, 420 Yards, 3 TD
    RB: B Holland - 13 Carries, 132 Yards, 1 TD, 2 Receptions, 29 Rec Yards
    RB: Deshawn Minor - 8 Carries, 58 Yards, 2 TD, 1 Reception, 6 Rec Yards
    WR: George Farmer - 4 Receptions, 113 Yards, 1 TD
    WR: Marquis Lee - 4 Receptions, 118 Yards
    DEF: 7 TFL, 2 Sacks, 1 INT, 5 Forced Fumbles, 4 Fumble Recoveries, 1 Safety, 2 TD
    (I actually had to stop my player at the 1 yard line and allow myself to be tackled to keep from blowing the cap. There were holes all over the place to run through or pass to with this team.)

7. Hova

These CPU teams are awful

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You can put Utah on your schedule next year then!

9. Kaen

Kaen Walk On

Yeah, I think it just depends. Cal was awful, but I lost a cpu game last year and have had some others I wasn't sure I wasn't going to pull out. I don't think it's the cpu settings in general, I think it's more team specific.

10. Hova

Seems like the CPU got worse for come teams after the slider update, but others have lost. weird.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I lose to the CPU because it's not as fun for me as a user game. And if you don't play out your game plan you can dig yourself into a deep hole screwing around with the CPU.

12. Wick36

Who lost?

I don't see any on the wire and don't have access to my xbox until tomorrow.

13. Hova

Guess we need to crank it up more. I notice the CPU QB stands in the pocket ALL day until he gets sacked, like nobody is getting open. Maybe lower human pass coverage??

14. Kaen

Kaen Walk On

Not for me. Cal's QB scrambled at least half a dozen times in that game for good yardage when I had him covered and the pocket started collapsing. Had to start spying the dude.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I agree, I'd say in half my cpu games the CPU QB scrambles and many times it's early.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wick36

And bump CPU pass coverage, users seem to get a lot of long bombs every game.

17. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

This is the exact opposite of my experience with the new settings. The computer QB averages 10-15 rushing attempts per game on passing plays against me. Since the computer blocking has been adjusted upward, the defensive line never gets off a block to stop them from rushing and the linebackers never come up to stop them.

18. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

The users don't complete bombs because their coverage skills are too low. it's more in relation to how many times the computer brings all safety blitzes or other stupid calls. It's not like anyone in this dynasty is completing 70% of their passes.

19. Hova

If they are running to early there is no difference. The WRs are not getting open for the CPU.

20. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Notre Dame 45
    Purdue 17

West Lafayette, IN -- Notre Dame has dominated Purdue the past five seasons and this victory was no different. The Irish were able to capitalize on several Boilermaker mistakes to cruise to an easy victory this afternoon. Purdue committed two turnovers which were lost fumbles and the Irish special teams were able to create a short field several times for the offense and had a kickoff return for a touchdown.

Wide Receiver Cliff Williams help to spark the Irish special teams when he took a kick for an 87 yard touchdown. Later in the game Williams took a punt 50+ yards to put the Irish at the 5 yard line and set up another easy touchdown run for George Atkinson. Atkinson was able to cash in on several short touchdown runs, and had 26 rushes for 137 yards and four touchdowns. Frank Pierre added 4 rushes and 20 yards as well. QB Reggie Williams had a decent outing going 8 for 17 for 122 yards and a TD.

Next week the Irish face the #6 ranked Ohio St Buckeyes in a game which will be a big test for this team.

21. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I agree with this. Week 3 against Boise is a perfect example of this. It seemed they were daring me to beat them with the long pass. The safeties would come into the box on just about every play.

Boise did this also. I ended up spying the QB and he still ended up getting away a couple times.